• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Square Pan Not Dishwasher Safe: A Mystery

In summary, during product training, it was discovered that the stainless square pan is not dishwasher safe. This is due to its thinner walls which may lead to discoloration during dishwashing. It is recommended to hand wash the pan to maintain its luster and prevent rust. Some users have experienced pitting or coating coming off after using the pan in the oven, and it is advised to contact The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens for assistance. The use and care card for the pan does state that it is not recommended for dishwashing.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Did anyone else notice in the product video that the stainless square pan is not dishwasher safe? I wonder why when all the others were. I remembered this fact when I was doing new product training at the cluster meeting this morning.

Interesting...mine has been in the dishwasher 3-4 times already!:eek:

Still seems to be working fine - I wonder why it's not dishwasher safe?

Guess I'll email HO.

BTW, it's not stainless. It's aluminized steel, like the sheet pans.

I have washed both in the dishwasher with no problem. Guess I won't do it anymore...

I noticed this tonight too. My 4 year old wanted to watch Pamepered Chef!! So we watched the new video and I caught that and was wondering why myself. Let us know what HO says.

The PIG states the pan will naturally darken w/use and washing. To keep luster hand wash. It also says to not soak it and to dry immediately to prevent rust. If it does rust use PC stainless cleaner.

So it really doesn't say don't use in dishwasher, but to hand wash to keep luster. Maybe they are afraid water will stay on the pan and cause rust.

Just from experience with other mfr sheet pans (the ones I used before PC came out with them). If I put in the dishwasher after having oil on it or natural greases from meat, it would darken and lose the nonstick after a while. I started hand washing after I would go out and buy new ones, and they wouldn't darken they would look brand new still. So I always just hand wash my PC sheet pans for that reason alone.

cincychef said:
I noticed this tonight too. My 4 year old wanted to watch Pamepered Chef!! So we watched the new video and I caught that and was wondering why myself. Let us know what HO says.

I'll send the test kitchens something tonight. It was on the DVD that I noticed it.

My 3 year old neice saw a catalog I gave her mom and says "Ooh, is that Pampered Chef?". It crazy how they pick things up because we never talk to her about it!

I know my 2 year old LOVES Pampered Chef. He steals my mini catalogs and uses his play kitchen for his work area. He sits there with the play phone and a catalog and says he is "workin". Evertime we get a new catalog he sits down with a pen and a catalog and says mommy has that, mommy has that...... it can go on the whole day!

Okay, here's what I found outThank you for contacting The Pampered Chef with your product question.
During testing, we found that the Square Baker has thinner walls around
the sides, due to the type of pan. This may lead to discoloration during
dishwashing. So, this is why the Sheet Pans can be dishwashed and the
Square Baker should not. Hope this helps!If you have any further questions, please let us know.Thank you,
Meghan
The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens

Thank you for sharing that info!

They should update the PIG to state not to put it in the dishwasher.

The use and care card for this item does state that it's not DW safe. Or at least not DW recommended.

I have used my square pan once and it is either pitted or the coating is coming off in the corners, it black underneath the silver. How wierd is that? I have not put it in the dishwasher either. I made brownies in it. Guess I will have to call HO.
Deb

I really don't care about some discoloration. I'll probably still put it in the dishwasher.

I use the first set of sheet pans, and I never even thought anything about the discoloration. They're baking sheets, not serving pieces - so as long as they work fine, and it's not something that's going to affect the health of my family, I figure why stress out over some discoloration?;)

zmom58 said:
I have used my square pan once and it is either pitted or the coating is coming off in the corners, it black underneath the silver. How wierd is that? I have not put it in the dishwasher either. I made brownies in it. Guess I will have to call HO.
Deb

Oh no! I hope this is not a common problem with this item. I haven't used mine yet. Guess I'll get busy baking! ;)

zmom58 said:
Deb

Mine did this too... I used it for a small lasagne, I was wondering if it was because of the tomato sauce... Need to go check the PIG/U&C... I would have hope that it would stand up to pasta sauce though!

The pan is aluminized steel, which is steel with a coating of aluminum on the outside. Aluminum is NOT non-reactive. It acts weird when it gets in contact with acid, like in tomato sauce. It was probably the tomato sauce that made yours weird, Annabel. Why the brownies would make it weird is a mystery.

Related to Stainless Square Pan Not Dishwasher Safe: A Mystery

What is the best way to clean the Stainless Square Pan?

The Stainless Square Pan should be hand washed with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers which can damage the non-stick surface.

Why is the Stainless Square Pan not dishwasher safe?

The Stainless Square Pan is not dishwasher safe because the high heat and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage the non-stick coating and decrease its lifespan.

Can I use metal utensils with the Stainless Square Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the Stainless Square Pan as they can scratch the non-stick surface. It is best to use silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils.

What is the maximum temperature that the Stainless Square Pan can withstand?

The Stainless Square Pan is oven safe up to 450°F. Exposing it to higher temperatures can cause warping and damage to the non-stick coating.

How do I store the Stainless Square Pan?

The Stainless Square Pan can be stacked with other pans or stored flat in a cabinet or drawer. To protect the non-stick coating, avoid storing heavy items on top of it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • jrstephens