• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasonal Theme Flyers: Apple and Kid-Friendly Holiday Recipes

J
jillbean
I am working on some of my seasonal theme flyers and was wondering if any of you had any really great apple recipes and/or any kid friendly Christmas candy recipes.
I want to do Sept/Oct. shows that focus on apples and I wanted to present a kids show for the Holidays...I know that I will be having one Kids Cooking show for about 20 or so kids from 8-16.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks;)!

have you done a recipe file search here on CS for "apple"? Also, check Consultants Corner~I bet there are a boatload!

I would like a copy of that when you get it done. Thanks!

ChefJWarren said:
I would like a copy of that when you get it done. Thanks!

Ok. I'll send it out to you or post it. If you haven't heard form me in a few days you might want to check in!

I am trying to find 31 EASY apple recipes and put them together for the hosts of the Sept/Oct show...hence the apple a day. There are quite a few apple recipes but I thought that there may be some ideas that hadn't been added. Would you like a copy of that as well?

Anyone have any kid friendly Christmas candy ideas? This will be presented to the kids at the kids cooking classes but also my hosts around the Holidays so that they can share them with their kids.

Went ahead and made the theme flyer. Here it is. I hope someone can use it.
I'll attach my Stone Age theme flyer too if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• An Apple a Day.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 342
  • Stone Age Theme Flyer.doc
    133 KB · Views: 318
How about the pretzel wreaths? They are very kid friendly, not too messy, and very simple. Dress them up w/ sprinkles or edible glitter.

Caramel apple bread pudding is amazing from CC.

I love the flier. I would love to see the apple a day calender. Please share! I am doing an apple festival in October, and this would be perfect for it.

Thanks so much!!

Here is the Thanksgiving/Christmas Theme Flyer.

Any feedback on the any of the flyers would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Thanksgiving&Christmas Theme Flyer.doc
    151.5 KB · Views: 337
Jill,
I tweaked this flyer a bit, but my pix are a little blurry...don't know why. Oh well.
Deb

Attachments

• Thanksgiving Christmas Theme Flyer.doc
    157 KB · Views: 446
This is one I do in the fall:

Harvest Apple Skillet Cake

Recipe:
2 oranges
5 small, firm, red baking apples, such as Jonathan (1 1/4 pounds)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon plus spice blend, divided
1/2 cup pecans
1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
Thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
Additional pecan halves (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Zest one orange using short strokes; set aside. Score long strips from remaining orange and form into curls for garnish; set aside. Cut one slice from the center of the scored orange; set aside. Juice oranges to measure 1/4 cup juice; set aside.

2. Core and slice apples, leaving peel on. Slice each apple in half vertically; do not separate slices. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Combine sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of the spice blend. Sprinkle over butter in bottom of skillet. Place reserved orange slice in center of skillet. Arrange 5 apple halves, skin side down, in a circular pattern around orange slice; arrange remaining halves around first circle of apples. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until apples are slightly softened. Using a spoon, gently press down and fan out apple slices to cover bottom of skillet.

3. Coarsely chop pecansr. Combine pecans, cake mix and remaining spice blend. Add reserved orange juice and zest, water, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Gently pour batter over apples in skillet, spreading evenly.

4. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove to cooling rack. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving plate. Garnish with whipped topping, orange curls and pecan halves, if desired. Serve.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Great flyers Jill!! I like them!!

Hi Wonderful Ladies,

I am looking for a theme to go along with football, my host husband is a coach and she loves football her party is in September, please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Dina Atnip said:
Hi Wonderful Ladies,

I am looking for a theme to go along with football, my host husband is a coach and she loves football her party is in September, please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

How about one of the new "Game Day" recipes, or the tried-and-true Touchdown Taco Dip?

Here's a Super bowl invitation you could change to a football theme.
Deb:)

Attachments

• Superbowl snacks-Invitation.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 304
Thanks for this great ideal I am passing this along to the host.

This is a great invitation I have emailed to the host. Thanks a million

1. What are some kid-friendly holiday candy recipes?

Some popular kid-friendly holiday candy recipes include peppermint bark, chocolate-covered pretzels, and Christmas sugar cookies.

2. Can you recommend any apple recipes for the fall season?

Yes, there are many delicious apple recipes to try during the fall season. Some ideas include apple pie, apple crisp, and apple cider donuts.

3. How can I make a kid-friendly holiday cooking show?

To make a kid-friendly holiday cooking show, you can choose simple recipes that are easy for kids to make, have colorful and festive ingredients, and involve fun activities like decorating cookies or making edible gifts.

4. Are there any healthy options for apple recipes?

Yes, there are many healthy apple recipes that you can try. Some examples include apple and peanut butter sandwiches, apple oatmeal muffins, and apple cinnamon smoothies.

5. Can I make any of these recipes without using nuts?

Yes, many of these recipes can be made without nuts. You can substitute with other ingredients like seeds, dried fruits, or omit them altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • ChefErin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies