• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bamboo Serving Set: Discover Dishwasher Safe Options & Care Tips

:)Mmmmm...not all bamboo is grown in water. It is more because bamboo is a grass, not wood. Cellular structure is different. Wood will soak up water and then dry out, causing splitting. Bamboo does not.That makes sense! I heard someone say this weekend that bamboo is better than wood because it is grown in water, so water will never cause it to splinter or split like wood. So I would have never thought to check each piece to make sure it DW safe. Bamboo would be ok, but the glue wouldn't hold up. That sounds logical.
Carissidy
I was doing a little research on the new items and I noticed that all the bamboo items are dishwasher safe. Does anyone know why the ladle is not?:confused: I also was wondering if anyone noticed that some of the other pieces were also not dishwasher safe... Just wondering if anyone had some information to share:eek:

I'm just guessing here, but it looks like the ladle is glued together, where the handle meets the bowl. The high heat from a dishwasher might melt the glue.

The others all seem to be one piece of bamboo - no glue.

kspry said:
I'm just guessing here, but it looks like the ladle is glued together, where the handle meets the bowl. The high heat from a dishwasher might melt the glue.

The others all seem to be one piece of bamboo - no glue.

That makes sense! I heard someone say this weekend that bamboo is better than wood because it is grown in water, so water will never cause it to splinter or split like wood. So I would have never thought to check each piece to make sure it DW safe. Bamboo would be ok, but the glue wouldn't hold up. That sounds logical.
Thanks.

Bamboo LadleYes, it is because of the glue. This was discussed while at conference.
Rita

pamperedposey said:
That makes sense! I heard someone say this weekend that bamboo is better than wood because it is grown in water, so water will never cause it to splinter or split like wood. So I would have never thought to check each piece to make sure it DW safe. Bamboo would be ok, but the glue wouldn't hold up. That sounds logical.
Thanks.

Mmmmm...not all bamboo is grown in water. It is more because bamboo is a grass, not wood. Cellular structure is different. Wood will soak up water and then dry out, causing splitting. Bamboo does not.

Robin

the bamboo tongs (both sizes) aren't dishwasher safe because of the little metal piece at the joint. (think i read that in product use and care)

Wow... thanks for the answers to rest me inquiring mind! :)
Good to know for when I may be confronted with this question!

Related to Bamboo Serving Set: Discover Dishwasher Safe Options & Care Tips

What is the Bamboo Serving Set made of?

The Bamboo Serving Set is made of 100% natural bamboo, a renewable and sustainable material.

Is the Bamboo Serving Set dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Bamboo Serving Set is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the set.

How should I care for my Bamboo Serving Set?

To care for your Bamboo Serving Set, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water and drying thoroughly. Avoid soaking the set in water or putting it in the dishwasher to prevent warping or cracking.

Can the Bamboo Serving Set be used for hot foods?

Yes, the Bamboo Serving Set is suitable for serving both hot and cold foods. However, it is not recommended for use in the microwave or oven.

Are there any alternative options for the Bamboo Serving Set?

Yes, we also offer a Bamboo Serving Set with a protective food-safe coating for added durability and a longer lifespan. This coating also makes the set safe for use with acidic foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mom2KL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • whitneythompson
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
whitneythompson
  • wadesgirl