• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I the Only One Who Isn't Awe Stricken by the "Famous" Pampered Chefers??

In summary, Rennea does not like standing in line to take pictures with famous people. Doris is an amazing woman who has accomplished a lot in her life.
redsoxgirl
This is by no means a dig at anyone, I just don't quite get it.

I was sort of dumbfounded how people stood in line to get their picture taken with Doris and people were goo-goo over Jillian Eisenberg (who's now Grant by the way) and Jean and Marla.

Don't get me wrong, I think these women are amazing and Doris is pretty impressive with what she's accomplished, but they're just women.

I mean, it's not like they're Ben Affleck or something :love: :D

I would have stood in line to get my picture with Jillian, I really like her and I feel I can relate to her more than anyone on those DVD's. I was bummed she was not in my wave, I wont stand in line to get my picture with Teresa Brown, no offense, sure she is great, just not interested.

Kind of like people are crazy about "The Chef" :)

I was way excited about meeting Janet Up North, Chef Becky D, Rae Bates, JAE....oh, wait, you mean those "other" famous PC people.... :D

I would agree on every point except Doris. She is not "just a woman". She built a business that is unparalleled in the DS industry, and did it with integrity, grace and style. If you get a chance, read the biography "The Pampered Chef" - you will be awe-struck after reading it!

HOWEVER - I didn't stand in line to have my picture taken. I told the people I was with any photo-op with me and Doris would have to be unplanned & spontaneous, because I HATE standing in line!

I'm not awe-struck by Jillian (rode in the elevator with her where she admitted to being hung-over one morning!:eek:) - but I was THRILLED that she was the presenter for one of my workshops!

And, Ben who?

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
I was way excited about meeting Janet Up North, Chef Becky D, Rae Bates, JAE....oh, wait, you mean those "other" famous PC people.... :D

That is just way too funny! And, now you know how boring we really are...well, except for Rae....can't imagine Rae ever being boring!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:

See now, I can see myself running over someone from HO and knocking them to the ground to say hello to a fellow cheffer:p:blushing::)

I am reading her book, and I totally admit what Doris has done is amazing. No doubt about it... but I just don't understand the celebrity of her. I suppose she's along the same level as a Bill Gates or someone like that.

And again - nothing against anyone at all! Just a difference of opinion ;)

Ben who.... he's only THE hottest Red Sox fan alive!!!
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bFLfRC8CK76D/340x.jpg

ChefBeckyD said:
That is just way too funny! And, now you know how boring we really are...well, except for Rae....can't imagine Rae ever being boring!

I wouldn't say any of you were boring! Although, Rae's horse trough swimming pool story was, by far, the least boring story I've heard in a while!

rennea said:
See now, I can see myself running over someone from HO and knocking them to the ground to say hello to a fellow cheffer:p:blushing::)

I'm with you! I saw Chef Bobby's name tag on our home office tour on the first day and said, "Are you Chef Bobby? I'm Kathy's_Kitchen!" :p

I also agree that Doris is an amazing woman and I would love to meet her personally. I figure one day I will "earn" that meeting and be doubly honored to shake her hand. :)

rennea said:

LOL! I have to agree with you, Rennea! :D

Doris has done amazing things in her life. She worked hard to get where she is. I always take her picture at conference, but I wouldn't stand in line to take a picture with any of them. They are just hard working people who did what it took to get to the top. For a woman that means even more work. But, I am just not into the picture thing. I wouldn't stand in line to get my picture taken with Ben...or any other famous person either...well, maybe for President Bush. They are no different or better than any of us...except that they have more money...lol

I didn't take a picture sitting in Doris' chair either. And, I don't think you were trying to dig at anyone. People like different things. I always enjoy listening to everyone at conference and I take pictures of people on stage, but thats it.

redsoxgirl said:
I am reading her book, and I totally admit what Doris has done is amazing. No doubt about it... but I just don't understand the celebrity of her. I suppose she's along the same level as a Bill Gates or someone like that.

And again - nothing against anyone at all! Just a difference of opinion ;)

Ben who.... he's only THE hottest Red Sox fan alive!!!
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bFLfRC8CK76D/340x.jpg

that's what I'm talking about~ yum yum

The only one who I was "awe" struck was Ferille(?) Yan..not because of her sales, but because she taught one of my workshops and I was amazed at how easy she made it look. I felt like I was at a carnival. I can see how she got to where she is. I was so fascinated by watching her, I didn't take near as many notes as I wanted or should have:cry:

Bummer- I thought this was another thread about me! :) Kidding... I can't wait until next year when I meet all you famous cheffers, and a few of the famous PC people.

I think Redsocks (Ben Afleck) Fan that it's just neat to meet someone who didn't give up, and made something amazing from something so small, and that's why people like to meet the famous PC people.

I'd get that way if I got to meet Alton Brown, or Bobby Flay, or Robert Stewart... :)

Ben who? What's he done lately.
It's not so much star struck with Doris. And I felt the way you do when I had only been with the company a short time. I had worked for other Co's as a sales rep who had built the company from scratch and looked the same on paper as Doris, and the sales force team was only around 200. I changed my mind the first time I went to NC in 1998. At that time when I took the HO tour, Doris greeted us and gave us a little talk. She kept talking about her "co-workers", it finally dawned on me she was talking about the people down on the floor working on packing boxes, the people answering the phones, the people sweeping the floors!! She called them all her co-workers!!!!! Later in the day, I ran into her, she took the time to stop and chat, learn my name, where I was from etc. Now I'm telling you, I have never had a CEO or any top level management even acknowlege me, sales reps in the business world are expendable, and not even noteworthy!! (Ask any pharm. rep right now!!) And here was a woman who had a sales force of about 60,000 taking the time to stop and chat!!! I don't kneel at her feet, she wouldn't want that, but I do have huge respect for a WOMAN who has built a great company, and gives so much back!! Any time you start a new job, you go thru a period of skeptisim, at some point you "buy in" or leave, for me the buy in happened at the HO tour at NC (almost 2 years after I started), and seeing what this company is all about!

I'm so looking forward to next year too....

Kathy's Kitchen nice meeting you there too!!

pjpamchef said:
It's not so much star struck with Doris. And I felt the way you do when I had only been with the company a short time. I had worked for other Co's as a sales rep who had built the company from scratch and looked the same on paper as Doris, and the sales force team was only around 200. I changed my mind the first time I went to NC in 1998. At that time when I took the HO tour, Doris greeted us and gave us a little talk. She kept talking about her "co-workers", it finally dawned on me she was talking about the people down on the floor working on packing boxes, the people answering the phones, the people sweeping the floors!! She called them all her co-workers!!!!! Later in the day, I ran into her, she took the time to stop and chat, learn my name, where I was from etc. Now I'm telling you, I have never had a CEO or any top level management even acknowlege me, sales reps in the business world are expendable, and not even noteworthy!! (Ask any pharm. rep right now!!) And here was a woman who had a sales force of about 60,000 taking the time to stop and chat!!! I don't kneel at her feet, she wouldn't want that, but I do have huge respect for a WOMAN who has built a great company, and gives so much back!! Any time you start a new job, you go thru a period of skeptisim, at some point you "buy in" or leave, for me the buy in happened at the HO tour at NC (almost 2 years after I started), and seeing what this company is all about!

That is exactly how I feel - thanks for stating it so well!

The only time I did was for when I was a director at leadership and she signed the pampered chef book but that was it and she did signing at the new director breakfast so it wasn't too bad but I totally get what you are saying.

I wouldn't take a picture with Doris (unless it was spontaneous) and I didn't sit in her chair either. Thats just not my thing either.

colegrovet said:
I'm so looking forward to next year too....

Kathy's Kitchen nice meeting you there too!!

My friend, Terry! It was nice meeting you too! Hopefully next year you'll be able to find some other male consultants to split the cost of the room...or, better yet, recruit some of your own to bring with you!

I got my pic taken w/ Doris and Jean in San Fran. But I didn't stand in line for it. I just walked over and asked them if they would mind.

I'm not awe-struck by Jillian (rode in the elevator with her where she admitted to being hung-over one morning!) - but I was THRILLED that she was the presenter for one of my workshops!

I would have been like Jillian, let's PARTY girlfriend!!!! jello-shots all around :)

oops, I didn't get that quote in there right, I am still cs/computer stupid.

I would not have sat in Doris' chair either, not my bag baby!!
I do think she is an amazing woman, however.

I have always been awestruck by Doris. I don't know how you could be with this company and not have some affection toward her! She is such a sweet lady and very humble about her accomplishments. A few years ago, I was able to get my picture taken with her at the Career Club lunch and it is a photo I will always treasure!

AS for the others mentioned...not so much, but I do value what they have all done with their businesses....except maybe Ben Affleck....I haven't heard of him doing any Cooking Shows lately! ;)

chefmeg said:
I have always been awestruck by Doris. I don't know how you could be with this company and not have some affection toward her! She is such a sweet lady and very humble about her accomplishments. A few years ago, I was able to get my picture taken with her at the Career Club lunch and it is a photo I will always treasure!

AS for the others mentioned...not so much, but I do value what they have all done with their businesses....except maybe Ben Affleck....I haven't heard of him doing any Cooking Shows lately! ;)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :) I almost fell off my chair!!!

Can Ben even cook?

Kitchen Diva said:
Can Ben even cook?

Since he was with that "jenny from the block" he's given me the willies!! Sorry don't mean to offend but she is so nasty I just couldn't be excited over anybody who has been "with" her.

Jenny's been around the block a few times. She's a skank, can't stand her.... hope he got an aids test~ oops, did I saw that out loud???
Now he is with DH favorite Jen, Jennifer Garner.

Back on topic.... :p

I was amazed at how people reacted to the "famous" cheffers at the Regional meeting. I just happened to be outside when the line went away so I did go ahead and ask for a pic but really it was only because my Mom told me to! hahah!

p.s. I love Jennifer Garner! Well, I loved Alias, anyway.

I will be in awe of cheffers too :) DH loved Alias too :)

I admire and respect the people who have made the most out of the opportunities and tools we all share. I am awestruck by Doris, because she had a great idea, took risks, implemented and tweaked along the way to build the PC empire.

pjpamchef said:

I agree and feel the same way! You stated it nicely.

Now...I hope some day to get my pic taken with Doris, but I don't know if I would stand in line for it. I want her to KNOW who she's standing beside, so I guess I am saying that I want to "earn" my picture too! (and NO I am not knocking anyone who stood in line to get a picture- we are all different, and different things motivate us!! Thank God, or we would all be so bored with one another....)

My first time meeting Darla Oelmann (my NED) I was glad to get my picture taken, but wasn't "awestruck" as much as I was nervous since she is such a HIGH UP person in PC! Now...fast forward a couple of years...and I have had the opportunity several times to REALLY get to spend time with her. I am still impressed by the business she has built, but now I know that her business is WHERE it is because of WHO she is and how she treats and loves others!! NOW I can say that I would stand in line to go give her a hug...and to get a picture!

rennea said:
Kind of like people are crazy about "The Chef" :)

are you kidding?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a "star stalker", but running into that cutie by chance was a highlight of my trip. Guess i'm a nerd, but waay too fun. Guess you had to be there!;)

merego said:
Jenny's been around the block a few times. She's a skank, can't stand her.... hope he got an aids test~ oops, did I saw that out loud???
Now he is with DH favorite Jen, Jennifer Garner.

Where is your hubby?! He should have put his hand over your mouth...or hands!! LOL!!

J/K!!

pampered.chris said:
Where is your hubby?! He should have put his hand over your mouth...or hands!! LOL!!

J/K!!

Mere- did you accidentally tip that bottle of tequilla in your sweet tea, honey? ;)

I admit it, I'm awestruck...

David Meenan did my first workshop and I about DIED when I saw him standing outside of the door to the room..I mean, freaked out!

Saw jillian at the airport, was awestruck...
Just like if they were movie stars! LOL

chefsteph07 said:
I admit it, I'm awestruck...

David Meenan did my first workshop and I about DIED when I saw him standing outside of the door to the room..I mean, freaked out!

Saw jillian at the airport, was awestruck...
Just like if they were movie stars! LOL
I SOOOO want to meet David someday!!

pampered.chris said:

J/K!!

I KNOW :) , that is why he is afraid to send me to Chicago on my own~ ha ha
Hubby was doing work, he works from home, he was upstairs, I am downstairs and the kids were napping.

Kitchen Diva said:
Mere- did you accidentally tip that bottle of tequilla in your sweet tea, honey? ;)

I'm getting this party started early girls!!!!!!
juioefwds.jpg

KellyTheChef said:
I agree and feel the same way! You stated it nicely.

Now...I hope some day to get my pic taken with Doris, but I don't know if I would stand in line for it. I want her to KNOW who she's standing beside, so I guess I am saying that I want to "earn" my picture too! (and NO I am not knocking anyone who stood in line to get a picture- we are all different, and different things motivate us!! Thank God, or we would all be so bored with one another....)

My first time meeting Darla Oelmann (my NED) I was glad to get my picture taken, but wasn't "awestruck" as much as I was nervous since she is such a HIGH UP person in PC! Now...fast forward a couple of years...and I have had the opportunity several times to REALLY get to spend time with her. I am still impressed by the business she has built, but now I know that her business is WHERE it is because of WHO she is and how she treats and loves others!! NOW I can say that I would stand in line to go give her a hug...and to get a picture!

Kelly!

My director sat next to Darla at the Career Club luncheon. She had NO IDEA it was Darla she was sitting next to until about 2/3 of the way through the lunch, and then she said she started going over everything that she'd said previously....but she kept chatting with her. Then, after the lunch, I saw Jen (My director still sitting and chatting with someone at her table, so I went over to say hi...and ended up sitting and chatting with Darla too for about 15 minutes. She was just like one of us - what a great lady she is!

The year Doris' book came out, I stood in line to get her autograph on the book and a picture with her, but really, I was more excited about getting to chat with her for a brief moment. She made a point of getting to know my first and last name and asked me what my goals for my business were. She challenged me to take the next step and gave me the confidence to do it - I was a FD right after that! I only talked to her for about 10 seconds, but that brief meeting will be forever etched in my brain, and I'm glad I waited in line for that. The picture and signatures are mementos of the occasion, which are nice, but the conversation I had with her was priceless!! :)

Is he teaching Cooking Shows live in action?? sign me up!!!!
Pamperedchef3.jpg

Oh Meredith shame on you!!!!!

I always tell people who send me that email that I always see those guys at NC. They should sign up and join me. LOL!I can't say I am all that awe-struck with anyone other than Doris, Jean, and Marla. And, frankly, it's not so much awe-struck as full of admiration for what they've done and how they conduct themselves. So many people in their positions would seem totally unapproachable, but they seem like the kind of women who would be really fun to go to lunch with.Finally, I'm glad some of you think I'm not boring. I can't remember every being described as boring. Odd, weird, strange, long-winded, overly-perky, and/or bizarre, sure. Boring? Nope.

merego said:
I SOOOO want to meet David someday!!

I sat with him at breakfast on the Atlantis trip last year. I must admit I was thinking to myself "How cool that we're sitting next to David Meenan!" SOOO many people kept coming up to him asking him how does his amazing sales. He was very modest and said "By working my business just like you did in order to earn this trip!"

I am one of the awestruck ones. Doris is so inspirational. For those who haven't read her book, it's so cool to read the history of PC. I met her at a booking signing when she released her book and she is SO down to earth. She signed my two copies and I got a picture with her. My only picture with her is that one. I don't like standing in lines either.

I greatly admire the top performers we hear so much about. I KNOW they work their business VERY hard and consistently and that's why I'm in awe. Plus I think about it this way.....we ALL start off with the same exact kit, tools, training materials, etc. Look what some of them have done with their business! That's what's awe-inspiring to me.:) Just my two cents.:D

IMHO- Ben Affleck doesn't do anything to empower women....to me Doris is Amazing...do you see how MANY WOMEN & now MEN are at conference? That is all because of her "little kitchen tools" she started selling out of her home. An idea she had and look at what it turned in to. To me that is very inspiring and powerful. As for Jillian...I am impressed at how successful she has become in this business at such a young age... "I think that is something to see especially if you are a young women who thinks I could never do this"....Jean & Marla...well they are just funny and "Jean & Marla"...
I hope you don't take this post the wrong way..I have nothing against Ben Affleck, but he just is another actor to me...
I just like to be in the presence of successful women and would stand in line to get a piece of knowledge from any of those women... :)

cathyskitchen said:
The year Doris' book came out, I stood in line to get her autograph on the book and a picture with her, but really, I was more excited about getting to chat with her for a brief moment. She made a point of getting to know my first and last name and asked me what my goals for my business were. She challenged me to take the next step and gave me the confidence to do it - I was a FD right after that! I only talked to her for about 10 seconds, but that brief meeting will be forever etched in my brain, and I'm glad I waited in line for that. The picture and signatures are mementos of the occasion, which are nice, but the conversation I had with her was priceless!! :)

Exacty!!! :thumbup:

There are also MANY inspiring women on this site that give me knowledge and wisdom everyday...and I hope to meet them and be in their presence one day :)

rennea said:
Oh Meredith shame on you!!!!!

Yes, and more shame coming from me on you. Girl what is wrong with you? Have you flipped your lid packing for NC? :eek:

merego said:
Is he teaching Cooking Shows live in action?? sign me up!!!!
Pamperedchef3.jpg

OH that's good! LOL!!! Love it! What magazine are you looking at? LOL!

<h2>1. Why are people so obsessed with the "famous" Pampered Chefers?</h2><p>It's natural for people to admire and look up to successful individuals, and the Pampered Chef consultants have achieved a lot in their careers. Their dedication and hard work have made them leaders in the company, and many people find their stories inspiring.</p><h2>2. What makes these Pampered Chef consultants stand out?</h2><p>These consultants have not only achieved success in their business, but they have also made a positive impact in the lives of others. They are known for their exceptional cooking skills and their ability to teach others how to use Pampered Chef products effectively.</p><h2>3. Is it worth waiting in line to meet them?</h2><p>That's a personal choice. Some people are huge fans and want to get a chance to meet their role models in person. Others may not feel the same level of excitement and may choose not to wait in line.</p><h2>4. Are they really that impressive?</h2><p>Yes, they are! These women have built successful businesses, and they continue to share their knowledge and skills with others. Their success is a testament to their hard work and dedication.</p><h2>5. Is it just a fad or is there something special about these Pampered Chef consultants?</h2><p>Pampered Chef has been around for over 40 years, and these consultants have been a part of its growth and success. They have a genuine passion for cooking and helping others, and that's what makes them stand out. It's not just a fad, but a genuine love for the products and the company.</p>

1. Why are people so obsessed with the "famous" Pampered Chefers?

It's natural for people to admire and look up to successful individuals, and the Pampered Chef consultants have achieved a lot in their careers. Their dedication and hard work have made them leaders in the company, and many people find their stories inspiring.

2. What makes these Pampered Chef consultants stand out?

These consultants have not only achieved success in their business, but they have also made a positive impact in the lives of others. They are known for their exceptional cooking skills and their ability to teach others how to use Pampered Chef products effectively.

3. Is it worth waiting in line to meet them?

That's a personal choice. Some people are huge fans and want to get a chance to meet their role models in person. Others may not feel the same level of excitement and may choose not to wait in line.

4. Are they really that impressive?

Yes, they are! These women have built successful businesses, and they continue to share their knowledge and skills with others. Their success is a testament to their hard work and dedication.

5. Is it just a fad or is there something special about these Pampered Chef consultants?

Pampered Chef has been around for over 40 years, and these consultants have been a part of its growth and success. They have a genuine passion for cooking and helping others, and that's what makes them stand out. It's not just a fad, but a genuine love for the products and the company.

Back