• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weeknight Show - What's a Good Time?

In summary, hosts often find success with weeknight shows, with start times typically being 6:30 or 7pm. This allows for guests to have enough time to get home and change after work, while also not going too late on a "school night." The suggested date for the show is Monday, June 30th, but it is noted that it may be risky to wait until then to stay active. Spur of the moment shows can also be successful, as demonstrated by a recent experience of one of the hosts. Ultimately, there is no perfect day or time for a show, but weeknights tend to work well during the summer season.
hmolah
Hello all-

I had a lady come up to me today and wants to host a show. I'm trying to get her on my June calendar since I'm trying to get that $200 to keep from inactivity. (See previous posts for explanation.) But, she is off only on Sunday's and Monday's. Now, with it getting later in the month, I want to give her ample time to get the word out. So, I was thinking that Monday June 30th would be good. I have an open house the night before (Sunday) and so that date is not available. I don't want to do it any sooner for fear that everyone (especially this time of year) will have plans.

I know that week night shows can be a good get-away during the week, but I don't know what is a good time to schedule it. She is really open, so wants me to decide what would be the best time. Keeping in mind that people work until 5, and then may need to commute or go home first, what is a good time that you would suggest?

I'm taking her host packet to her tomorrow, so I need to have her planner filled out and I need to have it figure it myself! lol Sadly, I'm so out of 'show shape' that I can't figure out a good time! I don't want to screw this one up either!

Thanks!

I usually give my hosts a choice of 6:30 or 7:00. That gives plenty of time for most people to get home and change clothes before coming to the show. It also keeps it from going too late on a "school night."

For weeknights I offer 6:30 or 7pm start time always.

I do a lot of weeknight shows and always start them at 7pm

I always ask if 6:30 or 7pm would work better for them. Mine are half and half.

My hosts always wanted their shows to start around 6:30 or 6:45 or 7:00 pm at the latest! :) Have a great show!

Wow, ok! The consensus say....lol Sounds great! That was what I was thinking. Hopefully Monday's are good. It seems odd, but hey, why not start off the work week with a party? lol

Thanks everyone!

I often do Monday shows. Have one scheduled for this coming Monday, as a matter of fact. They're usually very successful for me.

weeknight shows are great. I usually start mine at 7 pm

I usually start at 7 p.m. If you need this to stay active, make sure you close that night, too.

6:30 or 7:00 depending on where they live. If they are close to my house, I'll do 6:30. If it's a little drive away, I'll do 7:00 so I don't have to hit rush hour traffic.

If I were you I would do the party on the 22nd or 23rd. One week is plenty of time for her if she's that excited about her party. This will also give you enough time to close the party without too much stress.

weeknights have been the best for me also....6:30 or 7:00

Really? I don't do hardly any weeknights, due to family schedules, but I do have one scheduled for Monday and she's got about 10 confirmed, I'm hoping it is a good one! I wonder why weeknights are better?

Weeknights are definitely good during the summer. Too many people are
busy on weekends with all sorts of places to go and starting or ending
vacations. I agree that it would be risky to wait until June 30th, if you
are trying to stay active.

I personally have done spur of the moment parties with just phone calls
for invites and it worked out fine. Tonight's hostess called me while I was
on vacation, June 4th, and asked for tonight's date. She pulled it off, and
we all had a great time. It will just make $200 in commissionable sales,
and it keeps me "alive" for another month. I'm still planning to get in another
show between our multiple travels this month, but at least I have this one,
and can breathe easier when we are traveling away from home. In that case,
I do spur of the moment shows wherever I am and can get a few folks to come to our RV. We meet a lot of interesting people that way.

Good luck in staying active.

chefsteph07 said:
Really? I don't do hardly any weeknights, due to family schedules, but I do have one scheduled for Monday and she's got about 10 confirmed, I'm hoping it is a good one! I wonder why weeknights are better?

As I often tell hosts, there's no perfect day or time. There's also, generally speaking, no bad day or time. I tell them to find what works for their schedule and run with it.

We start our shows at 7:30 (a few have been 8pm by request) this gives people time to eat and put the children to bed and then come out and enjoy themselves!

I normally start mine at 7p but have done a few at 6:30p. I prefer weeknight shows (I don't offer Sat or Sun) and they seem to be pretty good. It doesn't really matter which day or time you have a show as long as the host does her job. Really do some host coaching to ensure this will happen.

7pmI tried 6:30pm and it seemed that folks expected more of a meal. 7pm tells them it's definitely after dinner and to expect a taste, not a meal.

7 p.m. for me. I tried a couple 6 p.m. shows but I was very rushed after work (I get off at 3) and didn't like it as well for myself.

I start my weeknight shows at 7 pm

Most of my shows are at 6:30, in fact my show last night was 7 pm and I am so used to 6:30 shows that I showed up at her house, just a little before 6pm! Luckily we know each other and I met her through some mutual friends and they are all really great people! When I realized that I was early, she said "don't worry about it! Just gives us more time to chat!":D

What time do people finish work over in the States?!?! If we held shows any earlier than 7.30 people would kick off big style!

pamperedthorpe said:
What time do people finish work over in the States?!?! If we held shows any earlier than 7.30 people would kick off big style!

people generally get off work sometime between 5-6, so 6:30 or 7 gives them just enough time to go home, change if they want, freshen up and get back out the door!

Most of our guests want dinner before they come out! ;)

I find that most people on a weeknight want something around 7PM, and my weekend shows end up being around 12:30PM or 2:00PM. Which is fine with me, I like having my weekend-nights free!

In the past 6 years I've probably only done 10 weekend shows. They just don't work for my family. I start my weeknight shows at 7:05. I start my shows at odd times because people will remember them!

Chef Kearns said:
If I were you I would do the party on the 22nd or 23rd. One week is plenty of time for her if she's that excited about her party. This will also give you enough time to close the party without too much stress.

I started this rule a couple of years ago. I always close on the night of the show. No hesitiation. Any extra orders get turned into a catalog show. I always brief my hosts ahead of time! I like to move on to my next show when one finishes! :)

Wow, thanks for all of the advice! I appreciate it! I think I will see what time works best for her. She is holding it at a club house and plans to invite a lot of people.

She is really eager and I'm grateful for finding her. I do have an Open House the night before, and a bunch of guys from DH's work want to buy things for their wives, etc. I think I'll be ok with the $200. I've got 3 potential recruits and 6 potential shows all just in a week's time. I made a vow to myself after attending a meeting last Sat/Sun and meeting Barbara Duke that the only thing stopping me from being her someday and doing this full time is me. So, in a new place and been here for about 8-9 weeks, I'm talking to EVERYONE and wearing a lot of PC logowear. Amazing what that does.

DH is so helpful too. His barber is a female (he goes to sport's clips) and she wants to host and is thinking about the opportunity as a way to boost income! Having him support my biz when I'm not there helps me a lot!!! Anyway, I can and will do this! I plan to promote to the big 'D' by Oct. 1!!! I will do it too! :) I'm so confident I love it!

Thank you all for your help and input. Getting my wheels turning sometimes takes the help of others! Thanks!

1. What is a Weeknight Show?

A Weeknight Show is a virtual cooking demonstration hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It is typically held on a weeknight evening and features quick and easy recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes.

2. What time should I schedule my Weeknight Show?

The best time to schedule a Weeknight Show is between 6-8pm, as this is when most people are home from work and able to tune in. However, you can choose a time that works best for you and your guests.

3. How long does a Weeknight Show typically last?

A Weeknight Show usually lasts about an hour, including time for the cooking demonstration and any questions or discussion afterwards. However, the length can vary depending on the number of guests and level of engagement.

4. Can I invite friends and family from different time zones to my Weeknight Show?

Yes, the great thing about a virtual Weeknight Show is that guests from different time zones can still attend and participate. Just make sure to communicate the time and time zone clearly so everyone knows when to tune in.

5. Do I need to purchase any products to attend a Weeknight Show?

No, you do not need to purchase any products to attend a Weeknight Show. However, if you see something you like during the demonstration, you can make a purchase through your consultant or directly through the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
kam
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies