• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Include in Your Hostess/Show Packet?

In summary, Katie includes a planning guide, pre-show orders, order forms, recruitment brochure, and sticky notes in her hostess packet. She also includes a catalog, two catalogs, sticky notes, and a guest list packet. Her show packets include a show planner, pocket folders, and two pocket folders.
Katiek77
I did my first 6 shows and now want to improve my hostess packets and the packets that I use at my shows. What do you include in your hostess packet? What do you include in your show packets, that customers look at during your show? Let me know if there are any special flyers you include also. Thanks so much!
Katie

I put the normal stuff - planning guide, invites, that month's host & guest specials flyer, 2-3 catalogs, 5 order forms (if it is a catty show I put more).
I have also started putting in my own little Helpful Hosting Tips flyer (I have an extremely hard time getting hosts to let me coach them, so I just basically type what they need to know. I have seen a thing on here & some put in a host challenge flyer & how to have a $1000 show flyer. Hope this helps.

The more you put in a host pack, the less likely they are to read any of it. Keep it simple and duplicatable, and you'll increase the interest expressed by hosts to sign.

I use pocket folders for my host packs and include the following:
Left pocket
  • 5 order forms
  • 3 monthly guest specials, printed on bright paper
  • 2 catalogs
  • 1 envelope. 6x9 envelope, stamped, addressed to me; with a sticky note on it that reads, "Use this envelope to collect outside orders and payment." I get the pre-show orders at the show, and the host can use the envelope to send me the post-show orders and checks.
Right pocket
  • 1 catalog
  • 1 host special flyer, printed on bright paper
  • 1 show planner, which I mark up to highlight certain things
  • 1 recruiting brochure
  • 1 guest list packet: paper clipped together, 50 Guests in 5 Minutes memory jogger; 1 sheet with 40 lines for names, addresses and emails; cover letter (basically indicates to fill out all the addresses and get it back to me); and another envelope stamped and addressed to me.

My guest folders for at shows are also pocket folders, but the kind with the prongs. In the left pocket, I put a catalog and a sheet of sticky tabs from Merrill. The right pocket has an order form and door prize slip. There are a couple of sheet protectors in the prongs that contain: this month's guest special with next month's host special on the back; "Host a show" flyer (from supply order - these change seasonally, and have the current theme shows on them); 1 each booking and recruiting flyers and any current recruiting promo.

I like the idea of the pocket folders...I have the show planner, 3 catalogs, 10 outside order forms, 3 copies of guest special, one of host special, invite list for them to write name, phone # with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a host tic-tac toe came. And, of course, a letter w/ information on how to get the best return on their show!

I think I probably give too much, but the sheet my hosts tell me matters the most is the "how to add up an order" sheet.

Attachments

• 1.steps to a successful show.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 2.Guest List ahead.doc
    292.5 KB · Views: 377
  • 3.50peoplein5minutes (Kitchen).doc
    103.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 4.adding up an order.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 5.tale of two hostesses.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 397
I also use the 2 pocket folders. I get them really cheap when they have school supplies on sale so I stock up.
In the left pocket: Info letter, Steps to a Successful Show Note, How to Use My Website note, Show Planner, and 50 Guests in 50 Minutes, a One Page Guest Address List with a SASE attached, and this month's Host Specials.
The Right Pocket: Recruiting Brochure on Top (with any promotions such as the Mini-Kit), 2 catalogs, 2 sheets of OOFs (with 3 on each page) with a 5x7ish manilla envelope to keep orders and $ in, Guest Specials Sheet for this month, Hostess Specials for the next month, and some kind of fun game such as Tic-Tac-Toe or Hostess Bingo.

My show packets are all in one folder I found at Wally World. They have a clear cover with a clear plastic sheet that holds guest special in front and order form behind and a slit in the bottom of it which holds an info/door prize card I made and a recruiting brochure. The catalog is behind this in the prongs.

HTH

I use the platic 5 pocket folders Target has in their $1 section. Right now they offer blue, green, and pink but sometimes has stripes. I like these because they are plastic, reuseable, and easy to see.
I give the show planning guide, my card, 5 catalogs, 5 order forms, business info, 50guests in 5 mins (different then Scott's), a welcome letter (again different than Scott's), and the specials for the current and next month.

My guest packets are the 2 pocket folders some with and without prongs. On the left, my customer care info sheet, catalog, and order form and if there is a recruiting promo. the right is recruiting info. the plastic inserts will have the current & next month specials. If they don't have the insert, then it goes on the right.

Saturday Gourmet said:
and some kind of fun game such as Tic-Tac-Toe or Hostess Bingo.

HTH

Can you post these please ? :)

Saturday Gourmet said:
Info letter,
Steps to a Successful Show Note,
How to Use My Website note,
2 sheets of OOFs (with 3 on each page)
HTH

I'd love to see these....especially the OOF with 3 per page.

Thanks!

After my first 30days I'm regrouping in hopes of improving my next 30-60 days and I feel that my guests & host packets needed some more organization and/or information. I'm going to try out the folder method and was looking for imput if I am including too much:

Left side of folder:
1.Order form
2. Guest slip (which did not work out well at my first 5 shows)
3. 1/2 sheet of blank paper for jotting down notes

Right side of folder:
1. Catalog

In Page Protectors hooked in the prongs of the folder:
Top: 3 Months Hosts/Guests Specials (from here)
Flip over (left side): Booking Flyer (Never Pay Full Price from here)
(right side): Recruiting Flyer (Everyone Deserves to be Pampered from here)
Flilp over (left side): Top 10 Reasons to Host a PC Fundraisers (top) with "How much can we earn?" on the bottom

ahhhh shoot - OOP! (darn laptops!) Continued...

And then I wanted to end with something on Gift Registries and possibly listing a "cheat sheet" of page numbers & prices of all the products I use during the demo (kit) plus my key sellers as the guests always seem to shout out "where do I find that in here?" and my brain blanks on the 100 page numbers.

I'm sure many won't read it all, but it hits all of our key points:
Specials, Bookings, Recruiting, Fundraisers & Registries

I'm a visual person and many times don't hear everything people say (ok so I prob tune them out) so perhaps there are more like me that would appreciate the visual. *Also gives me something to hold up and follow along with (as to not forget items) as I love the booking slide for that reason!

Dunno - hoping the experts and top sales getters have insight. I know less is more, but sometimes a well organized more is less? :)

Darnit - forgot a clarification - the above was for guest folders.

The longer I do this, and the busier I get with my business, the simpler my Host Packet gets.At the beginning of the school year, I watch for sales at Staples, Office Max, etc...on the Pocket Folders, and can usually find them for between 1-5 cents each. I buy up all I need for the year then. I can get 100 Folders for less than $10 that way.Then, in my folders in the left pocket:1. Guest List Sheet w/ Cover Page
2. 50 Guests in 5 Minutes Flyer
3. Show Planner
4. 10 Postcard Invites as extras for the host
5. Business Card in the slots for it
Right Pocket:
1. 6 OOF
2. 2 Catalogs
3. Recruiting Brochure
4. Host/Guest Specials for this month & next 2 months. (I usually just put in one of the 3 column ones from this site)Anything else, and it's just a waste of paper and my time. I do have a couple other things that I mail individually to my hosts. If it comes on it's own, and not as part of a big packet, it's much more likely to be read!I book and hand out host packets for at least 90% of my shows at the show - so I go over the host packet with them in person at the show, and explain everything in it then.

What do you hand out to your guests?

I'm new and just booked my first show - thanks for all the great information!

Question - do you give out the guest packet as they arrive or wait to get started and pass them out all at one time? Second question - is it better to give them a guest/door slip to fill out as them come in and have them put into something vs. putting into the guest packet.

Kelly - can you please post a copy of your OOFs - with 3 on each page??

Love this site! Thanks everyone!!

PamperedSD said:
I'm new and just booked my first show - thanks for all the great information!

Question - do you give out the guest packet as they arrive or wait to get started and pass them out all at one time? Second question - is it better to give them a guest/door slip to fill out as them come in and have them put into something vs. putting into the guest packet.

Kelly - can you please post a copy of your OOFs - with 3 on each page??

Love this site! Thanks everyone!!
I place the guest information slip inside the lapboard. After we have eaten and all guests are sitting down together I hand out the lapboards. The first thing I ask them to do at that point is complete the form and give it to me so that we can draw for a prize later. After that we go through the rest of the information included in the lapboard.
I don't hand out anything as they are coming in because people tend to just sit stuff down, fumble through all the papers and misplace them, etc.

Host packets
I also use two pocket folders

In the left pocket:
5 outside order forms
1 Catalog
"Take Charge Take Action!" opportunity brochure
In the slots on outside of the left pocket: my biz card

In the right pocket:
Copy of this month's guest special
Copy of this month's host special
Copy of NEXT month's host special with a sticky note that says "When someone books a show for next month from your show you will get this too!"
Cooking Show planning guide
A thank you letter with some tips on how to have a succesful show
Some extra invite postcards for them to hand out to coworkers, people they may run into while out and about, etc. (I mail invites for my hosts)
Stapled to the outside of the right pocket: Kit Credit Coupon

I use green folders for spring/summer and red folders for fall/winter- they kind of go with our color themes (our spring products tend to be green, and cranberry for the fall)

Guest packets at shows
I have lapboards that I made out of black 3-ring binders I purchased at Wal-Mart- they were something crazy like $0.55/each and both the front and back cover had inner pockets, the rings were located in the binding, so I just cut the covers off the binding and voila! Lovely lapboards for less than $.30/piece.

I ONLY put a catalog and order form in there. I have a plastic sign holder that I display this month's guest special and next month's host special in as part of my display so they can all see it and I personally hand out and walk them through filling out the drawing slips towards the end of the presentation.

I apologize for not checking this thread sooner. Here are copies of what I put in my host packet. Most of it I got off of here and tweeked it, but I'm not sure who to give proper credit to.

Attachments

• 1 Page Guest Addy List.doc
    97 KB · Views: 368
  • 50 Guests in 5 minutes.doc
    101.8 KB · Views: 349
  • How to Use My Website.doc
    53 KB · Views: 481
  • Steps to a Successful Show.doc
    31 KB · Views: 399
  • Host Packet Letter.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 535
...and here is the rest of it. There are 2 different versions of Tic-Tac-Toe. Hope these help.

Attachments

• OOF Generic 3 per page.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Tic Tac Toe 2.doc
    29 KB · Views: 451
  • Tic-Tac-Toe.doc
    31 KB · Views: 328

What Do You Include in Your Hostess/Show Packet?

At Pampered Chef, we want to make sure our hostesses have all the information they need to have a successful show. Here are the five most frequently asked questions about what we include in our hostess/show packet:

1. What type of invitations do you provide?

We provide both physical and digital invitations for our hostesses to use. Our physical invitations can be mailed or handed out to potential guests, while our digital invitations can be easily shared through email or social media.

2. Do you include any special offers for guests in the packet?

Yes, we include a special offer for guests to redeem at the show. This could be a discount on a specific product or a free gift with purchase. This is a great way to entice guests to attend the show.

3. Are there any materials to help with the planning process?

Absolutely! We include a planning checklist and tips for our hostesses to ensure they have everything they need for a successful show. We also provide a guest list tracker to help keep track of RSVPs and attendance.

4. Are there any resources for the hostess to share with their guests?

Yes, we provide our hostesses with a digital catalog and order forms to share with their guests. This makes it easy for guests to browse and place orders before, during, and after the show.

5. Can the hostess customize the packet for their specific show?

Of course! We understand that every show is unique and our hostesses may have specific requests. We are happy to work with them to customize their packet to fit their needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ksmedic
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
taranoblechef
  • khergatt