• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Kid-Friendly Products and Activities for a Holiday Party?

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for kid-friendly activities and products for a holiday party. They discuss the idea of a homeschool cooking class for kids and the logistics of promoting, organizing, and pricing the class. They also mention the age group and safety considerations for the class. They advertise the class through homeschool groups and word of mouth. One person asks if there is a flyer for advertising and expresses interest in participating.
lmklipfel
I am looking for a list of kid friendly products for my upcoming kids holiday party. Alot of the lists are outdated. Does anyone have an updated one or new ideas for activities with 4 and 5 year olds? Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated!

Here you goHere you go! I just created this because I wanted one for my homeschool cooking classes I am going to start doing in January.
Hope it works for you!

Debbie :D

Attachments

• KID FRIENDLY TOOLS FROM THE PAMPERED CHEF.doc
    151 KB · Views: 438
Oh Debbie, do tell how you are going to promote and actually do this class! I have often thought about doing one and really am not sure about the liability and such. Would Moms need to stick around? What age group would be best?
My friend that does Creative memories had a scrapbook camp this past summer and I sent both kids (mine ar 10 & 7) and they had a blast! It was Monday-Thursday from 9-12 and they took about 25 pictures to put into a scrapbook for them to decorate and keep-very successful! She charged $50 and that covered the cost of the album and the use of her supplies.
Looking forward to hearing what others have done or ideas!

chefmeg said:
Oh Debbie, do tell how you are going to promote and actually do this class! I have often thought about doing one and really am not sure about the liability and such. Would Moms need to stick around? What age group would be best?
My friend that does Creative memories had a scrapbook camp this past summer and I sent both kids (mine ar 10 & 7) and they had a blast! It was Monday-Thursday from 9-12 and they took about 25 pictures to put into a scrapbook for them to decorate and keep-very successful! She charged $50 and that covered the cost of the album and the use of her supplies.
Looking forward to hearing what others have done or ideas!

I have done the homeschool class last year and a few moms chose to stick around because their kids were not comfortable at first staying alone. Both of these girls were 6 years old. That is the age I started accepting kids in the class. My class was ages 6 - 12. I wanted to be sure they would understand how to follow directions and stay seated long enough to do the recipe with everyone else. Some parents just dropped off their kids and came back after the class was finished to run errands.
It worked out last year that my oldest kids 9-12 were in one class (Thursday) and my younger kids (6-9) were in another class (Monday). This year I am doing Tuesday's from 1 pm - 2:30 pm and I am charging $30 per month for three classes and a free PC tool. We will not have class the last Tuesday of the month. The PC tools I have chosen to give run from $8-$12. So roughly $22 - $18 will go to food for our recipes in the three classes per month per child. I have given the option for kids to sign up for one month, two months, three months or all four months. They pay at the beginning of the month and I will also be doing food worksheets since it's a homeschool class. I will be sending home worksheets to have them complete about identifying kitchen tools, definitions of certain cooking terms, questions about kitchen safety, etc. We had lots of fun last year and my kids are really looking forward to it again. This time I will have help, Lord willing, from a young lady at our church who will be coming by during the class to tend to my three youngest children.
Oh and I forgot to mention that I had 14 kids in the Monday class (two are mine). In my Thursday class I had 8 (two are mine). I can handle roughly about 14-18 kids at one time. I do Children's church on Wednesday nights at our church so I know how to get their attention and keep it while parents pray. I know they pray for me, I can feel it!! LOL

I belong to a homeschool group in my city where I advertised my classes last year and got most of my little chefs. Others came from my church. This year I have advertised at a popular homeschool curriculum store in town and in their newsletter. Plus word of mouth from happy moms and kids!

Last edited:
Do you have a flyer that you use for advertising? I would love to so this!!

Yes
jodistrauss said:
Do you have a flyer that you use for advertising? I would love to so this!!

I have a homeschool flyer that I use to advertise. I also have others that I have created so here they are. Feel free to use them or change them.

Attachments

• KIDS IN THE KITCHEN FLYER.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 530
  • Kids show flyer.doc
    108 KB · Views: 381
  • KIDS PAMPERED CHEF CLASS.doc
    94.5 KB · Views: 488
I also use the Lets Eat cookbook for all of my kid shows and classes - it works great for all ages!
Melinda

Yes
melindag said:
I also use the Lets Eat cookbook for all of my kid shows and classes - it works great for all ages!
Melinda

I also have the old Kids in the Kitchen PC kid's book. It has some great recipes that I used in my class! Plus you can do mini cakes in the prep bowls, cupcakes in the floral cupcake pan, Cookies from the cookie press, Mini tarts in the tart pan, Ice cream sandwiches, etc.... Or just take any good kid recipe and incorporate Pc tools, the list is endless.

Related to What Are the Best Kid-Friendly Products and Activities for a Holiday Party?

1. What is a "Kids Show" with Pampered Chef?

A "Kids Show" with Pampered Chef is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration specifically designed for children. It involves simple and child-friendly recipes that they can help make and delicious treats that they can enjoy.

2. What age range is appropriate for a "Kids Show"?

The "Kids Show" is recommended for children ages 5-12 years old. However, children of any age can participate with adult supervision and assistance.

3. What types of recipes are typically demonstrated at a "Kids Show"?

Our "Kids Shows" feature easy and kid-approved recipes such as no-bake cookies, fruit kabobs, pizza bagels, and more. We also have special themed shows, like holiday treats or healthy snacks, depending on your preference.

4. Do parents need to be present during a "Kids Show"?

Yes, we highly encourage parents or guardians to be present during the "Kids Show" for supervision and to help their children with any tasks that may require adult assistance.

5. Is there a cost for the "Kids Show"?

There is no cost for hosting a "Kids Show" with Pampered Chef. It is a free and fun experience for children to learn basic cooking skills and enjoy delicious food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jennuone
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • heat123