• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some affordable and easy recipe ideas for an open house?

In summary, Kim is having an open house and is looking for recipes and free products to give away. She suggests bite-sized items, Simple Additions, and a trifle.
chefbritt
I'm having an open house in a few weeks and I'm trying to come up with ideas for recipes and products to give away. I just moved, and so I've invited both friends and family who haven't been to visit yet, as well as my PC past hosts and guests. It's over a four hour time span, and people can just drop in at any time, so I need ideas for recipes that don't necessarily need to be served hot. Also, I put on the invites that there would be a drawing for free products, but I'm trying to decide how to do it. I don't want to spend more than $50, but would it be better to raffle off one big item, or several smaller ones so that more people receive gifts? TIA for the ideas!

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I recently made the pepperoni pizza twist. If you cut it up into pieces (appropriate size for toothpicks), have pizza sauce to dip it in, and make the cheezy fondue. My boyfriend couldnt get enough of it. I would also suggest the phyllo wrapped asparagus with red pepper aioli.

As for free stuff... I picked up a great tip, I cant remember what thread it was, but making spice samples... I thought it was great! I went to Michaels (craft store) and bought small re-sealable bags (the size bag that say a spair button from a piece of clothing would come in).

Don't make too much food! I overprepare and I've heard from friends who have done the same-had too much food and wasted a bunch of money. Keep it SUPER SIMPLE (I know we say it all the time and it's easier said than done, but it's so true)!

I suggest anything bite size. You can make the profiteroles ahead and just put out a few at a time. If you have leftovers you can freeze them.

The baked potstickers you can also make ahead and freeze and throw a half dozen on the small bar pan and in the toaster oven at a time.

Serve everything on Simple Additions, and have them everywhere. Put flowers in the small bowl caddy, put the rectangle on the back of the toilet with some potpourri or candles. Can you tell that Simple Additions are my favorite?!

Anything cheap and easy. You want your hosts to think it's easy, so make it easy!

Oh and PS, for the prizes, I'd just raffle off the host benefits and make it a mystery host kind of thing, then you're not out anything, maybe give away a few Season's Bests or something ilke that.

Another thing for free stuff... I havent revealed this or tried it yet, but... Im pretty young and crafty. When I was in college I started making magnets for my dorm room (all the furniture was metal). I have been suffering from insomnia lately and stayed up making magnets all night!!! I got the idea to make a bunch when im bored and put them in my "free stuff".

Materials:
a quarter (coin)
scissors
elmers glue
magnets (round, approx size of a dime)
clear goblets (can be found in craft section at Walmart near fake plants)

Go through old magazines if you find an interesting design put a glass goblet over it, see if it looks good through the glass. If you find one that looks good, trace a circle over it with a quarter. cut the circle out, lightly trace the edges of the picture with elmers glue (safe because usually doesnt cause the colors in the image run), stick to the flat side of the goblet and flatten. apply a small amount of glue to the back of a magnet press firmly against the back of the picture & goblet and let sit to dry, glass side up.

Thanks for the ideas! Kim, I love Simple Additions too, their my favorite product collection! As for giving away the host benefits, I actually would like to keep them for myself and my sister (I live with her) because like I said, we just moved, and I haven't been with PC that long, so there really is a lot I need and would love to get with the free and 1/2 price value.

Make the new Taste of the Tropics recipes!

Make a trifle!!!!!!!!

I'd love to but I don't have the trifle bowl. It's on my list though, hopefully I can use the FPV from this show to buy it!

Related to What are some affordable and easy recipe ideas for an open house?

What are some easy and impressive recipes for an open house?

Some easy and impressive recipes for an open house include bruschetta, cheese and fruit platters, mini quiches, vegetable skewers, and chicken salad sandwiches. These can all be made ahead of time and are perfect for snacking and mingling.

How can I incorporate the Pampered Chef products in my open house recipes?

Pampered Chef products can be incorporated in a variety of ways depending on the recipe. For example, the Quick Slice can be used to make even slices of vegetables for skewers, the Stoneware Rectangular Baker is perfect for making mini quiches, and the Deluxe Cheese Grater can be used to shred cheese for a cheese platter.

What are some crowd-pleasing recipes for a large open house?

Some crowd-pleasing recipes for a large open house include slow cooker pulled pork sliders, shrimp cocktail, spinach and artichoke dip, meatballs, and deviled eggs. These can all be made in large batches and are sure to satisfy a hungry crowd.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for open house recipes?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for open house recipes. Some ideas include stuffed mushrooms, hummus and veggie platters, roasted vegetable tart, avocado toast bites, and fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.

Can I make any of these recipes gluten-free?

Absolutely! Many of the recipes mentioned can easily be made gluten-free with a few simple substitutions. For example, use gluten-free bread for the chicken salad sandwiches, gluten-free crackers for the cheese platter, and gluten-free pasta for the spinach and artichoke dip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies