• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Washed Checks--Anyone Done This?

In summary, the author put a bunch of checks in his pocket to take to the bank, but then his younger daughter threw up all over herself and his seat on the way there, so he dropped his daughter off at preschool and went straight home. He spent the evening and morning apologizing to all the people whose checks he washed, and then spent the evening and morning calling all the people to ask for another check.
Brandie
Good morning! Just thought I'd share a human interest story!

I put a big bunch of checks in my jeans pocket to take to the bank after I dropped my daughter Emma off at preschool yesterday, but then my younger daughter Georgia threw up all over herself and her seat on the way there, so I dropped Emma off and went straight home. Once home, I got Georgia out, and she promptly threw up on me. So I stripped all of our clothes off and threw them into the wash. It was only when I got the laundry out and realized that there was a bunch of cash and a wad of yucky paper that I remembered I had planned on going to the bank...

I spent a good deal of the evening yesterday and the morning this morning calling all the people whose checks I washed to apologize profusely and ask for another check! Everyone was really nice about it (actually, everyone laughed), but it was pretty embarassing!

I've washed a paycheck before. I carried it back into work in a baggie. EVERYONE laughed at me. I'm the Queen of dopey stuff like that, so they shouldn't have been surprised! LOL!

Oh no! Sorry you got thrown up on. I've BTDT.

Thankfully all your customers were understanding!

Ewwww! Glad everyone was understanding. Is Georgia feeling better?

Sorry about the checks. Just be careful about your daughter being sick. My daughter has the Roto Virus and was even hospitalized for 3 days this weekend. Hope it is not this eveil virus and she has a speedy recovery!

Sorry about the checks....what a mess!

Sidenote: Rae, LOVE the smily...very funny!

Actually, I thought I had done it one time. I had been searching high and low for one girls check. When I was taking laundry out of the dryer, I noticed some pieces of paper. Well, my apron was in that load so I just knew that is what it was. I called her and she gave me her debit card number. Turns out, months later, I found it in the bottom of a big basket I keep in my closet with all my extra door prizes (I don't take this basket to shows). I felt like such a dork. I still have no idea what it was that I did wash!

So you are a money launderer!!! I am calling the police!

I haven't done this yes( hopefully I won't) I am sorry about you little girl throwing up all over you...... Hope she feels better soon.....

Just went to the doctor--she has an ear infection to boot! Poor thing. She's pretty miserable. I know about the rotavirus; we thought my other daughter had it last February, but it turned out to be something else.

Rae, where on earth did you find the puking icons? Funny, but gross. Just the type of thing I expect from my twin...

I had a show in the nastiest kitchen (clutter and dirt everywhere) and she had to clear me a spot on the counter just to put a few items out for display. The guests all wrote their checks to her, and for some reason I thought that would be okay. I left the checks with her, then she wouldn't pay me the big check because she said that I lost all the smaller checks. I checked everything I had, but no checks. I knew that I left them with her and all the guests did too. Why would I take checks not even written to me?

I had to call all the guests, and get new checks written to me. I just had one of the guests at my show on Monday and she asked if she was only going to have to write one check this time. I was embarressed until she said "Don't worry, we all know they are still in _________'s kitchen with the dying animals!" LMAO!!

I am glad they don't think it is my fault!

gilliandanielle said:
I had a show in the nastiest kitchen (clutter and dirt everywhere) and she had to clear me a spot on the counter just to put a few items out for display. The guests all wrote their checks to her, and for some reason I thought that would be okay. I left the checks with her, then she wouldn't pay me the big check because she said that I lost all the smaller checks. I checked everything I had, but no checks. I knew that I left them with her and all the guests did too. Why would I take checks not even written to me?

I had to call all the guests, and get new checks written to me. I just had one of the guests at my show on Monday and she asked if she was only going to have to write one check this time. I was embarressed until she said "Don't worry, we all know they are still in _________'s kitchen with the dying animals!" LMAO!!

I am glad they don't think it is my fault!

I can completely relate to that story! I had a host with 6 cats (I'm not a cat person - I'm allergic), and I swear she only had one catbox. Her house stunk! And she had mold growing INSIDE the refrigerator. There was no way I was giving her any responsibility for her show. (The sad part is that I worked with her at my day job, so I still had to see her on a fiarly regular basis.)

I seriously thought you were talking about something illegal for a minute! Like washing their checks and writing a different amount! I'm such a dodo! Like if you WERE doing that, you'd post it on a public forum! LOL!

I haven't washed one, but I have had one eaten by Holly the Husky! Thankfully it was a friend, because I didn't want to explain that to a stranger!

Brandie said:
Just went to the doctor--she has an ear infection to boot! Poor thing. She's pretty miserable. I know about the rotavirus; we thought my other daughter had it last February, but it turned out to be something else.

Rae, where on earth did you find the puking icons? Funny, but gross. Just the type of thing I expect from my twin...

Poor little thing. (And, poor little mommy!) Hope she gets better very soon.

Those icons came from freesmilies.org. If you click on them you'll head straight to the site. I knew you'd appreciate that one.

sarahmarie said:
So you are a money launderer!!! I am calling the police!
Cute! Very Cute!:)

I washed my DH's wallet!!! :eek: My first clue was when I opened the washing machine & picked out $62. :D I was doing a happy dance over that because my rule is I can lay claim to my choice of items that I find in the washer if people don't empty their pockets. ;) DH was not amused that I washed his wallet especially because his unemployment check was in it!!! :mad: He had to go to the unemployment office & request a new one & fill out a form explaining why. :eek: I didn't go with him. There was NO trace of the check. Not even a little tiny bit.:confused:

1. What is a "washed check" in the context of Pampered Chef?

A "washed check" refers to a check that has been accidentally put through the washing machine or exposed to water, causing the ink to run and making the check difficult to read.

2. Can a washed check still be deposited or cashed?

In most cases, a washed check can still be deposited or cashed by the recipient. However, the bank may require additional verification or may charge a fee for processing a washed check.

3. How can I prevent a check from getting washed?

To prevent a check from getting washed, it is recommended to use a check protector or to write the check using gel ink, which is more resistant to water damage.

4. What should I do if I accidentally wash a check?

If you accidentally wash a check, it is important to contact the recipient and inform them of the situation. They may request a new check or request additional verification before processing the washed check.

5. Can Pampered Chef replace a washed check?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef is not responsible for replacing washed checks. It is the responsibility of the check writer to ensure that the check is legible and can be processed by the recipient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiffanypc05
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies