• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do Some Abbreviations Mean?

In summary, SAT stands for the abbreviation of the day it's administered, and it's a test that is usually taken by kids to get into college. It is easy to take and most people do well on it.
chefjwr
Please define DH and "Sticky"?

Dear Husband.No, I'm not writing you a letter, that's what it stands for.A "sticky" is a thread that is pinned to the top of a forum so it doesn't slide down the page and get lost like other threads.

DH is usually Dear Hubby DS - Dear Son Although I think D can be exchanged for Darn sometimes LOL!

A sticky is sort of like a frequently asked questions /popular post that seems to stay at the top of the screen - Although I don' t know the technical definition

See? This is why the acronym thread needs to be a "sticky" :0)

Thanks everyone! Feel free to add any you don't know and see if you get your answer. I had always thought DH was dumb husband and I had always thought it was mean and that you were all so nice. So, I thought I should ask to see what it meant.

For some women, including one I used to know, the terms are redundant.It's okay - she speaks highly of me, too.

What does SAT mean?

Sell-a-Thon

That one took me a minute or two, too.(Ann, I'm proud of you for not going taking the it's-a-big-hard-test-that-kids-take-to-get-into-college route.)

raebates said:
That one took me a minute or two, too.

(Ann, I'm proud of you for not going taking the it's-a-big-hard-test-that-kids-take-to-get-into-college route.)
I almost did, and then decided not to push it.

And it's not hard. I took it in 8th grade and scored 1100 on it! When I took it in HS, I got 1410 (90 less than I wanted).

Smarty-Pants. Actually, I did really well, too. I have a cousin who's just a couple of weeks younger than I. There was always a big rivalry between our moms, based on how well we did at things. She was valedictorian of her class, straight A's, etc. She studied all the time and took a special SAT class. I was a really good student (top 10%), but I was involved in lots of extra-curricular activities (stage, music, etc.). I simply showed up the day of the test. My mom was beside herself with glee when my SAT score blew hers out of the water. BTW, today I'm a college graduate and a successful business owner (hee, hee), with a wonderful family. My cousin never finished college and never moved out. Pretty sure I won that one, too. ;)

Just goes to show you that some people are just cut out for success.

I always thought that DH was darling husband:)

Darling, dear, darn, damn, doofus.... whatever fits him that day. :D

Ha! Ha! Ha!

chefann said:
I almost did, and then decided not to push it.

And it's not hard. I took it in 8th grade and scored 1100 on it! When I took it in HS, I got 1410 (90 less than I wanted).
I thought it was called SAT because it's the abbreviation of the day it's administered.

I never found out what I scored on it. I don't really want to know.

SAT...Could it be Smart Aleck Test?

Stampaholic1961 said:
SAT...Could it be Smart Aleck Test?

I am LOVING the slinky comment under your name....brilliant:balloon:

Denarella said:
I am LOVING the slinky comment under your name....brilliant:balloon:

Thanks. It's one of my favorites. I don't remember where I found it tho!

Related to What Do Some Abbreviations Mean?

What Do Some Abbreviations Mean?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often get asked about the various abbreviations used in our product names. Here are the top five frequently asked questions about what these abbreviations mean:

1. What does "PC" stand for?

"PC" is short for Pampered Chef, the name of our company. You'll see this abbreviation on many of our products, such as the PC Ultimate Slice & Grate and the PC Mini Whipper.

2. What does "OTG" mean?

"OTG" stands for "oven-to-table," indicating that the product is safe to use in the oven and can also be used as a serving dish. This is often seen on our stoneware products, such as the Rectangular Baker OTG and the Round Stone OTG.

3. What does "NSF" mean?

"NSF" stands for "National Sanitation Foundation," which is an independent organization that sets standards for food safety and sanitation. Products with this abbreviation have been tested and certified to meet these standards, making them safe for use in commercial kitchens as well as at home. Some examples include the NSF Commercial Bakeware Set and the NSF Professional Baking Sheet.

4. What does "BPA-free" mean?

"BPA" stands for bisphenol A, which is a chemical used in some plastics that has been linked to health concerns. "BPA-free" means that the product is made without this chemical, making it a safer option for food storage and preparation. You'll find this abbreviation on products such as the BPA-free Mixing Bowls and the BPA-free Storage Bowls.

5. What does "DSS" mean?

"DSS" stands for "double-sided silicone," which is a material used in some of our kitchen tools. This type of silicone is heat-resistant and non-slip, making it great for handling hot dishes and keeping them in place. You'll see this abbreviation on products like the DSS Mini Spatula Set and the DSS Oven Mitt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pctharper
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies