• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Cookies Have You Tried - Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

In summary, Franz bought cookies from a store, they were small and cracked, and they also possibly were a little thin. Franz also recommends pillsbury cookies. The softer the cookie, the better. Debbie mentioned that she uses the maker a little different than the directions. She thinks the sandwiches come out better with the thinner cookies if you put the cookie, then the ice cream, then the other cookie.
quikcook
I bought a pack of cookies today by "Franz" They were just a little small, and they were all slightly cracked so when we spred the ice cream they cracked more!! Also posibly a little thin.

I saw the "Archway" which has been tried. The only type I found were oatmeal, iced oatmeal, dates and a few fruit flavfors. Are there choc chip, ect? Which flavors taste good?

I am going to try pills frig sugar cookies.

What others have been tried and worked or didn't work?

Thanks for all the wonderful tips and ideas...

Archway Molasses with vanilla ice cream- super yummy!

There's another thread that talks about the ice cream sandwich maker.

I have used brownies and the pull apart ready to bake sugar cookies. I rolled the cookies to be a little larger and cut them with the large side of the ICSM. Worked great!

I bought the bakery cookies at Jewel. They have two different sizes. The large cookies that come 6 to a pack were the perfect size.

I am assuming any bakery would have similar cookies. These were great because they were soft, so they did not crack when you were eating the sandwich.

I baked a brownie mix used the large bar pan to bake them and then used the ice cream sandwich maker to CUT OUT the cookies, they were perfect!
good luck!

The softer the cookie, the better! Makes it a lot easier to eat that way!

Here is a tip sheet I got today from my group. Hope it helps.

Ice Cream Sandwich Tips
TWO WAYS:

1. Make bar cookies in the medium bar pan. Line it with parchment first.
Use one tube of cookie dough per batch. Bake 20-25 minutes. While warm,
use the wide end of the sandwich maker to cut the cookies out. (3
sandwiches per batch with some scraps). By using parchment paper, you can
immediately put another batch in without waiting.

2. Use the LARGE scoop and they'll be perfect! I level each scoop before I
put on the stone. When the cookies come out of the oven, I take the wide
end of the sandwich maker to place over each cookie to be sure it has not
spread more than it should. While the sandwich maker is still on the
cookie, I use the plunger to gently flatten the cookie so it will spread to
the sides. EVERY COOKIE was perfect this way!

PillsburyI use the pre-formed Pillsbury cookies. I get the ones that are a little bit bigger, they come 12 in a pack. They fit perfect in the Sandwich Maker when baked.

Debbie

I also use the Maker a little different than the directions. I think the sandwiches come out better with the thinner cookies if you put the cookie, then the ice cream, then the other cookie. Then I flip the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker over onto a plate and push the plunger down. Everything is firmly together this way. Just my opinion, works better for me.

Debbie

Debbie,
That's exactly what I have done and have had no problem! My kids and I LOVE the maker! It does work very easy that way!

ice cream sandwich makerThe perfect pre-made cookie for the maker is the one make at Wal-Mart in the bakery, they are the exact size and they are soft, even the frosted ones work well. I think they come in a pack of 10 for about $2.40 :)

Archway Cookies and Saran WrapI've had the best luck w/ Archway. Also, I found a trick to keeping the sandwich maker clean when making a lot of ice cream sandwiches. Before I put the first cookie in, I drape a large piece of Saran Wrap over the cylinder (the side where you put the cookie in), and then push my cookie into it, followed by ice cream, and then cookie. Then I wrap it up, plunge it out, pop it into the freezer, move onto the next one. Sooooo much easier, because I was finding that after one or two sandwiches I had to wash the thing. I thought the plunger was designed to kind of keep the cylinder clean, but that's certainly not working in my case. It's a huge mess if I don't use the Saran Wrap! :eek:

I use Archway or I make my own brownies and cut them with the base of the ice cream maker for the perfect size.

Just read this from an email loop. Thought I'd post it here.

get the cookie dough in the tube in refrigerated section. cut off about 1/4 inch pieces. cook them. when you take them out. take your cookie maker clear part with the press inside it. (using the larger diameter) put the clear part over the hot cookie. press down on the press and the cookie takes shape of the clear circle giving you exact perfect cookies. very pretty, plus they are not too fat. if you like fat cookies, just add more cookie dough, but continue to press out.
for a show, I have been cutting the hot cookies in 1/2. then, take to your show and insert 2 of the 1/2's to make 1 cookie bottom. put your ice cream in. line up your top 1/2's and push out. take a knife and "cut" the ice-cream in-between the cookies and you have 2 1/2 cookies. great for shows. I would wrap in saran wrap and put in freezer before the show, then they would be hard, roll in sprinkles as the guests eat them. I would show how to make 1 regular size. This saves the host in cookies, plus if you do 2 recipes, 1/2 of a cookie is plenty to sample.

1. What types of cookies can I make with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

With the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker, you can make a variety of cookies such as chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar, and snickerdoodle. You can also use pre-made cookie dough or create your own recipe to make unique and delicious cookies.

2. Is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker easy to use?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. Simply place the cookie dough in the bottom tray, press it down with the top tray, bake, and then add your favorite ice cream in between the two cookies. It's that simple!

3. How many ice cream sandwiches can I make at once with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can make four sandwiches at a time, making it perfect for small gatherings or family desserts. However, you can easily make more by repeating the process.

4. Can I use any type of ice cream with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

Yes, you can use any type of ice cream with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. You can use your favorite flavors, such as vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or get creative and try different flavors and combinations.

5. Is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is dishwasher safe. The silicone trays are safe to use in the dishwasher, making clean up a breeze. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joelen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Chef-B
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
Replies