• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Did You Do at Your Successful Craft Show

In summary, the expert recommends setting up a booth that is well-designed, has recipe cards and a give-away, and greets customers warmly.
murkey
I am trying to venture outside of my current local suburb as it tends to be a lot of SAHM's trying to watch every penny. Sales are so low its almost not worth my time. So I want to venture to the city area that will have a better "play money" demographic.

So I wondered, what did you do while at the booth? Did you demo? Have food out? Please share!

Neither of those. No demo, and no food, other than wrapped candy.

Have a nice display done - give your display some height and depth.
Have recipe cards to hand out w/ your contact info on them.
Stand at the front of your display, don't sit behind it.
Greet everyone who walks by - engage them in conversation w/ a smile on your face! Ask them if they are familiar w/ the Pampered Chef.

Check out the Booths Fairs and Festivals area of this site, and study some of the pictures of displays, and read some tips from some who have had successful Booths.

What Becky said. If you want to get out there to meet new people, you actually have to MEET them! Shake hands, introduce yourself, ask them questions, and fit PC to their needs.

At a craft expo I did....
Nice setup.
Had Warm Caramel Nutty Brownies and cookies.
Had a booking Tree.

With all this I had 200.00 in sales and booked 4 shows. I felt that it was sucessful just from the 4 bookings. The table only cost me 20.00 for the day so it was well worth it and gained new customers. Off those 4 shows I have booked 2 more shows.

I don't bother with food. This tends to be a way to get people to your booth and I think PC is a popular one. I don't need food to get them to me and it takes up precious room :). I also I don't stand on the attack. Let people feel okay about approaching the booth. If you look ready to pounce, many will keep going. I let people look for a moment and tell them a couple of things and let them be. Then I ask if they want to fill out a door prize slip and whatever else I have time for/they are interested in.I am so SICK of seeing booths (PC included) where a consultant sits in a chair and watches people go by or even is standing with a bored look on their face. Granted, they smile at the person at their booth, but I notice three booths back. I have such fun at my booths that I always look like I'm having fun. I talk about other booths with the customers walk around looking at things near me. It gives them a comfort level since so often I think they see us as the consultant, not just like them with a cool job.Have some cash n carry on hand. Especially discontinued stuff. They love that! People like to shop. I've even had people take MY products home and I just reorder them for me. Good luck!!

I agree with you about not jumping on people, having a smile on your face and letting them come to you. I have done several bridal shows and craft fairs. I find this to be the best way. Cause we all know how we feel with the perfume sprayer at the mall or the booths in the mall when they ask can I ask you a question and you just keep walking, its the same thing.

I always have the mix n chop handy and ask people"Do you know what this is?" And go from there. Even the ones who say they have lots of PC products may not have a MNC. And many do not know what it is. I hand out recipe cards with my info.. Others are correct.. don't sit behind a table..stand up and greet people. The ones that want to will approach you. I always have some sort of give-away. many don't like to or keep it open to the ones they feel are serious.. but I have had great luck with ones who put no in their ballot.. but change their mind once we talk. Good luck!

1. What strategies did you use to attract customers to your booth?

At our successful craft show, we made sure to have eye-catching displays and signage to draw people in. We also offered free samples and demonstrations of our products to pique their interest. Additionally, we utilized social media and word-of-mouth marketing to spread the word about our booth.

2. How did you handle pricing and discounts at the craft show?

We offered special show discounts and promotions to entice customers to buy from us. We also made sure to clearly display our prices and any discounts or package deals we were offering. This helped customers make informed purchasing decisions and encouraged them to buy from us.

3. Did you have any special deals or incentives for customers to return to your booth?

Yes, we offered a loyalty program where customers could earn rewards for future purchases by signing up for our email list or making a certain amount of purchases at the show. We also had a raffle or giveaway for a larger prize, such as a Pampered Chef product or gift basket, to encourage customers to come back to our booth.

4. How did you handle payments at the craft show?

We accepted various forms of payment, including cash, credit/debit cards, and mobile payment options. We also made sure to have a secure and efficient system for processing payments to keep the checkout process quick and smooth for customers.

5. What was your approach to customer service at the craft show?

We made sure to have a friendly and knowledgeable staff at our booth to assist customers and answer any questions they had about our products. We also provided excellent customer service by following up with customers after the show and offering assistance with any issues or concerns they may have had with their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
whatscookin
  • Debala715
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Katiek77