• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show This Morning Not Looking Good

In summary, the host had a small show and managed to get 4 guests. Two were interested in upcoming fundraising events and one placed an order over $100.
babywings76
Gold Member
Just need to vent...

My host almost cancelled, I almost wished she would. She may only have 2 people. She is the one that won a "free" show at my open house, she's also a friend from church. She invited so many of the same people that I've invited to things (mainly friends from church) I tried to have her go over her 50 in 5 minutes, she claimed she did. I sent her invitations, so I know there were only a few people outside of church that she invited. She invited her neighbors and one, maybe 2 are coming. Her mom is coming from out of town. Everyone else can't come and say they'll look on-line or at a catalog. She also has a daughter who is having some health issues and has a dr. appt. this morning. I offered to reschedule so she wouldn't be stressed out with dealing with the show on top of that, but she decided to just keep it as is. Well, I guess that's good, so it's over and done with and I don't have to do invitations for her again. I hope she can get enough orders to make this show worth it to me. Wish me luck this morning, so that hopefully the ones who come order things! On the bright side, I figure this is good practice for me anyway. And she has a small kitchen and set up, so it's good for me to practice how to handle that.

Sorry to vent, thanks for bearing with me!

Good Luck Amanda, and let us know how it went - Keep your chin up chick, ya NEVER know! 2 people might not be a huge show, BUT you could have 2 more bookings or a possible recruit!! ;) - Have fun!!!

Small shows like this can be discouraging, but as mentioned above, it's also an excellent opportunity to not be in "show mode" and talk more one on one with the 2 there about the opportunity and of course, bookings. Be sure to really talk up the outside orders to your host before you leave, and encourage her to contact everyone she invited and to let them know that it's not too late to order because she is keeping her show open for a few days - just for them! (Makes them feel special, and almost obligated.) Sneaky, I know.

Sometimes small shows are the most fun.

I wanted to comment on the small kitchen. You do not have to do the show in the kitchen. I do most of them there now but when I started, 70% of them were done in the living room/great room/family room part of the house. Just set up a table and do it where the group will fit. (In this case, the kitchen will probably work just fine but if you have a small kitchen and a larger group...)

BethCooks4U said:
Sometimes small shows are the most fun.

I wanted to comment on the small kitchen. You do not have to do the show in the kitchen. I do most of them there now but when I started, 70% of them were done in the living room/great room/family room part of the house. Just set up a table and do it where the group will fit. (In this case, the kitchen will probably work just fine but if you have a small kitchen and a larger group...)

Like Beth said - I have to say , I rarely do my shows in the kitchen - mostly dens and livingrooms - the host supplies a large table and we do it there - then the food is in the oven and all eyes are on me or the catalog! Food is cooked, served, and I clean up and take orders -

Okay, I'm here to report...

It ended up pretty well and I'm glad she did it. She told me at the last minute 2 more people said they were coming. So she had 4 guests there. One was a neighbor and she ended up being interested in a fundraiser for March or April, so that was exciting for me. :) She also placed an order over $100. Yeah! I was so happy, cause then I knew her show would at least qualify. Then her mom ordered over $60 and has a list of things she wants her husband to know about and place a gift order for her. lol Another guest came that I was surprised about, because her sister is hosting a show next month and I figured she'd want to spend her money there at that show. Proves me wrong to prejudge!

My host also has 8 people who said they want to see a catalog and/or shop on-line. We are leaving it open til Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. I know the odds aren't in her favor, but you never know. One of the guests there had to leave early and said she would definitely be placing an order, so at least one more will be coming in.

As far as her small kitchen/apartment, it all worked out. One concern I had was about doing this recipe (Spinach Carbonara Pizza) there because I wanted to demo the cookware when I cooked the bacon. Also, bringing the pizza in and out of the oven and to the room for the prebaking, etc. made me wonder how the demo would flow. But we were in her dining room, just off the kitchen, so my host just kept checking on it every now and then. It worked out just fine. And like you guys mentioned, because it was a small group, it was more relaxed and was great practice for me.

Thanks for the encouragement and support everyone! :)

I am so glad it turned out positive. And profitable. I have judged before and got it wrong.. at least it is a positive outcome. Let us know the final total if you would.

Sometimes the smaller shows are a lot of fun! Sometimes not! It sounds like it turned out good. I've had a show or two in my 9 1/2 years where you have a big crowd and you still have low sales, because everyone orders about 10-15 dollars worth of stuff!
Oh well! I'm happy it turned out being a relaxed group and I hope that the sales really go up for you. Make sure you tell your host to check with those people who want to order. Sometimes if you wait on them, they'll never get around to ordering. It's just the way life is, we get busy and don't always call when we are suppossed to, but if someone reminds us, there is a better chance we'll go ahead and order!;):)

Glad to hear it went well. I sometimes notice that smaller shows are my better shows. It's more personal and tend to get more bookings. NEVER shoot down a show before it happens! You never know what will happen.

One tip is I always encourage my host to collect orders before their show. I offer the RUFTH trivet with 7 orders before their show. That way you know they are trying before the show and don't have to wait for so many people after the show.

I had a show that started like that... host: "Well, I don't know if I should cancel or not, the only people who say they can come are my sisters..."She ended up keeping it on, and ended up with over $1000 in sales.

I always think about this one show. Called me and said I don't want you to come all the way out here just for me and my mom....
End result Tons of fun and $700 in sales when we closed.
Better yet I can trace at LEAST 35 parties and 1 recruit to THAT show.
Best yet. 2 awesome new friends whom I ADORE!
Never say no :)

Related to Show This Morning Not Looking Good

1. What is "Show This Morning Not Looking Good"?

"Show This Morning Not Looking Good" is a popular phrase used in the Pampered Chef community to describe a cooking show that is not going as planned. It could be due to technical difficulties, recipe mishaps, or other unexpected challenges.

2. Can I still make sales if my show is not looking good?

Absolutely! While a smooth and successful show is ideal, customers understand that things don't always go according to plan. As long as you are still able to showcase the products and share their benefits, you can still make sales and earn commission.

3. How can I handle a "Show This Morning Not Looking Good" situation?

The key is to stay calm and positive. Try to troubleshoot any technical issues and adapt to any recipe mishaps. Also, be transparent with your audience and acknowledge the challenges you are facing. Your authenticity and resilience will impress your customers.

4. Will Pampered Chef provide support if my show is not looking good?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a dedicated support team to assist with any technical difficulties during your show. You can also reach out to your upline or other consultants for advice and support.

5. Is it okay to reschedule or cancel a "Show This Morning Not Looking Good"?

If the situation is completely out of your control and you are unable to continue with the show, it is okay to reschedule or cancel. However, it is important to communicate with your host and customers as soon as possible to apologize for the inconvenience and offer alternate options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Becca_in_MD