• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some kid-friendly products for a nursery school fund raiser?

In summary, this woman is doing a fund raiser for a nursery school and she is looking for ideas on products that she can highlight. She also has an adult user cookware and stoneware set that she is going to bring to the fundraiser. She is also looking for ideas on kid-friendly items that she can bring to the event.
Langrco
Gold Member
I am doing a fund raiser for a nursery school and would like to know what products I could highlight for kids. Since most of the people at the show will have younger kids I thought that would be good to push along with the other products so I was going to set up a table of kid friendly products.
Also, they don't want me to do a recipe there but I will make a few dishes and bring (they will pay for the ingredients) what are some suggestions? And then what do I do at the show if I am not demostrating? I was going to bring some things for people to try themself like some potatoes or carrots for the mandoline, playdough for the mini muffin pan and tart shaper. What else would you suggest? I may have to order somethings if I don't already have them so I will need to do that soon.

Thanks for your help in advance.

This is a list I made for Dec - so it has the old Monthly Special numbers on it, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Cook With Your Kids.doc
    41 KB · Views: 443
I'm sure there's some new stuff you could add also - the Bar Board for sure!

Thanks, I will check it out, this is exciting and my first so I want it to be good

Too bad they won't have the kids cookbook any more. But if you do have the cookbook or the older Kid's in the Kitchen cookbook it may give you some more ideas of kid friendly things. You could also choose a recipe from there to show or already have available for the kids to snack on. Or give out kid friendly recipes.

I also forgot to mention that there are items on there that will be gone come March 1st. Just go over the list before you hand it out or anything ;)

I wish I had that cookbook. I don't expect to have kids actually at the show, it will be the parents so I am going to have the adult user products (cookware and stoneware and the bamboo for the month, but I still wanted to have the kid friendly items. They are having it on the 11th at 6:30 thinking it will give them time to get home and feed the kids but not late enough for them to get too settled at home.

For me, just having the utensils to make a quick and healthy for my family is great. However, what I use most for my daughter are the Crinkle Cutter (DAILY)...makes everything into a fry, but more importantly make cutting easier. I use it for Pizza, sandwiches, etc. The Creative Cutters & Cut N Seal are great for making the food fun. Oh...and the Apple Corer for making Dot or Moon Sandwiches :). Have fun!!

Langrco said:
I wish I had that cookbook. I don't expect to have kids actually at the show, it will be the parents so I am going to have the adult user products (cookware and stoneware and the bamboo for the month, but I still wanted to have the kid friendly items. They are having it on the 11th at 6:30 thinking it will give them time to get home and feed the kids but not late enough for them to get too settled at home.

I bought the cookbook.."Let's Eat!" I'm not too impressed with it, but I haven't tried the recipes either, and yes I do have two small toddlers under 4.. some of the tools they show IN that cookbook are : food chopper, ice cream dipper, deluxe cheese grater, bamboo spoons, egg slicer plus, stainless steel wisk, classic scraper, crinkle cutter, stainless steel scoop, bakers's roller, oven mitt, all-purpose spreader, classic batter bowl with lid, kitchen sheers, my safe cutter, small nylon turner, kid's cutters(discontinued ?) and measuring cups (discontinued ?)

good luck, if I think of any myself I'll let you know

Thanks everyone for the great replies. I am going to have to order some of them but will be worth it I am sure. Anyone have any food ideas for me to bring.

I've done several fundraisers for nursery schools, and never just focused on the "kids". Yes, I had some of the kid-friendly products out to see, but since it was mostly moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, and uncles shopping at these events, they were more interested in buying products that would help them create fantastic family meals. I think that's what you should focus on. Cookware, knives, stoneware, simple additions and a TTA filled with "gadgets" is always my "formula" for any show. Good luck!

If there's still kid's aprons in the outlet that might be a good item to purchase and then resell. Also, make sure that you tell parents that the cut and seal is a great way to save money and make their own "Uncrustables". Those things are sooo outrageously priced, but so easy to make. Plus they can make EXACTLY what their child likes and then freeze them or eat them then. I know that it's very inexpensive, but the citrus peeler was my fav. back when my mom was a consultant (many moons ago) and it was my little sisters' fav. too. It makes peeling oranges a breeze!! The sud's pump is also a plus when it comes to being economical and getting your kids to wash those hands. The foam makes it more enjoyable IMO. The pizza cutter is also great for cutting up foods (like pancakes, pizza, etc.) into bite size pieces without taking all day. I'd also try to market things that will just make the parent's lives much easier and cooking much quicker!! Hope that helps!!

thanks Cathy, that was my first thought to, I always have my TTA full. something funny. I received a samle box that I had ordered on the day of my last party and I wanted to take the things to the party but didn't have time to get formilar with everything. So I took all of the bamboo sets that I had received in the box and put them on the table and just told the guests what happened and to feel free to open them if they wanted. I had a few bamboo spoons in my TTA. Not a single one was open but I sold 10 sets of them (assorted). I had not sold any prior to that with just the ones from my TTA. I thought that was cool.

Thanks Amy, and I love the apron idea, I can get them discounted from the outlet store and they can take them with them that night. Great thought, I better go and check that out now before they are gone.

A great tool for adults and kids is the Easy Accent Decorator. VERY easy to use and great with whipped cream.

When kids are involved (I have also done demo's in the Kinder classes and the kids have a ball - not for sales, but for Parent Career day). I make brownie bites in the mini muffin pan and put cool whip in the Decorator, have the Prep bowls filled with mini marshmallows, Teddy Graham cookies, sprinkles, mini candy coated kisses (anything small). They use the EAD to put a dollop of cool whip and then stick the small items onto the cool whip. It is a take off from the Smore's Brownie Bites recipe in the Kids Cookbook.

Also a good item to take for demo is the cookie press. Also, VERY easy to use, but much easier to sell when they get to try it. If you buy 2 tubes of the pre-made store bought cookie dough. Obviously not to eat, but buy two packs and keep one in a cooler and when you go through one, place it back in the cooler (allow it to set a little while) and then use the other, and vice versa.

Good Luck! :chef:

Related to What are some kid-friendly products for a nursery school fund raiser?

1. How can our nursery school participate in the Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To participate in our fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to register your nursery school. We will provide you with all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success!

2. What products are available for the nursery school fundraiser?

We offer a variety of high-quality kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for a nursery school fundraiser. Some popular choices include our stoneware, cookware, and kitchen tools. We also offer a selection of delicious food items that are great for hosting a fundraiser event.

3. How much money will our nursery school earn from the fundraiser?

The amount of money your nursery school can earn from the fundraiser will depend on the number of products sold and the prices of the products. Typically, schools can earn 15-20% of the total sales, with potential for higher earnings based on sales and bonuses.

4. Can we customize the fundraiser to fit our nursery school's needs?

Yes, we understand that every nursery school is unique and may have specific needs for their fundraiser. That's why we offer customizable options such as choosing specific products to sell or setting a specific fundraising goal. Our team will work with you to create the perfect fundraiser for your nursery school.

5. Is there a minimum order requirement for the fundraiser?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for the Pampered Chef nursery school fundraiser. We want to make it as easy as possible for your school to participate and earn money. You can sell as many or as few products as you'd like to reach your fundraising goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • amand221
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies