• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Recipe for the Puff Pastry Tart in the Catalog?

In summary, Berries 'N Stars from Stoneware Inspirations, Page 72 has a recipe for strawberry, blueberry and pastry-shaped stars. You can cut stars out of the leftover dough and fill the pastry shells with strawberry, blueberry and star-shaped filling.
c00p
Gold Member
Hello again gang - I need your help. I've looked through the recipe files, which by the way, is daunting - but great!!! Anyway, I am trying to figure out what recipe is pictured on page 40 of the Spring/Summer 2008 catalog. The one that has the "dots" stuff on the cover, not the newer one with the grill basket on the cover. It's not the tart one, but the puff pastry looking one with the strawberries, blueberries and then the cut-out stars. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and even has the recipe, that would be like, so totally awesome!!! (sorry, slipped back into the valley girl dayz there!!!!)

Berries and Stars from Stoneware Inspirations, Page 72

You can log into CC and go to the Download Center and find a Recipe Index for the catalog.

Here's the recipe in case you do not have that book.

Berries 'N Stars

1 package (17.25 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 teaspoon sugar
2 lemons
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pint blueberries

Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll one sheet of puff pastry into 10 x 13-inch rectangle. Repeat with second sheet of pastry, rolling onto lightly floured surface.

Using pizza cutter, cut four strips, 13 inches long and 1 inch wide, from second sheet of pastry. Reserve remaining dough for star decorations. Brush edges of pastry on baking stone with water. Lay strips of pastry over edges making an outer rim. Trim off any excess dough. Prick entire bottom of pastry with pastry tool. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. (Center may puff up slightly, but will flatten out as it cools.) Cool completely.

Cut stars from remaining dough using a star cutter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake on baking stone 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, zest lemons to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup juice. In a bowl, whisk together condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Fill cooled pastry shell with filling.

Slice strawberries. Arrange strawberries, blueberries and pastry stars over filling. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Cut into 16 squares and serve.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber 4 g

There's an index of recipes on CC. And it's probably Berries and Stars, anyway.

Thanks!! You are awesome!!!

Related to What is the Recipe for the Puff Pastry Tart in the Catalog?

1. What is a "Recipe for Picture in Catalog"?

A "Recipe for Picture in Catalog" is a step-by-step guide on how to create an attractive and visually appealing dish presentation for the Pampered Chef catalog.

2. Do I need special equipment or ingredients to make the recipe?

No, the "Recipe for Picture in Catalog" uses common kitchen tools and ingredients that are readily available.

3. Will following the recipe guarantee my dish will be featured in the catalog?

While following the recipe can greatly increase the chances of your dish being selected for the catalog, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the catalog team.

4. Can I modify the recipe to fit my own style?

Yes, the "Recipe for Picture in Catalog" is meant to serve as a guide, so feel free to add your own creative touches and make the presentation your own.

5. How can I ensure my dish looks as good as the one in the catalog?

Practice makes perfect! Be sure to follow the recipe and take your time with the presentation. You can also refer to the product images in the catalog for inspiration and tips on plating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies