• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Well, With the Way the Weather Is Across the Country - and Especially

In summary, Due to inclement weather across the country, specifically in Michigan, it seems highly likely that DB and his family will not be able to visit for Christmas. This has left both Becky and Betty feeling sad and disappointed, as they were looking forward to spending the holidays with family. The weather has also affected others, such as Kacey and her son, who will not be able to see each other for the first time in many Christmases. Many others in the conversation have also been affected by the severe weather, with some experiencing power outages and others having to endure long and difficult commutes. Despite the disappointment, there is still hope that the weather will improve and DB's family may still be able to make it for Christmas.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Well, with the way the weather is across the country - and especially here in MI, it looks very likely that DB & his family won't be coming for Christmas after all.

I'm feeling sad right now.

Re: DisappointmentI know the feeling!! My 20yr old DS is in NC, and I am in NJ. He won't be coming home. The first Christmas that I won't spend with him. :cry:

Re: Disappointment
BettieC said:
I know the feeling!! My 20yr old DS is in NC, and I am in NJ. He won't be coming home. The first Christmas that I won't spend with him. :cry:

Yeah - it's the freezing rain/ice/sleet in the mountains that is keeping them from coming. They'd be traveling from VA.

Sorry about your son too!

Re: DisappointmentBecky and Betty- I'm very sorry about this, that is a bummer! It would be great to have family around. I went 7 Chirstmas's without my family and this year will be the same because of the weather and we all live in the same state this year! DH went out to buy some parts to give the snow blower a tune-up and said no one is out and the roads are terrible. We are supposed to get another 8-12 inches, plus off and on sleet...

I spent 15 hours in my car this week commuting to and from work, and I only live 18 miles away (which is about a 20 minute drive during normal traffic)

Hang in there guys, and may Jesus comfort you this Christmas, and warm your hearts...

Re: DisappointmentI'm so sorry to hear that, I would be crushed if I couldn't spend the holidays with family.

Re: DisappointmentI'm so sorry. I know you're disappointed.

Re: DisappointmentAwww Becky...hugs from across the big puddle. I wish I could send you some of our cold but clear weather. :(Of course, we'll be getting snow tonight.

Re: Disappointmentsorry to hear that Becky.

Re: DisappointmentYeah- that stinks. I know you were really looking forward to seeing them.

Re: DisappointmentThat is a disappointment, I'm sure. Try to make plans to visit in January! Would be a nice lift in the middle of winter. Isn't there a Russian Christmas or something mid-Jan??

Re: DisappointmentBecky,
I'm SO sorry to hear that! BIG hugs from a slightly (6-8 inches) snowed in NY.

gailz2 said:
That is a disappointment, I'm sure. Try to make plans to visit in January! Would be a nice lift in the middle of winter. Isn't there a Russian Christmas or something mid-Jan??

Becky's brother is in the military so his schedule probably isn't that flexible! :(

Re: DisappointmentSorry Becky. Hope you're doing okay.

Kitchen Diva said:
I spent 15 hours in my car this week commuting to and from work, and I only live 18 miles away (which is about a 20 minute drive during normal traffic)

Kacey how are things working out with your DH working at your company? I hope well. Sorry for the highjack.

The weather has been awful her in MA too, we had snow and freezing rain last Friday some people in MA and NH still have no power over a week later. Then yesterday we had about 11" of snow and another storm is coming tomorrow.

Re: DisappointmentAw, you guys...I am so sorry. Being searated from our loved ones at the holidays really rots :(

Re: DisappointmentI'm so sorry for all of you who won't be with your family for Christmas.

I have the opposite problem:)! We have most of our town without power! We are the ONLY house with power out of our entire extended family! I have my parents staying here for the second night tonight. Which is wonderful to spend time with them, but I miss my bed! The couch is not very comfortable!

My sisters were here today - taking showers and baking cookies:)!

Last edited:
Re: DisappointmentOh Becky - I am sorry that you all won't be together for the holiday! I can't imagine!

We are hoping weather holds out for us next week - DH and Myself and all the kids are flying to Ireland - everyone will be soooooo disappointed if we dont get there -

Hugs Becky!!! They are there in spirit!

Re: DisappointmentOh Becky... You never know, they might still make it. We got back here at midnight last night, instead of coming home today, to get ahead of the weather. Of course now it looks as though the worst is past and we could have driven home today...

But on the other hand, better to be safe than sorry.

I do really hope they make it though...

AnnieBee said:
Oh Becky... You never know, they might still make it. We got back here at midnight last night, instead of coming home today, to get ahead of the weather. Of course now it looks as though the worst is past and we could have driven home today...

But on the other hand, better to be safe than sorry.

I do really hope they make it though...

No, they won't be coming now. It's not just the weather here that is stopping them, it's the weather further south too. They would have to drive through the mountains to get here, and it's supposed to be treacherous through there. Plus, my brother MUST report back for duty in New Orleans the Monday following Christmas - and he is concerned he would get stuck, and not be able to get his family back to VA in time to hop a flight to LA.

Re: DisappointmentI'm very sorry Becky! I don't like it when my friends are sad. If I could, I'd drive to MI to give you a big fat hug! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm very sorry Becky! I don't like it when my friends are sad. If I could, I'd drive to MI to give you a big fat hug! :)

Thanks Sweetie! It's too treacherous here right now for you to be driving over though. DH just called to tell me he was leaving church, and on his way to work....he has to at least get some paths cleared for emergencies there. He says that it is completely crazy out there, and he's so glad I didn't attempt church this morning! And he has a big 4wd Truck!

Re: DisappointmentYeah, we can't get my son home for Christmas, either - just too expensive. He will, however, be able to spend Christmas with my Mom and sister, so that's a comfort. But, it's the first Christmas in 20 years without my Tiger-bear!

Re: DisappointmentTo all those who can't be with their loved ones this holiday, please remember how much you care about them and want them to be safe.

We got a call Sunday about my husbands best friend who is dying and they are getting his family together in Traverse City to spend some time with him before he passes. Very depressing, but of course, we are dropping everything and going. We couldn't get organized yesterday (dogs, etc) but we are on our way out this afternoon. I hear the weather up there is snowing, roads are a mess, etc but we have a 4WD SUV and my husband is an excellent bad weather driver.

The holidays are all about letting others know you care about them, please, don't wait.

Happy Hanukahah (I think I mangled the spelling of that very badly, I am sorry) , Merry Christmas to all, and everyone, please be safe.

janetupnorth said:
Becky's brother is in the military so his schedule probably isn't that flexible! :(

I didn't know he was in the military Janet. No need to use "!!!" like I should have known. Sorry Becky. I had a son in the military so I know how hard it is when they can't be home for the holidays.

Related to Well, With the Way the Weather Is Across the Country - and Especially

What are some ideas for using Pampered Chef products during inclement weather?

Some ideas for using Pampered Chef products during inclement weather include making hearty soups and stews in the Quick Cooker, baking warm and cozy casseroles in the Stoneware Collection, and using the Indoor Grilling Tool for indoor BBQs.

How can I still entertain guests during bad weather with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of indoor cooking and baking tools that are perfect for entertaining during bad weather. You can make delicious appetizers using the Veggie Strip Maker, whip up cocktails with the Quick-Stir® Pitcher, and serve hot and fresh snacks with the help of the Mini Deep Covered Baker.

How can I use Pampered Chef products to keep warm during cold weather?

Pampered Chef has a range of products that are perfect for keeping warm during cold weather. The Double Burner Grill allows you to grill indoors, the Microwave Popcorn Maker is great for making a warm and tasty snack, and the Ceramic Egg Cooker can help you make a hot and hearty breakfast.

What are some easy and quick meal ideas for busy days during bad weather?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help you whip up quick and easy meals on busy days during bad weather. The Salad Chopper can help you make a healthy and filling salad in minutes, the Garlic Press can save you time while cooking, and the Quick Cooker can make meals in a fraction of the time compared to traditional cooking methods.

How can I use Pampered Chef products to make comfort food during bad weather?

Pampered Chef has a range of products that are perfect for making comfort food during bad weather. You can use the Casserole Dish to make classic mac and cheese, the Mix ‘N Chop to create a hearty chili, and the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven to make a warm and satisfying pot roast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies