• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do While Food Is in the Oven?

In summary, the speaker described their procedures for hosting a show, which includes playing games with prizes, showcasing new products, and giving a PC opportunity commercial while the host prepares the main recipe. They also mention promoting holiday gifts and suggesting sentimental gift ideas, such as the recipe binder.
cajunchelle
Gold Member
Do you take orders, show more products, mingle with guests? I will be having my first show soon and was just interested in others procedures. TIA

cajunchelle said:
Do you take orders, show more products, mingle with guests? I will be having my first show soon and was just interested in others procedures. TIA

I take orders after this is all done.

I'll say, We're gonna play a couple of fun games with prizes and then I'll come around and help you with your orders and answer any questions...

That's when I pull out my games and give out prizes. I only do 2 games and 2 prizes, and the cheap one's like a mini spatula or bamboo tongs.

If I'm done before the food is out then I talk about other products like the Peeler/Corer/Slicer..I always bring an apple or two with me just in case and they just love that thing. Especially when I tell them they can use a potato with it too and make curly fries..they love it.

Much luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do my PC opportunity commercial while the host pops the main recipe in the oven. By the time she's back in her seat, I've finished that and go on to one of 3 spiels that I do at every show...stoneware, cookware or Simple Additions. It's also a good time to show a couple of new products (I set up displays and ask whoever is sitting nearest to be "Vanna"), point out good Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers. ("Hey, is anybody here looking for an easy gift for a babysitter, a neighbor or a teacher? Check out ____ on page ___. If you know of a wedding that's coming up, the stainless steel bowls make a really impressive gift. Or for a sentimental gift, get the recipe binder and have the couple's friends and family write down their own special recipes. The couple will treasure it!")

1. What are some activities I can do while my food is in the oven?

While your food is cooking, you can use this time to prepare any side dishes or salads to accompany your meal. You can also clean up any dishes or utensils that you used during the cooking process. Another option is to use this time to set the table or make a simple dessert.

2. How long do I have to wait while my food is in the oven?

The cooking time will vary depending on the recipe and the type of oven you are using. It is important to follow the recipe instructions and use a timer to ensure that your food is cooked for the correct amount of time.

3. Can I leave my house while my food is in the oven?

It is not recommended to leave your house while your food is in the oven. It is important to monitor the cooking process and make sure that your food does not burn or overcook. If you do need to leave, set a timer and make sure to check on your food when you return.

4. How can I prevent my food from burning while it's in the oven?

To prevent your food from burning, make sure to use the correct temperature and cooking time as stated in the recipe. You can also cover your dish with foil to prevent the top from burning. It is also important to check on your food periodically and adjust the temperature or cooking time if needed.

5. What should I do if my food is not cooking evenly in the oven?

If your food is not cooking evenly, make sure to rotate the dish halfway through the cooking time. You can also try using a different rack in the oven or adjusting the temperature. If the problem persists, it may be an issue with your oven and you should contact a professional for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Barry Carlton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
Replies
Views
pcchefpat
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies