• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well, Here's to the 'Giant' Fans!!

V
vwpamperedchef
THE GIANTSBABY!!!!

What a great superbowl and the "GIANT" win over NE!!! Amazing amazing amazing!!

To all the people who didnt think the Giants had a chance, what a huge victory this was!!!

:love:

Yes what a great superbowl!!! Woo Hoo!!!

And hats off to NE on a awesome season!!! Very impressive!!

We were cheering for the Patriots, but the Giants played an incredible game! They earned their victory. :)

Look for me at the Parade with my boys---

Congratulations Giants! They played a great game.

That was one of the best and most exciting super bowls!
Glad the Giants won!

I was pulling for the Giants, but I do kind of feel badly for the Pats -- to come within 35 seconds of a perfect season, just to see it go "poof". Although, my good will towards the Pats was tempered at bit by Bill Belachuk (sp?) walking off the field. For a second I thought the game would go down as the game the never ended because they couldn't get the last play in.
Go Eli -- that should get the naysayers off his back once & for all.

peichef said:
I was pulling for the Giants, but I do kind of feel badly for the Pats -- to come within 35 seconds of a perfect season, just to see it go "poof". Although, my good will towards the Pats was tempered at bit by Bill Belachuk (sp?) walking off the field. For a second I thought the game would go down as the game the never ended because they couldn't get the last play in.
Go Eli -- that should get the naysayers off his back once & for all.

I thought that was really poor sportsmanship. Even though they lost, they still had a fantastic season & he should have been proud of that. But I was happy to see the Giants win!

I am not a huge football fan, but I really wanted the Giants to win because my husband is SUCH a huge fan. Life is extra pleasant the day after a Giants (or Penn State) win!He's such a sweet guy - he said the reasons they won (besides Manning, Plaxico (and, side note, who names a kid Plaxico???) Burress and Tyree's head catch) were that:
(1) he wore his lucky Giants shirt
(2) we "tricked" our Sunday School class into eating a Giant's football victory cake (I brought a Batter Bowl football cake to class; there was no real chicanery)Hey, if the Giants winning makes him love TPC even more, I definitely consider it a victory :)

I really didn't care who won, until the last 1:15 of the game, when I just sat there going "oh my goodness, oh my goodness...". We were at a party where they had 2 t.v's set up in 2 different rooms, our tv had 5 seconds on the other one so our room was cheering and screaming and the other room was going "what??? What???? what???????". It was pretty funny. What a game. Too bad that Brady and the other coach walked off the field before it was finished, not the greatest example of leadership. It didn't matter whether they thought the game was over or not--it was poor sportsmaniship.

I agree Nanisu. They still had a great season, and even when the Giants played them in Week 17, it was still a very close game.

Pretty ironic, that NE lost to both of the Manning brothers, two years in a row. I think that's partly why they were upset also.

All in all, great game, and we couldn't be happier here in NJ.

vwpamperedchef said:
Pretty ironic, that NE lost to both of the Manning brothers, two years in a row. I think that's partly why they were upset also.

As what my family lovingly (I hope) calls a "less than casual football fan", I didn't even think about the double Manning shutdown until your post.

Well, that just tickles me! :) I'm not a hater in general, but there is just some air of smugness and entitlement about Tom Brady that really makes me happy when he loses (professionally; I don't want to wish him off-the-field ill).

Nanisu said:
I really didn't care who won, until the last 1:15 of the game, when I just sat there going "oh my goodness, oh my goodness...". We were at a party where they had 2 t.v's set up in 2 different rooms, our tv had 5 seconds on the other one so our room was cheering and screaming and the other room was going "what??? What???? what???????". It was pretty funny. What a game. Too bad that Brady and the other coach walked off the field before it was finished, not the greatest example of leadership. It didn't matter whether they thought the game was over or not--it was poor sportsmaniship.

Not that I am a Pats supporter by any means, but I DID see Belichick go on the field to congratulate the Giants coach...then when they were trying to get the last second in, that's when they went to the locker room. But, I don't know if I saw TB go onto the field w/ Belichick.

All I can say is WOW!!! What a game!! I am so happy that the GIANTS WON!! Now I have to bring my son to Sports authority to buy a superbowl hat & shirt. It is going to be CRAZY tomorrow in NYC with the parade!!

I am a Giants fan and thought that this game was awesome but what made it good for me is that both teams played excellent. It wasn't one team or the other "getting lucky" or "having a bad game" or even bad calls. To me, it was the greatest game I have had the pleasure watching. Usually Super Bowl games are lop sided but this was a true GAME!!! The Pats have nothing to be ashamed about.

Before the game started Fox had a segment where they had each player say something in a video piece. The Giants theme was "Resilience" an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change. The Pats had one heck of an incredible season from start to finish and that is not an easy accomplishment. The Giants were resilent and started out poorly. If we could only follow that resilience in our business and our lives...what a victory for us too!

I agree. Both teams played well, with the occasionally mistake. I think it was 2 great teams playing each other. It just happens that the Giants played a little bit better.
My husband said the Pats are probably just embarrassed that they didn't win. I think they should be proud they had such a great season. (I'm not saying I wouldn't be frustrated or embarassed if I was in their shoes.)Congrats Giant Fans! from a fellow Patriots fan.

I'm not a sports fan at all yet I was so nervous for the Giants (my husband is a HUGE fan) - it was unbelievable in those last few minutes. What an awesome end to a fabulous day!! I had a pre-game super bowl PC party and my host signed up!! WAHOO!!

Related to Well, Here's to the 'Giant' Fans!!

1. What made the Giants' victory over the Patriots in the Superbowl so amazing?

The Giants' victory was amazing because they were considered the underdog going into the game. The Patriots were the undefeated team and had a record-breaking offense. But the Giants' defense stepped up and shut down the Patriots' offense, leading to a surprising win.

2. How did the Giants' defense contribute to their victory?

The Giants' defense played a crucial role in the victory by putting pressure on the Patriots' quarterback and making key stops throughout the game. They also had a game-changing interception in the fourth quarter that helped secure the win.

3. What did this victory mean for the Giants and their fans?

This victory was an incredible moment for the Giants and their fans. It proved that anything is possible and that hard work and determination can lead to success, even against all odds. It also brought a sense of pride and joy to the fans, knowing that their team had achieved something truly remarkable.

4. How did the Giants' win over the Patriots impact the sports world?

The Giants' win over the Patriots was seen as one of the biggest upsets in sports history. It showed that even the most dominant teams can be defeated and that every game is unpredictable. It also created a huge buzz in the sports world and will be remembered as a legendary game for years to come.

5. Will the Giants' victory in the Superbowl have any lasting effects on the team?

The Giants' victory in the Superbowl will likely have a lasting impact on the team, as it showed them what they are capable of and the mentality needed to achieve success. It also brought a sense of unity and camaraderie among the players, which can only benefit the team in the future. Additionally, this win will forever be a part of the Giants' legacy and will inspire future generations of players and fans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • KaryCam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
robochick84
  • The_Kitchen_Guy