• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions Needed! Maple Pecan Pie Bars

In summary, the Maple Pecan Pie Bars require all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and chopped pecans. Other types of nuts can be substituted for the pecans. The bars should be baked for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. They can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 3 days or frozen for longer storage. A store-bought pie crust can also be used, but it should be pre-baked for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
cajunchelle
Gold Member
Has anyone tried this recipe?

It came out on a Use and Care Card, not sure what product though. I found it on Consultants Corner and was thinking about trying it for a show this weekend.

Maple Pecan Pie Bars
Ingredients:
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 eggs, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
2/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Square Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in Classic Batter Bowl using Bamboo Spoon. Separate one egg using Egg Separator; reserve yolk. Beat egg white into butter mixture. Add flour, stirring until well blended and dough forms. Press dough onto bottom of Square Baker using lightly floured Baker's Roller(TM). Bake 15 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk together syrup, reserved egg yolk and remaining egg, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and salt using Stainless Steel Whisk. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust; continue baking 13-15 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.

Yield: 25 bars

Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 6 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber 0 g

(C)The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2002

. Used with permission.

I haven't personally tried this recipe, but it sounds delicious! I love anything with maple and pecans. I would definitely give it a try for your show this weekend. Let us know how it turns out!

Hi there! I have tried this recipe before and it is absolutely delicious! The maple flavor adds a unique twist to the traditional pecan pie bar. I highly recommend giving it a try for your show this weekend. Your guests will love it! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy baking!

1. What are the ingredients for the Maple Pecan Pie Bars?

The ingredients for the Maple Pecan Pie Bars are all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and chopped pecans.

2. Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?

Yes, you can substitute the chopped pecans with walnuts, almonds, or any other type of nut that you prefer.

3. How long do I need to bake the Maple Pecan Pie Bars?

The Maple Pecan Pie Bars should be baked for about 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The bars are done when the edges are golden brown and the center is set.

4. Can I make the Maple Pecan Pie Bars ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the bars ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the bars for longer storage, just make sure to thaw them before serving.

5. Can I use a store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a store-bought pie crust for convenience. Just make sure to roll it out to fit the size of your pan and pre-bake it for 10 minutes before adding the filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cajunchelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • cajunchelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • DebPC