• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are Some Fun Bridal Shower Game Ideas to Introduce Guests?

In summary, Stephanie suggests playing a game where guests introduce themselves and then tell the bride about their favorite PC product.
I was trying to come up with a game that could allow the guests to introduce themselves, but also talk about their favorite products. Any ideas?

Bumping :)

I havent acually tried this but it sounds cute. Have everyone take a nametag when they come in and have them write their first name and some sort of food or cooking adjective that starts with the same letter. For example "Betty Baker" or "Spicey Sarah". Have everyonne refer to each other as that name for the rest of the show. Kind of an icebreaker. You could also play the "and then" game. You start out the story saying something like "I went to a Pampered Chef Party" and the next person has to say "and then...I saw a fabulous knife..." next person "and then I got to use on a tomato...". Go around the circle to complete a story about cooking. It gets everyone talking, and can acually be pretty funny.

I have a couple friends who at the end of the cooking part of the show and before the buying part, have everyone go around and tell everyone what they think is a product that they cant live without and why. Something they saw, tried, or already own. Its easier to sell to people this way too because if thier friend loves it, then they think well it must be that great. You dont fell as pushy this way too...

I also got this from another meeting a long time ago... it comes from the Good Housekeeping magazine. It is what a 1950's bride was like (there is 10) cut them out and put them in envelopes, and hand out to the guests. Then you have 10 of what the "today's" bride is like, and you are the host can read those right after the 1950's bride, and it just goes back and forth. It is really funny! I will be retyping it again.. so if anyone can tell me how to add files on here I would be more then happy to post it.

Stephanie

I have had guests introduced themselves by stating name, how they will be realted to the bride & groom and their worst cooking disaster! It always makes the bride feel better!
I start off with my Mom's story about how she made a cherry pie when she & my dad were first married....he never told her until years later that she forgot to take the pits out of the cherries!

I like the idea of cooking disasters!! LOL!

StephsKitchen said:
I like the idea of cooking disasters!! LOL!
I do too. My mother baked a cake for my dad when they were first married and he told the story into my adulthood that he could bounce it like a basketball. Needless to say, that was the last thing she baked for him. She occasionally made us kids a coffeecake... Hmmm... that explains why I learned everything I know about baking from my grandmother (dad's mom) ...and why my mother hated that!

Oh, yeah, you wanted ideas. I do the same thing as already stated - introducing themselves and tell the bride what she NEEDS or what is essential in the kitchen and why. I have done the disaster question but not for some time - thanks for the reminder.

The game I play is: I pass around a tray (PC of course) filled with PC products. I then have the bride leave the room with it and ask questions of the guests. But the questions are things about the bride: Is she wearing a skirt or pants; where did she meet the groom; how many pieces of jewelry is she wearing; etc. They always laugh that it wasn't what they thought it would be. Last question is how many PC items were on the tray or what was your favorite PC item that was passed around.

StephsKitchen said:
I also got this from another meeting a long time ago... it comes from the Good Housekeeping magazine. It is what a 1950's bride was like (there is 10) cut them out and put them in envelopes, and hand out to the guests. Then you have 10 of what the "today's" bride is like, and you are the host can read those right after the 1950's bride, and it just goes back and forth. It is really funny! I will be retyping it again.. so if anyone can tell me how to add files on here I would be more then happy to post it.

Stephanie

It's actually not from Good Housekeeping. The image is from a British magazine called John Bull. A company called Advertising Archives owns the image rights but not the text. This is what they have to say about it:

Please note: Several years ago a piece entitled 'How to be a Good Wife' appeared in a British newspaper claiming to be taken from a magazine called Housekeeping Monthly and dated 13th May 1955. A picture from our image collection (actually a cover illustration from the British weekly magazine called John Bull) was used to illustrate the article and our image credit appeared alongside it. There is some debate as to whether this is even a genuine magazine article or a hoax. The Advertising Archives makes no claim as to the authenticity of the text or to authorship of it. We have created our own ‘Good Wife's Guide' in response to popular demand – please contact us for details on how to purchase a copy.

You can search for the artwork and the Good Wife Guide at The Advertising Archives - About Us, Buy and Sell, Gallery, Links, FAQs, Contact Us.

Attached is the version I received via email

Attachments

• Good Wife Guide.doc
    95.5 KB · Views: 552
Thanks for the info... I was informed wrong by my Director then.

Stephanie

StephsKitchen said:
Thanks for the info... I was informed wrong by my Director then.

No worries - I didn't know either until I had to search for the list myself. My director told me about it but she didn't have the text, said she got it online. I figured things like that turn up all over the place so I searched for it and found a wikipedia link about John Bull. I dug deeper and found the story.

I asked my mom about the social mores of the 50s and marital expectations - she says most of that list is only half accurate. So have fun with it but take it with a grain of salt. It was created to be tongue-in-cheek funny.

I think it is mostly something funny to say at your bridal shower. I have all 10cut and placed into envelopes. As a guest reads #1, then I or the host will read today's version. It's hilarious!

stephanie

Related to What are Some Fun Bridal Shower Game Ideas to Introduce Guests?

What is the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game"?

The "Need Help Bridal Shower Game" is a game that is commonly played at bridal showers. It involves the bride-to-be asking for help with various household tasks or activities, and the guests offering advice or tips. It is a fun and interactive way to celebrate the bride's upcoming marriage.

How do you play the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game"?

To play the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game", the bride-to-be will need to come up with a list of tasks or activities that she needs help with. This can include anything from cooking and cleaning to planning a wedding. The guests will then take turns offering their advice or tips on how to complete the task. The bride-to-be can choose the best advice or tip and award the guest with a small prize.

What supplies are needed for the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game"?

The only supplies needed for the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game" are a list of tasks or activities, paper and pens for guests to write their advice or tips on, and small prizes for the winner(s). It is a simple and low-cost game that can be easily played at any bridal shower.

Is the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game" suitable for all ages?

Yes, the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game" is suitable for all ages. It can be adjusted to fit the age and interests of the guests. For example, if the bridal shower is for a younger crowd, the tasks can be more modern and technology-based. If the guests are older, the tasks can be more traditional household tasks.

Can the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game" be customized for a specific theme?

Yes, the "Need Help Bridal Shower Game" can be customized for a specific theme. The tasks or activities can be related to the theme of the bridal shower, and the prizes can also reflect the theme. This will make the game more fun and personalized for the bride and her guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cdsparks04
  • pchefmartha