• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Following up on Craft Show Drawing Slips

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to approach potential hosts for a free cooking show that they won at a local craft show. They provide a script for what to say when following up with these individuals, including offering options for scheduling and what to say if they reach an answering machine. The other person responds with approval and thanks.
pampered2007
I have some follow up calls to make to a few people that I met at a local craft show. I have about 4 or 5 people that did mark "maybe" on hosting a show. I also did a drawing for a free cooking show. So, my question is this: Does anyone have some wording suggestions or a script on what to say to these people when I call to hopefully get them to book? Of course, they all won the free cooking show! Just not sure how to start off the conversation.

Thanks!

When I follow-up with people from fairs I typically same something like this "Hi, this is Laurie with PC we met at xyz, did I catch you at a good time?"

If yes "I just wanted to let you know that you won the drawing for the free cooking show and was calling to schedule your party. Would you like to have it this month or next?" I only offer option's if I only have a few dates left that need to be filled for the current month.

If no "When would be a good time to call back and let you know what you won?" This typically will get them to stay on the line and you can go into the verbage above.

If you get an answering machine "Hi, this is Laurie with PC we met at xyz and I was just calling to let you know you won the drawing. Please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx, to find out what you won. Thanks and have a great day!"

pamperedpals said:
When I follow-up with people from fairs I typically same something like this "Hi, this is Laurie with PC we met at xyz, did I catch you at a good time?"

If yes "I just wanted to let you know that you won the drawing for the free cooking show and was calling to schedule your party. Would you like to have it this month or next?" I only offer option's if I only have a few dates left that need to be filled for the current month.

If no "When would be a good time to call back and let you know what you won?" This typically will get them to stay on the line and you can go into the verbage above.

If you get an answering machine "Hi, this is Laurie with PC we met at xyz and I was just calling to let you know you won the drawing. Please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx, to find out what you won. Thanks and have a great day!"

X2 (I would say exactly what she said!)

PERFECT! This is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks soooo much!

Hi there! Congratulations on all the potential hostesses you met at the craft show and for successfully hosting a drawing for a free cooking show! That's fantastic. When it comes to following up with these potential hostesses, it's important to remember that the key is to build a relationship and show genuine interest in their needs and wants. I would suggest starting off the conversation by thanking them for stopping by your booth and expressing your excitement to connect with them about the possibility of hosting a show. You can then ask if they have had a chance to think about hosting and if they have any questions for you. From there, you can offer more details about the free cooking show they won and how it can benefit them. Remember to also mention any current promotions or incentives that may be available for hosting a show. I hope this helps and best of luck with your follow up calls! Let me know if you need any further assistance. Happy cooking!

1. How long after the craft show should I wait before following up on drawing slips?

The recommended timeframe for following up on drawing slips is within one week after the craft show. This allows enough time for the event to end and for you to organize and review all the drawing slips.

2. How should I contact the winner of the drawing?

You can contact the winner of the drawing through the contact information provided on the drawing slip. This can be through email, phone call, or social media message. Make sure to clarify the method of contact on the drawing slip beforehand.

3. What should I include in the follow-up message to the winner?

In your follow-up message to the winner, make sure to congratulate them on winning the drawing and provide details on how they can claim their prize. This can include the date and location for pick-up or delivery, as well as any necessary information for redemption.

4. Can I offer a discount or promotion to those who did not win the drawing?

Yes, offering a discount or promotion to those who did not win the drawing can be a great way to show appreciation for their participation and to potentially generate future sales. Make sure to clearly state the terms and conditions of the discount or promotion.

5. Should I follow up with those who did not fill out a drawing slip?

It is not necessary to follow up with those who did not fill out a drawing slip. However, you can use this as an opportunity to engage with them and potentially collect their information for future events or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kimberlymmj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sing4Him1977
  • Jillb
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AmyDare
  • pamperedchef88