• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Do About the Melted Ice Bucket?

In summary, the host ordered an ice bucket that was not dishwasher safe and it melted. The order just came in and the guest does not know what to do.
KCPChef
Hello! I just had a wonderful show and my host ordered the ice bucket! She put it in the dishwasher to wash it without seeing that it was NOT dishwasher safe! It melted! And PC will not replace the item. I understand but still- she has only had it for 2 days! The order JUST came in! What do I do? I have never been in this position before. Do I need to pay to replace it? Do I tell her to replace it? I don't know what to do! AHHHHHHH! :(

It is not your responsibility that she didn't check if it was dishwasher safe before using it.

Sad for her.

I certainly would not pay to replace it. The most I would offer would be for her to replace it at your discount - so if you get 20% off, you can get it to her for 20% off. It stinks, I know, but it's not your fault or responsibility to replace it for her for free. Especially that costly of an item. She voided the warranty. But you can do your best to give her the best Customer Service- and the discount would be the best you can do. She is responsible for reading the Use & Care guide- just like ANY PRODUCT. She wouldn't buy a new shirt or dress or something and just throw it in the washer without checking first to see if it's Dry Clean Only or Hot/Cold, right? That's why those white booklets are in every product package.Others may have other ideas, but that's what I would do. (As nice and sugar-sweet as possible, of course. :D) It's your business, and you likely can't afford to just replace it for her.....and if you did, she'd expect it every time! Good luck

I agree - she didn't read the Use and Care and that's certainly not your fault!! I make it a point to tell all my guests to read the Use and Care of every item they purchase!I would offer to get it for her at your discount. Or see if there was anyone who wanted to place an order for her show but didn't - maybe she can pull together a quick catalog show and use some FPV and the discount towards the purchase of a new one?

Wouldn't it be nice if all of our items indicated on them if they were dishwasher safe or not--perhaps even just some symbol on the bottom.

Maybe I am different from others, I agree it's not your fault, but if she's a good customer and will be booking future parties, and you got bookings off of her I would replace it for her. Just make sure she knows YOU personally paid to replace the item. That is the kind of thing she would tell all of her friends, and may get you a lot more parties! I think in some cases a little cash out of our pocket brings a lot more sales in the future.

How dirty was her ice that she had to put an ICE BUCKET in the dishwasher, LOL? Sorry, but I think that's actually a little funny.

Nanisu said:
How dirty was her ice that she had to put an ICE BUCKET in the dishwasher, LOL? Sorry, but I think that's actually a little funny.

I thought the same thing Nancy!

Nanisu said:

She was probably just washing before using.

Be careful what you do as far as customer service is concerned. If you start giving away the store everyoen will expect that. It is not your fault. You are not responsible. No matter how good a host/customer.

JennLizFran said:
Maybe I am different from others, I agree it's not your fault, but if she's a good customer and will be booking future parties, and you got bookings off of her I would replace it for her. Just make sure she knows YOU personally paid to replace the item. That is the kind of thing she would tell all of her friends, and may get you a lot more parties! I think in some cases a little cash out of our pocket brings a lot more sales in the future.

Or she may tell all her friends that, and then all her friends have parties and expect to have their warranty-voided items paid for, too! I get what you're saying, but it's a slippery slope.

The best thing is to offer to get it as a personal order for her, offering your discount.

leftymac said:
Or she may tell all her friends that, and then all her friends have parties and expect to have their warranty-voided items paid for, too! I get what you're saying, but it's a slippery slope.

The best thing is to offer to get it as a personal order for her, offering your discount.

and she will tell her friends about that too....if she is honorable and admits that SHE made the mistake.

And as far as a symbol showing dishwasher safe- it'd be better to just say "Dishwasher safe" like many other similar products do. I'm not so great with 'symbols'...but I can read ;)

It wasn't that it was dirty. She was just washing it from coming out of the box. But I do have to say that I was even surprised that the ice bucket is now DW safe, however the Shaker is! And it melted too! So I could see that its the same type of material so I can see why she thought that it would be fine!!!

I'd offer her the 20% discount as stated before. She has a 10% off hostess discount already. Add it to another show you have going on and make her the co-host. You might even be able to get her a great discount on it without being out $$ from your own pocket. Plus it's great customer service.

If you don't have a show to put it on with...order it and eat the extra 10%. You'd still be getting commission back on it even at the 20% off.

Nanisu said:

Too funny. I thought the same thing. Some things take literally just a minute to wash and not waste space in the dw.

flemings99 said:
I'd offer her the 20% discount as stated before. She has a 10% off hostess discount already. Add it to another show you have going on and make her the co-host. You might even be able to get her a great discount on it without being out $$ from your own pocket. Plus it's great customer service.

If you don't have a show to put it on with...order it and eat the extra 10%. You'd still be getting commission back on it even at the 20% off.

Or you could place the order on a show with her 10% and then give her an additional 20% off (your commission will be at least that).

lockhartkitchen said:
Too funny. I thought the same thing. Some things take literally just a minute to wash and not waste space in the dw.

Exactly my thought. I never put large items in the dw. Also, I would never think that insulated items would be dw safe at all. That would be a surprise to me if I saw it said it was - I'll have to look up my use & care for the shaker...

I know you feel bad for her. Offering a discount if she wants to replace the item is a great customer service to offer. However, I'm with the others cautioning against replacing it for her. You would really be setting a dangerous precedent with her and with all of her friends.

I would say it is def. a great booking tool. If she had someone who is on the fence about booking, get her to encourage them to have a show and then give her the discount on their show. I would not be against helping a great host, but make it work for you.

lockhartkitchen said:

Exactly. I usually hand wash my big SS mixing bowls because they just take up too much room!

1. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Our return policy allows for returns or exchanges within 30 days of purchase, as long as the product is in its original condition and packaging. However, some exclusions may apply, such as personalized or clearance items. Please refer to our website or contact customer service for more details.

2. Can I return a product if I changed my mind or no longer want it?

Yes, as long as the product is in its original condition and packaging, we accept returns for any reason within 30 days of purchase. However, please note that the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.

3. What should I do if my product arrived damaged or defective?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact our customer service team immediately to report the issue and we will be happy to assist you with a return or exchange.

4. How do I initiate a return for a Pampered Chef product?

To initiate a return, please contact our customer service team via phone or email. They will provide you with further instructions and assist you with the return process.

5. Can I return a product I purchased from a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can return a product purchased from a Pampered Chef consultant by contacting our customer service team. However, please note that the return must be processed through the consultant and not directly through Pampered Chef. The consultant will then assist you with the return process according to our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • pamperedchef88
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • beckypchef