• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Dessert Is on Page 40 of the Fall 2008 Catalog and Where Is the Recipe?

In summary, the dessert pictured on page 40 of the Fall 2008 catalog is called a Spice Cake with Sliced/Poached Pears and is probably a variation of the Island Breeze Rum Cake from the S/S 07 season's best.
shed
What is the dessert pictured on page 40 of the Fall 2008 catollog and where can I find the recipe? Thanks

I don't know what it is called but it sure looks good!

It looks like a spice cake with sliced/poached pears on it. Just my guess.

There's usually a list of the recipes in the catalog in the Downloads area on CC. I haven't looked to see if it's been updated for Fall yet.

I've noticed that in this catalog, all the pictures of recipes say what they are, except that one. Someone else was asking about it recently...

Ooh, I have a customer looking for it too! If someone gets an answer please yell my way since I might not be on much this weekend.

well I went through all the cook books I have:

delightful desserts, more stoneware sensations, cooking for 2, celebrate, 29 minutes, casual, main dishes, all the best, stoneware sensations....

and didnt find it, so that narrows the search.... a little....

anyone have the new holiday book or latin flavor? maybe its in there?

I checked the Festive Holiday Desserts and the Latin Flavor cookbooks, and it's not in those, either. It really looks like a variation of the Island Breeze Rum Cake from the S/S 07 season's best. I tried to see if there was a variation in the Season's Best and on the recipe card, but didn't find one. I bet they release this recipe as a "mid-season" recipe in December. I wish they'd release it now - it looks yummy!

i had thought it might be a modification of the Pear Pecan Crunch cake in cooking for 2 on page 113?????

The cake looks more like the cake in the Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake in All The Best, but with some kind of fruit layered and whipped topping piped around the edge like the Island Breeze Rum Cake. Has anyone emailed HO?

It looks like it is made in our Torte pan to start with, and then perhaps it has a custard layer with the baked apple slices arranged on the top. Kind of like an apple kuchen.
Do we have a place to look for an Index of all of our Cookbooks combined? I have sent
in suggestions asking for that as a booklet the size of our Season's Bests, on more than one occasion but never have heard that one exists. Anyone else wish we had an index for all of our current cookbooks? Then, we could scan for Kuchen,
or Tortes and find something that might fit the picture???

Is it the Rum Cake? If so, you can find the recipe on CC when you search under product use and care - Silicone Crown Cake Pan - The recipe is listed.

Related to What Dessert Is on Page 40 of the Fall 2008 Catalog and Where Is the Recipe?

1. Does anyone know how to properly sharpen knives?

Yes, there are a few different methods for sharpening knives. The most common is using a sharpening stone or honing steel. Our Pampered Chef Knife Sharpener is also a great tool for maintaining a sharp edge on your knives.

2. Does anyone know how to properly season a cast iron skillet?

To season a cast iron skillet, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the skillet with a thin layer of vegetable oil and place it upside down on the middle rack of the oven. Let it bake for an hour, then turn off the oven and let the skillet cool completely before using.

3. Does anyone know how to make homemade salad dressing?

Yes, homemade salad dressing is easy to make and can be customized to your taste preferences. A basic vinaigrette can be made by combining olive oil, vinegar, and your choice of seasonings in a jar and shaking it well. You can also add ingredients like honey, mustard, or fresh herbs for added flavor.

4. Does anyone know how to properly store fruits and vegetables to make them last longer?

Yes, proper storage is key to extending the life of your produce. Most fruits and vegetables should be stored in the refrigerator, with the exception of bananas, tomatoes, and potatoes. Leafy greens should be stored in a dry container or bag with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.

5. Does anyone know how to clean a coffee maker?

To clean a coffee maker, start by running a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar through the machine. Then, run a few cycles of plain water to rinse it out. For stubborn stains or buildup, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub the inside of the machine. Be sure to regularly clean the carafe and filter basket as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Alicia Denman
Replies
Views
kam
  • deliciousdiva
  • General Chat
Replies