• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What ingredients do I need for Cobblestone Crunch Muffins and other recipes?

In summary, the conversation is about using refrigerated dinner rolls for Cobblestone Crunch Muffins and the confusion about what dinner rolls are and where to find them. There is also a discussion about using deli ham for Mini-Ham Puffs and the possibility of using canned pie filling instead of canned fruit for a cobbler recipe. The conversation also includes a request for clarification on the size of the Rectangle Baker and the Deep Covered Baker.
kam
Staff member
I feel silly, but I want to try the Cobblestone Crunch Muffins and it calls for:

2 packages (11.3 ounces each) refrigerated dinner rolls

1. Can someone explain what these are? I can't seem to recall seeing "dinner rolls" in the crescent roll/biscuit section at the supermarket. I am assuming that dinner rolls are not biscuits. Is there a national brand that has these? Am I missing one of the tubes that Pillsbury sells??

2. Also, on the Mini-Ham Puffs, when it calls for "processed ham", is this just deli style ham that I need to chop?

3. OK, while I am here...there is a cobbler recipe for the Deep Covered Baker (from a file retrieved from here that lists 2 pages of DCB recipes). It calls for canned fruit (such as peaches). I am not a fan of peaches and the only other canned fruit I could find was peaches. (maybe nectarines too?). Anyway, none of the "canned fruit" at my store appealed to me. Can Pie Filling be used for this recipe instead? Or should it really be straight canned fruit? Also, since I don't own the Deep Covered Baker yet, would the rectangle baker be comparable? Or should I used the Deep DISH Baker?

Thanks,
Kathleen

the only one i can help you out with is #2. i have no idea what processed ham is so i bought deli ham and chopped it up. i only used about 3 slices and everyone that has eaten these (except me) LOVES THEM!

HTH

1. Refrigerated dinner rolls are indeed a "bread in a tube" product. Some smaller grocery stores gon't carry them, so you may have to look around a bit at different stores. In a pinch, you can probably use the refrigerated French bread loaf, and cut it up into pieces.

3. What else is in the filling for the cobbler? If there's something to thicken it (like cornstarch or tapioca), then do not substitute canned pie filling for the fruit. Pears would be good, if you're looking for an alternative to peaches.

Pillsbury now sells dinner rolls just like their crescents. There are 8 rolls in a tube. I use them for the Cinnamon buns instead of cutting the crescent rolls. I shop at Wal-Mart but I'm sure any grocery store should have them.

Processed ham would be in the lunch meat section.

You could possibly use apples or nectarines instead of peaches.

1. Thanks for the info on the Dinner Rolls. My store is supposed to be a nice store - but there are so many things they do not carry! (They do not have the 5-pack Grands for the Garlic Bites, for example) - so I am not surprised about the dinner rolls. I will look at some other stores - or wait until I go the Wegman's (40 min away).

2. I am happy that the ham is normal deli ham - and not something odd that my store, again, does not carry. I cannot wait to try these.

3. Here is the Cobbler recipe:

Easy Peach Cobbler (for the DCB)
1-cup flour ½ cup butter or margarine
1-cup sugar 1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk 29 oz. can sliced peaches with juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place butter in bottom of baker. Place in oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove from oven when melted. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Then add milk. Mix well with whisk to make a batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Heat the fruit and juice. Pour the warm fruit and juice over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 min. The butter will creep through the fruit and make a crust on top. Note: Any desired fruit or berry will work.

I am really curious if this recipe works as stated!

Thanks!

Since the dough climbs through the fruit, I think that pie filling would be too thick and would slow or even stop that phenomenon. But you could try it! Or make the dough and just place it on top of the pie filling from the start.

Try it and report back. :)

I think I will try it as the recipe calls - with Peaches. My husband likes peaches - and it would do me some good not to eat too much!

Is the Rectangle Baker and Deep Covered Baker the same size as far as "bottom area"? I do not have the Deep Covered Baker - and I do not know the dimensions.

Thanks!
Kathleen

kam said:
3. Here is the Cobbler recipe:

Easy Peach Cobbler (for the DCB)
1-cup flour ½ cup butter or margarine
1-cup sugar 1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk 29 oz. can sliced peaches with juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place butter in bottom of baker. Place in oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove from oven when melted. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Then add milk. Mix well with whisk to make a batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Heat the fruit and juice. Pour the warm fruit and juice over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 min. The butter will creep through the fruit and make a crust on top. Note: Any desired fruit or berry will work.

I am really curious if this recipe works as stated!

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing, but you're making me hungry!

kam said:
I think I will try it as the recipe calls - with Peaches. My husband likes peaches - and it would do me some good not to eat too much!

Is the Rectangle Baker and Deep Covered Baker the same size as far as "bottom area"? I do not have the Deep Covered Baker - and I do not know the dimensions.

Thanks!
Kathleen
No they aren't the same size on the bottom. My guess would be that the covered baker bottom is probably the size of the oval baker bottom.

No they aren't the same size on the bottom. My guess would be that the covered baker bottom is probably the size of the oval baker bottom.

Thanks! I will try it in the Oval Baker!

1. What ingredients can I substitute in this recipe?

You can substitute ingredients in a recipe based on personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Some common substitutions are dairy-free milk alternatives for regular milk, gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour, and vegetable oil for butter. Make sure to use the same measurement ratios when substituting ingredients.

2. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs?

Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs in a recipe. Keep in mind that fresh herbs have a stronger flavor, so you may need to use less than the amount of dried herbs called for in the recipe. You can also use a ratio of 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs to 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.

3. How do I know if an ingredient is expired?

Most ingredients have an expiration date printed on the packaging. If you don't see an expiration date, you can check for signs of spoilage such as a foul odor, discoloration, or mold. If the ingredient looks or smells off, it's best to discard it and use a fresh batch.

4. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?

Yes, you can use salted butter instead of unsalted butter in a recipe. Just be aware that salted butter contains added salt, so you may need to adjust the amount of salt called for in the recipe. Generally, you can reduce the amount of salt by 1/4 teaspoon for every 1/2 cup of salted butter used.

5. Can I omit an ingredient from the recipe?

In most cases, you can omit an ingredient from a recipe if you don't have it or if you have a dietary restriction. However, keep in mind that the dish may not taste exactly the same without the ingredient. If the ingredient plays a significant role in the recipe, it's best to find a suitable substitute or choose a different recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • Teresa LM