• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Did You Make for Easter Dinner?

In summary, the conversation included discussions of recipes and meal ideas for Easter, with some individuals opting for more elaborate meals and others choosing to keep it simple. Some specific dishes mentioned were Lemon Truffle Pie, Asparagus RecipeDetail, and Creamy One Pot Pasta.
JAE
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=656162 This was a little hard to keep together, but the taste and texture ended up being very good. I think I'll try it with strawberry sorbet next time.

And:

Lemon Truffle Pie http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=11985 I used a lot of Pampered Chef tools for this one. I also stood by the stove, stirring, for a really long time. It was worth it. Oh, and for the crust, I used organic graham crackers (1 1/2 cups, crushed) 1/3 cup melted butter, and some sugar. (I don't like regular crust.) Then I brushed it with egg yolk. Because I read on Allrecipes.com that the crust stuck to the pan, I brushed a very small amount of butter (very small amount) all over the deep dish pie plate. I've never had a pie turn out so good. Save the egg whites from this recipe and use them for the meringue in the sorbet recipe.

And:

Asparagus RecipeDetail without the dressing or the cheese. I just used olive oil. I've made this recipe numerous times. Love it!

What did you prepare? Please, share.

Brunch, only meal we were all together today--due to rotating work schedules. Special diets for medical reasons too.Juice, tea
Omelet or scrambled eggs to order...with or w/out cheese and chopped veggies.
Fresh salsa.
Rice
Apple cake (cake mix and pie filling recipe-baked last night).Very tasty!

I'm being TOTALLY lazy this year! We had breakfast at the church I was playing at...fresh fruit, pancakes, egg dish, ham, donuts... The kids ate but I just had water since breakfast being blown into a French Horn in just gross and nasty to clean up!Lunch was at McD's on the way home...kids were getting REALLY hungry again after 2 services and it was the only place open on the way home.Snack has been juice and oyster snack crackers...Dinner...might just be pizza and garlic bread...nice and lazy......aren't I pathetic today? Hey, it's Easter! I'm relaxing and enjoying the day God created!I'm making up for it tomorrow though...I have a porterhouse steak thawing out right now to grill...thinking of making twice baked potatoes with all the toppings to go with it...

janetupnorth said:
I'm being TOTALLY lazy this year! We had breakfast at the church I was playing at...fresh fruit, pancakes, egg dish, ham, donuts... The kids ate but I just had water since breakfast being blown into a French Horn in just gross and nasty to clean up!Lunch was at McD's on the way home...kids were getting REALLY hungry again after 2 services and it was the only place open on the way home.Snack has been juice and oyster snack crackers...Dinner...might just be pizza and garlic bread...nice and lazy......aren't I pathetic today? Hey, it's Easter! I'm relaxing and enjoying the day God created!I'm making up for it tomorrow though...I have a porterhouse steak thawing out right now to grill...thinking of making twice baked potatoes with all the toppings to go with it...
We had a family function to attend, so I couldn't be lazy. Being lazy now, though. Leftovers for dinner.

I had planned for the Casbah Chicken, but we got full from our appetizers and just added dessert to it. We had some frozen curry chicken sticks and potstickers from Trader Joe's, Shimp and ****tail sauce, guacamole and chips, and I made the Greek Torta. The Pina Colada Upside Cake was for dessert. The kids had the Mouse in the Hole Cupcakes from the Let's Eat! Kids cookbook. Now we are full! Happy Easter!
Jessica

We did dinner yesterday b/c DH's family was here, we had ham and I made Creamy One Pot Pasta (HUGE hit everytime I have made it), salad in the collapsible bowl, an Easter Egg cake using the Classic Batter Bowl and decorator bottles, and Oreo Balls (found these by looking at another thread with link to another site)-- these were sooooo easy and went over very, very well.....MIL says it could be the best thing she has ever eaten!! I used the coating tray and tools and sheet pan for these. I served some candies in the HWC pink trio bowl and it looked great!! :D :D :D

Ok, I really have to try that Creamy One Pot Pasta again...first time I made it DS and I didn't like it...Did you use Cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese?

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I really have to try that Creamy One Pot Pasta again...first time I made it DS and I didn't like it...

Did you use Cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese?

Use cream cheese and use the whole thing. It tastes much better than the what the recipe asks for.

daniellemorgan said:
Use cream cheese and use the whole thing. It tastes much better than the what the recipe asks for.

Good, I will try that next time. I think it was the Neufchatel I hated!

I have done it with both and thought it was good either way, but definately use the whole thing, it doesn't get creamy enough with just half, and I have also found that if you add a little more chicken broth it doesn't dry out as bad and becomes creamier.

O.k., what's up with the time on the posts??? The last couple just went back an hour???? Does anyone else see this?

chefshawna said:
O.k., what's up with the time on the posts??? The last couple just went back an hour???? Does anyone else see this?

Nope, it's all you! :p

You are on the east coast...did you change any of your user settings telling which time zone to use?

janetupnorth said:
Nope, it's all you! :p

You are on the east coast...did you change any of your user settings telling which time zone to use?

No, when I post it comes up fine and then when I go back into the thread it is an hour behind, but not on all the posts, just some of them!!! Yours and mine mainly!!! Don't know what the problem is???

We are having Chinese take out :) I'm lazy plus I didn't buy food for the week cause we leave for England on Monday.

If it has been that way for a week or so and you just noticed, it would be due to the time change and where the posts reside in the forum software.Certain packages (like or IM software at work) was programmed for the "normal" time changes and with the odd changes last year, it has issues for weeks until the "normal" time passes for the time change.It probably doesn't affect me because I am in CT which is where the servers for this forum are.You are ET so see some issues....just my guess...

rennea said:
We are having Chinese take out :) I'm lazy plus I didn't buy food for the week cause we leave for England on Monday.

Oh............

Love chinese.....

DH doesn't!!!!

I only get it when I order it for lunch at work...which is at least once a month! :D It is my special "treat" to myself!

That is strange. It's 7:30 here and it says Janet posted at 6:28, which I know was just a couple minutes ago.

Too add to my above post...your times you post would look o.k., but the others in the "conversation" so to speak would be off an hour.

I bought the food for lunch, but my SIL came over early and cooked it all while we were still at church :)And left to her own devices... she went straight for my PC stock! We had a quarter spiral ham - just the right size for her to cook in my brand new DCB, and glaze with the silicone basting brush.We also had asparagus, green beans, rolls, sweet potato soufflé and a Hershey pie (ok, she bought that). Yum!For dinner we're just going to pick at the leftover ham and nosh on the mini Greek Cheese Torta I made yesterday. Double yum!And the hours are an hour back for me, too, and definitely weren't earlier! Off to check my settings... but maybe the computers didn't get the presidential decree that DST was extended (condensed?) and this was when it was originally supposed to change?

KateD said:
I bought the food for lunch, but my SIL came over early and cooked it all while we were still at church :)

And left to her own devices... she went straight for my PC stock!

We had a quarter spiral ham - just the right size for her to cook in my brand new DCB, and glaze with the silicone basting brush.

We also had asparagus, green beans, rolls, sweet potato soufflé and a Hershey pie (ok, she bought that). Yum!

For dinner we're just going to pick at the leftover ham and nosh on the mini Greek Cheese Torta I made yesterday. Double yum!

And the hours are an hour back for me, too, and definitely weren't earlier! Off to check my settings... but maybe the computers didn't get the presidential decree that DST was extended (condensed?) and this was when it was originally supposed to change?

I don't think it is your computer Kate...

...and on the ham...when I have leftover ham I can't HELP but make a broccoli ham ring...one of my all-time PC favorites!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Oh............

Love chinese.....

DH doesn't!!!!

I only get it when I order it for lunch at work...which is at least once a month! :D It is my special "treat" to myself!

Noooooo!

Janet - that is exactly my scenario - I only get it when I treat myself to it - DH doesn't like Chinese - and I LOVE it! MooShu Pork or chicken is my very favorite!

I made a spiral ham, pan fried asparagus, lemon-dill brussel sprouts, au gratin potatoes, deviled eggs, challah bread with honey-cinnamon butter, a bunny cake, and apple pie.

ChefBeckyD said:
Noooooo!

Janet - that is exactly my scenario - I only get it when I treat myself to it - DH doesn't like Chinese - and I LOVE it! MooShu Pork or chicken is my very favorite!

Becky - I cannot wait until July - we are going to drive everyone nuts! We seem to live parallel lives in different states...some differences of course but many, many similarities!!!! Of course I don't think you want to grow up to be an engineer... ;)

Oh my goodness Becky and Janet, I don't know what I would do without my Chinese food fix. I order or make it at least once a week :)

We had a family get together so all I had to make was Mushroom Supreme Casserole and Cashew Salad.

paroese said:
I made a spiral ham, pan fried asparagus, lemon-dill brussel sprouts, au gratin potatoes, deviled eggs, challah bread with honey-cinnamon butter, a bunny cake, and apple pie.

Show off!!!!! Just kidding sounds yummy:chef:

Lol. I was cooking for my MIL for the first time so I had to show off a little bit. She was very impressed and now wants to host a party to get some cookware so it definitely worked.

Good job Patti!!!

paroese said:
Wow, that's a lot of food to make! You made challah bread? I have considered buying it, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I heard Walmart has it. I was in a bakery/restaurant on Friday and saw they have it. I'll probably buy it there, next time, for the caramel apple bread pudding.

I can't believe its evening, I just woke up from a nap!! I never sleep during the day.
Our kids had their boyfriend or girlfriend over and the boyfriends dad came too.we had shrimp, bacon onion tarts, and asparagus phyllo wraps
prime rib, ham, yeast rolls, potatoes & gravy, creamed corn, salad, fresh fruit, sauteed mushrooms, homemade lemon cake with raspberry coulis and coconut cake
This morning I went to the garage fridge to get the blue cheese so I could make the salad dressing , the cat ran out and I went to scoop him up lost my balance cracked my head on my husbands car and hit my whole left side on the concrete. Think tomorrow I may not be able to get out of bed. My husband said he heard me shreik, and came out as I was getting up. with cat clutched in my hand.

We went to my parents. We had

Hen and Dressing
New Potatoes with parsley
Cranberry Sauce
Turnips
Rolls

Mom did not fix dessert since I am not suppose to be eating sugar. She did not want everyone else eating in front of me! She's so sweet!

Teresa Lynn, OUCH! Sorry that happened to you. Maybe, you shouldn't even try to get out of bed tomorrow. Hope you're okay.

Teresa Lynn said:
I can't believe its evening, I just woke up from a nap!! I never sleep during the day.
Our kids had their boyfriend or girlfriend over and the boyfriends dad came too.

we had shrimp, bacon onion tarts, and asparagus phyllo wraps
prime rib, ham, yeast rolls, potatoes & gravy, creamed corn, salad, fresh fruit, sauteed mushrooms, homemade lemon cake with raspberry coulis and coconut cake
This morning I went to the garage fridge to get the blue cheese so I could make the salad dressing , the cat ran out and I went to scoop him up lost my balance cracked my head on my husbands car and hit my whole left side on the concrete. Think tomorrow I may not be able to get out of bed. My husband said he heard me shreik, and came out as I was getting up. with cat clutched in my hand.

Oh my!!! I did you hit your head hard?? It might be why you slept, you shouldn't sleep after any head truama. Please take it easy.

We have had such a busy weekend - all of the foods we ate were ones I was able to make ahead.For breakfast - Homemade Cinnamon Rolls that were in the refrigerator over night - got up at 4:30 :)eek:) to pull them out, so they could finish rising and go in the oven.Lunch - Breakfast Casserole & Fruit Salad w/ Apricot Nectar dressing.Snack - Eclair Dessert :chef: yummy!Supper - Pickled Eggs & leftover fruit salad

HMMMM, never thought of that . I was very sleepy in church and DH kept elbowing me. I just thought it was from baking & get everything else ready all day yesterday.

Went to brunch after church with kids and grand kid.

Very disappointing. First, let me say, that generally, I hate buffets. To many choices, to much room for pigging out, and coming from a food service history, I always question quality and safety. That being said, this was a very nice restaurant who obviously should not do brunch. Nothing was warm enough, ceasar salad was way over dressed and the other salads swimming in dressing, the only reason the eggs benedict was ok was that I was there when they brought out a fresh hotel pan from the kitchen, pasta dishes lukewarm and gummy, and don't even start me on desserts. How can you do Easter without lemon something and some fruit????

This was not a cheap brunch ($22.95/person) and should have been done better. Gratuity of 18% was included and all she brought us were the overpriced drinks and coffee, and not too quickly for that.

Had it just been John and me, I would have spoken to mgr. I am writing a note later tonight.

Besides that, it was great spending time with family. Came home, took a nap and I think popcorn is on the menu for dinner!

Everyone.. Happy Easter.

Teresa Lynn said:
HMMMM, never thought of that . I was very sleepy in church and DH kept elbowing me. I just thought it was from baking & get everything else ready all day yesterday.
I thought that's why you slept so much, today. I think it's okay to sleep. A nurse I know (mil of ds) said it's fine to sleep. You may be extra crabby and tired, so give your family a warning.

Jae I'm just worried that Teresa has a concussion and she will need to be watched. If a concussion is bad enough then the person shouldn't fall asleep. If there is no blood in the ears or nose bleeds then it should be ok to snooze.

guess the 3 nurses in Sunday school would have noticed my eyes today if
I'd hyad a concussion since we only had a social hour,
I think I'm just overly tired
1 is a trauma nurse for care flite and she's always "diagnosing" us twice she's told new moms to be they were pregnant before they even "suspected" she is like my grandmother she could always see it in their eyes.....

PC hot pizza dip for lunch while dinner cooked.

Dinner: Honey and pineapple ham, mashed potatoes made with sour cream, butter, milk and pepper, green beans and rolls.

*I* didn't make a thing ;) - I had cereal for breakfast at my sister's in Richmond, then a Wendy's chicken sandwich for lunch, then a yummy ham at my MIL and FILs for dinner :). It was great! Happy Easter, everyone!!

My sister hosted, but we all brought something. The menu ended up being:Spiral honey glazed ham
Lasagna
Roasted Potatoes
Green beans amandine
Polish Sausage & Sauerkraut
Cornbread with corn casseroleNot counting the appetizers & desserts. LOL Still stuffed!

cathyskitchen said:
*I* didn't make a thing ;) - I had cereal for breakfast at my sister's in Richmond, then a Wendy's chicken sandwich for lunch, then a yummy ham at my MIL and FILs for dinner :). It was great! Happy Easter, everyone!!
Cathy - Richmond, Virginia? If so, you were right up the road from me :)[/ot]

We were on the road yesterday after a Lads to Leaders Convention.

No breakfast...shame on us.
Taco Bell lunch
Dominos dinner

My sister hosted, we had Smoked Ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, asparagus, carrots. Dessert was on me, I made brownies, fruit salad and the strawberry creme trifle from the s/s sb! (thanks to all who recommended it!) I had a very "Martha" moment!!

I made Ham, raisin gravy, mashed potatoes with sour cream, Hawaiin Salad, carrots and rolls. I was going to try the Pina Colada Upside down cake, but did not find the coconut milk. Then I thought about just using the pineapple cake mix, and then thought, it would only be my mother and I eating the cake, and got lazy and had no dessert!

Related to What Did You Make for Easter Dinner?

1. What did you make for Easter dinner?

I made a delicious lemon truffle pie for Easter dinner. It was a little difficult to keep together, but the taste and texture turned out great. I also plan on trying it with strawberry sorbet next time for a fun twist.

2. Can you share the recipe for the Lemon Truffle Pie?

Of course! I used Pillsbury's recipe for Lemon Truffle Pie, but I incorporated some Pampered Chef tools to make it even easier. I also used organic graham crackers for the crust and brushed it with egg yolk for a golden finish. It turned out amazing and was definitely worth the time and effort.

3. What is your favorite part about the Lemon Truffle Pie?

My favorite part about the Lemon Truffle Pie is the creamy and tangy filling. It takes some time to make, but the end result is so delicious that it's worth every minute spent stirring by the stove.

4. Did you make any other dishes for Easter dinner?

Yes, I also made a simple asparagus dish using just olive oil as a dressing. I've made this recipe many times and it always turns out delicious and perfectly cooked thanks to my Pampered Chef tools.

5. Can you share the recipe for the asparagus dish?

Absolutely! I used a recipe from MyRecipes.com for roasted asparagus, but I skipped the dressing and cheese and just used olive oil. It's a simple and healthy side dish that pairs well with any meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • narfing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies