• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Daycare Business with a Successful Open House | Ideas & Tips

In summary, the friends are opening a daycare and they want me to do their open house as a show. They are worried about the sanitary rules and whether or not they can use storeware. The state doesn't allow storeware to be used if it is not washed every time it is used, so they are looking for advice. I told them about the possibility of doing a fundraiser where people could purchase tools for the daycare, and also gave them some advice on how to market the stoneware as being healthy.
kisrae
Gold Member
I have a couple of girlfriends who are opening a daycare together in Aug. They want me to do their open house with them to get some sales to use for some of our PC products. (Basically a show)

I really want to make this a success for them. They have been great supporters of mine and I want to get them as much as possible for their kitchen.

We were playing with an idea of doing a wish list for products so that people coming to the open house could purchase for them or when they send out invites they could put info inside.

With all of your great ideas, I'm hoping you can give me some advise.

Thanks you all...........:eek: I'm not sure if this should be going int this thread.:eek:

I don't really have an idea, just something to pass on to you, if your state rules are like they are in Nebraska, the daycares can't use the storeware, due to sanitary reasons. The state doesn't allow you to use something that is not washed everytime it is used.

Thanks for the info. They really need everything to set up a kitchen. I'll ask them if they know the rules about the stones. Thanks

Do they have parents already signing their children up for the daycare? If so, you could involve the parents, make it a fund raiser for the daycare, and have a parent meeting along with staff and challenge them to come back with guest list.....and do the fund raiser as a cooking show........... I know it's not much but I hope it helps.

Chef Ritz said:
I don't really have an idea, just something to pass on to you, if your state rules are like they are in Nebraska, the daycares can't use the storeware, due to sanitary reasons. The state doesn't allow you to use something that is not washed everytime it is used.
Stoneware should be washed every time it is used. The thing that might get it stopped with the health department is the no soap rule.

And soap doesn't kill the bacteria when washing dished, the hot water does. That's why it's important to use water as hot as you can stand it.

they will likely have a santizer for their dishes and those dont use soap so the stone cud go in there :)
i would promote it as a fundraiser to stock their kitchen with tools and market the stoneware as healthy eating
just my thoughts :)

There are a lot of tools that a daycare could use:
suds pump
cut n seal
bamboo tongs
outdoor plates (for lunch and snack time)
cutting boards
cookwareI really think that having a "fundraiser" but letting them pick out tools instead of getting a check would net them the most.

Maybe do it kinda like a bridal registry...

Have your friends create a list of what they really want. People could...
1) purchase items from the list as a gift for the daycare
2) purchase items for themselves
3) both #1 and #2

If they get people that choose option #1, they get stuff AND increase the show total to get MORE stuff...

JMTC...

Would I be able to put it in as a bridal registry? Should i just let their guest know that it's for the daycare. I really want them to get what they need and have some of it given to them.
I was thinking of putting it in as a registry but didn't know if it was allowed.

Sure. That's a great idea! Of course, if people order off the registry, they'll count toward registry rewards. By having a wish list (you can just post a list on your PWS), people will be able to purchase from it, and all the sales will count toward the show.

So we did our registry and the total is about $3000 in items.
We're sending our invite to all the local business and parents who are on the sign up list and family and friends. With eveyone who places an order they will be put into a drawing for $100 in PC products or $100 off their first months tuition if they are signing up a student.
The stoneware issue is not going to be a problem.
Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens.

1)

What is the purpose of having an open house for my daycare business?

The purpose of having an open house for your daycare business is to showcase your facility, services, and staff to potential families. It is also an opportunity to network with local businesses and community members, and to create a positive first impression for families considering your daycare.

2)

When is the best time to hold an open house for my daycare business?

The best time to hold an open house for your daycare business is during the summer or early fall, before the new school year begins. This allows families to visit your daycare and enroll their children before they start school. You can also consider holding the open house during the weekends or evenings to accommodate working parents.

3)

What should I include in my open house for my daycare business?

Some key elements to include in your open house are a tour of your facility, introductions to your staff, information about your curriculum and daily activities, and examples of healthy meals and snacks provided. You can also consider having a Q&A session, fun activities for children, and information about your enrollment process and pricing.

4)

How can I promote my open house for my daycare business?

There are several ways to promote your open house, including using social media, creating flyers and posters to distribute in your local community, and reaching out to local businesses and organizations to spread the word. You can also consider partnering with other daycare centers or schools to cross-promote each other's open houses.

5)

What are some tips for making my open house for my daycare business successful?

Some tips for a successful open house include having a welcoming and organized environment, providing informative materials and giveaways, offering discounts or promotions for families who enroll during the open house, and following up with families after the event. It is also important to have a positive attitude and be prepared to answer any questions or concerns from potential families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
baychef
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies