• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We're Pampered, Not Perfect": Learn from my Embarassing Mistake!

In summary, if you are doing the shows, like I am, where you don't hand out order forms until after your demo, make sure to bring the order forms with you.
raebates
Staff member
If you are doing the shows, like I am, where you don't hand out order forms until after your demo . . .

Don't forget to bring the order forms with you!

I used to put them in my guest kits. As I packed for a show, the kits were ready to go. With the change, I have to make sure I have the order forms/receipts with me.

Imagine my embarassment when I went to hand out the forms and all I had were the few that were left over from my last show. Thankfully, the host had a copier, so the guests used the copies. The 17 guests were very understanding. That's right. It wasn't one of those dinky little shows where three people show up. No. I had to do this with 17 guests, including my SIL in attendance.

Guess I didn't make too bad an impression, though. The show garnered 4 bookings for me. And, I now have "Order Forms" on my checklist.

Another "silver lining"--I got to used the "We're pampered, not perfect" line.

Rae,

I did a demo at my cluster meeting this week and forgot several things. Imagine doing that in front of your PEERS! :eek:

Glad you worked it out and had a great show!

Don't you hate it when you forget things like that!

Sounds like you made the best of it and everyone still had a great time!

Good for you Rae!

The good things about doing that at a cluster meeting are:

1. You're probably at the home of someone who has everything you need.

2. You're in front of people who have probably done the same thing at least once.

Rae, I'm laughing here! I forget something at every show I've done, but normally it's a service spatula or somthing like that, my hosts usually have what I'm looking for...so that helps. Ive never forgotten anything like my order forms though. Glad it all worked out for you though!!

Now you guys are making me nervous about my first full fledged cooking show tomorrow. I've been making lists for 3 days now of what not to forget, an outline of important points to cover, everything I need to cover, etc. I've already done a catalog show, which was pretty easy. I'm hoping I'm not a total clutz tomorrow. Hopefully my 10+ years in deli-bakeries and as a cake decorator are still with me. ;)

Don't worry, Ruth. When you're first starting and nervous, you're really diligent about making sure you have everything. It's when you've been doing this for a while that you get all smug and stop making those endless lists of things and piling things by the door two days ahead of time. You'll do great!

Best thing in the world. I have my consultant quick book that I created and in the pocket on the right hand side, I have my show checklist I created with each hosts name on it. I check everything off and bring it to the show. It goes in my folder to know I completed the show and I don't forget anything.

Jilleysue said:
Best thing in the world. I have my consultant quick book that I created and in the pocket on the right hand side, I have my show checklist I created with each hosts name on it. I check everything off and bring it to the show. It goes in my folder to know I completed the show and I don't forget anything.

Genius! Why am I not surprised that you're so organized?

You know how you lose your brains when you're pregnant? I once forgot catalogs and receipts! Everyone had to share the couple of catalogs that the host had received in her host packet and we had to write orders on scrap paper!

At least you had the preggers excuse.

some of us aren't able to use that excuse!! Last time I forgot my pens! Fortunatley the host had TONS of them! I think there was something else I forgot, but of course I don't remember know what that is. How pathetic! hee hee hee...

Jilleysue said:

Jilleysue, you really should consider starting a business to help out absent minded consultant such as myself!!!!!!! :p

Any possiblilty you can share that with us?? :eek:

I always take my laptop to my shows, and a few weeks back, on my way to a show, my DH called my cell phone and told me the laptop was sitting on our front porch! I just completely forgot it when I was moving everything from the porch to the van.

He was nice enough to bring it over to my host's house for me!

Oh, I'd be All over that!!! Tammi, I don't know if we're abset minded, or if our brains are just too busy! LOL!!!! What do u think?

diane- you're lucky the laptop was still there on your porch!

pcchris said:
Oh, I'd be All over that!!! Tammi, I don't know if we're abset minded, or if our brains are just too busy! LOL!!!! What do u think?

Um....I'm blaming old age on mine!! LOL I seem to be falling apart now that I've hit 35! :eek: :p :D

pcchris said:
diane- you're lucky the laptop was still there on your porch!

It was in my stoneware insulated tote, so pretty well disguised (the tote makes a great laptop bag!) Luckily it was only outside for a few minutes...

hoosierchef said:
Um....I'm blaming old age on mine!! LOL I seem to be falling apart now that I've hit 35! :eek: :p :D

35? I got a few years on you!!! you're only 35, huh?? just a pup! actually, 35 is about when my brain started "Failing me" too. But, could be because:
I sub at the schools in town, Girl scout leader, and cookies just about killed me this year, do all paperwork for dh's business, dd is in steel drum band, was in show choir and volleyball( that's done for now...YAY), girl scouts, babysits, and I'm the one that runs her everywhere, PLUS I'm doing my PC. (yep, I think that qualifies as a busy brain). whew...no wonder I'm so tired all the time! (oh yeah, cook, clean, laundry, take care of dog, etc...) jut like everyone else...whew! sorry for the rant folks!

dianevill said:
It was in my stoneware insulated tote, so pretty well disguised (the tote makes a great laptop bag!) Luckily it was only outside for a few minutes...

AW HECK! What a great idea! I never thought of using that to carry my laptop! clever idea!! I might have to start doing that...Thanks!!

I need to hijack for a moment...
pcchris said:
35? I got a few years on you!!! you're only 35, huh?? just a pup! actually, 35 is about when my brain started "Failing me" too. But, could be because:
I sub at the schools in town, Girl scout leader, and cookies just about killed me this year, do all paperwork for dh's business, dd is in steel drum band, was in show choir and volleyball( that's done for now...YAY), girl scouts, babysits, and I'm the one that runs her everywhere, PLUS I'm doing my PC. (yep, I think that qualifies as a busy brain). whew...no wonder I'm so tired all the time! (oh yeah, cook, clean, laundry, take care of dog, etc...) jut like everyone else...whew! sorry for the rant folks!

Do you have any GS lemonade cookies hanging around there? You would be my child's hero if I found a box for her!

Oh, yes I certainly have some lemonades...like 2 or 3 left...

Boxes, cookies, or crumbs?

AND I'm cookie'd out.....so let me know if you want some. I'll be out and about tomorrow...sureI could make my way to your neck of the woods...

boxes.........let me know!

Ooooh yes, you rock!! I'll PM you in a sec...

that was a serious hijack!! You may have to be prosecuted for that one!!!
ha ha ha~~

OH GOODNESS, don't say that!! OK, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

I did forget my Quick Stir Pitcher for a show in which I was making the Iced Coffee Lattes. I mixed it in a stainless bowl and served it with a ladle.

Am I back in the good graces of the thread?

yup. OOOH...Iced coffee lattes?? Sounds delish! I love iced coffee!!!!! so many people around here thought I was whacked for years!(Before Starbucks moved in and now everyone is drinking frappucino's - me too!)

It is really good. My host last night made it (I gave her the recipe at one of my shows last year). She and I finished it up after the guests left...Mmmmmmm!

OK, must not hijack....

I forgot the Trifle Bowl tonight. Had the base, but the bowl was still at home. A lot of good that does. D'oh.

While driving to my show Thursday evening I realized that I forgot my Seasons Best which of course has my recepie for the Aloha Pizza in it. I called my DH and asked him the measurements, the oven temp and time. Then made a quick stop at the store to pick up some of the ingredients because I still had some left over from when I made it at home. So I start the demo get to the point where I'm supposed to put the pizza dough in the bar pan and realize that I don't have the Pizza dough!!! One of the guests went to the store and bought the last 2 pgs of dough!!!! I was sooooo forgetful that night... oh well the show is over $200 with only 4 orders, and one booking. I'll be closing it on Sunday.

pcchris said:
I've got a few years on Tammi's 35, too. But, I think I'm gonna call "busy brain." I'm working a temp job 32 hours a week. I have a small publication design business/ministry. I don't usually do a lot of work with it, but I'm currently helping someone write a book about his cancer experience. I'm a wife. I'm a mother, but my baby boy just moved to Texas for school. Most of my mothering is done through care packages right now. I teach the 3-K class at our church. Top that all off with the fact that my business is really starting to take flight, and I claim "busy brain" as a legitimate ecuse.Thanks! I feel much better.

I had a show during my first few months at which the host wanted the Double Chocolate Swirl Bread. It showed off the Mini Loaf Pan, which was brand new. I got to her house, and realized that I forgot the pan at home. It was one of my few shows that was within 30 minutes of my house, so I called to see if DH could bring it to me. No luck. Good thing I had another stone with me. So we made a giant swirl bread "donut" on the Large Round Stone.When I forget products, I offer them to attendees (not outside orders) at 10% off "I'm a scatterbrain" sale.

Frequently Asked Questions about "We're Pampered, Not Perfect": Learn from my Embarrassing Mistake!

Q: What is the biggest mistake you have made during a Pampered Chef show?

A: Forgetting to bring order forms with me to the show. This can be easily avoided by adding "order forms" to your show checklist.

Q: What should I do if I forget to bring order forms to a show?

A: If you forget to bring order forms, try to find a nearby copy machine or ask the host if they have one available. Alternatively, you can use the "We're Pampered, Not Perfect" line and assure your guests that mistakes happen and you will make sure they have a way to order.

Q: Do I need to bring order forms if I am doing shows where I don't hand them out until after the demo?

A: Yes, it is still important to bring order forms with you to every show, even if you don't hand them out until after the demo. This way, you will be prepared for any situation and avoid any potential embarrassment.

Q: Can I put order forms in my guest kits instead of bringing them separately?

A: While this may seem like a convenient solution, it is always best to bring order forms separately to ensure that you have enough for all of your guests. It is also a good idea to have extra order forms in case some get misplaced or damaged.

Q: How can I make sure I don't forget to bring order forms to future shows?

A: Adding "order forms" to your show checklist is a great way to ensure that you don't forget them in the future. You can also make it a habit to always pack them in your show bag before leaving for a show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
redd3708
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views