• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Replacement Parts for your Chilzanne Rec - Warranty Info

In summary, a consultant has a friend who has a broken lid on her Chilzanne Rec and is within the warranty period. The consultant usually takes care of getting info and instructions for a customer, but since it has to go through multiple people, she would prefer the customer handle it herself. The customer would only have to pay for shipping for the broken lid to be sent back to the company for replacement. The consultant provides the number 1-888-OUR-CHEF for the customer to call and take care of the replacement. The consultant also shares a story about a customer who would not take care of an issue herself, causing complications with the return process. The consultant clarifies that consultants are not supposed to handle these types of
kam
Staff member
I should know this....

I have a friend of a friend of a host who has a broken lid on her Chilzanne Rec. I am told it is only a year old (so within warranty period).

I guess normally I take care of getting the info/instructions/ref# for a customer, but since it has to go through so many people, I would prefer her to take care of it herself.

My questions:
1. Since it is under warranty (but after 30 days) she would only have to pay shipping to get the broken lid to PC?
2. She would not pay anything (even S&H) on the replacement part?
3. What number do I give her to call?? I was told never to give out the number I call, but didn't know the customer number.

Any help is appreciated!!!

1-888-OUR-CHEF is the number that she should call. She can get it replaced, just has to send it back and pay for shipping. If she gets a replacement part, she pays for the lid plus local sales tax but no shipping. Have her call and talk to them, consultants technically aren't supposed to take care of items like this. I do only for my own hosts.

I have a woman who's hosting for me in March and one of her non-stick pans is peeling. When I mentioned she should call the company, she got all attitude-y with me (not to be confused with Tootie on The Facts of Life).

Why do people think they'er above doing things like this? I would totally call and do it myself if I was a customer.

I told her I'd take care of it in the end.

If it's a lifetime warranty issue, I would have her take care of it herself. I usually point to their receipt which gives them a number to call.

I had a customer once who wouldn't do anything herself. Even having FedEx pick the product up from her instead of me. She drove 20 minute round trip to drop the product off on my porch and made me do everything. I almost had a mess up wehre FedEx didn't think the product was on my porch. Turned out the guy found it after he left me a message but didn't call back to say he found it. I will NEVER again take a product from a customer because of this. I will share this story with them if they don't agree with me. I will call for them if they insist but I'll send FedEx to them to get it. Funny part, it was even within the 30 days so all she had to do was find a box to put it in.

Last edited:
When I have someone contact me with a request for a third party, I pass along the number. But someone who is one of my customers or hosts is easier to deal with, because I can look up their info. I will usually call for them, get a reference number, and then call the customer to give them that information and have them handle it from there.If HO needs the original back, they'll say so when you (or the guest) call. Sometimes they want just the broken piece, sometimes they want the whole thing. That's why it's better to have customers call - because they get it straight from the horse's mouth.

She flipped when I mentioned her receipt.

Everyone I've ever talked to (before signing up and now) thinks it's stupid that they need their reciept and that the company should have all that info in the system. "And besides - it says Pampered Chef on it so they should take it back!"

wadesgirl said:
1-888-OUR-CHEF is the number that she should call. She can get it replaced, just has to send it back and pay for shipping. If she gets a replacement part, she pays for the lid plus local sales tax but no shipping. Have her call and talk to them, consultants technically aren't supposed to take care of items like this. I do only for my own hosts.

I thought we weren't supposed to give out this number?? I always thought there were 2 different numbers...

I started taking care of a few of the items since I was new and wanted to see what the process was so I could better explain it.

I don't have a problem dealing with the 30-day items since they ship free back and it is pretty straight forward.

Thanks!

kam said:
I thought we weren't supposed to give out this number?? I always thought there were 2 different numbers...

I started taking care of a few of the items since I was new and wanted to see what the process was so I could better explain it.

I don't have a problem dealing with the 30-day items since they ship free back and it is pretty straight forward.

Thanks!

There is a different number for lifetime warranty issues but this is the number I always give, it's on the receipt.

PC asks for the receipt in case it's an item you bought at a garage sale, ebay, etc. Or to prove that it's still within the warranty. I agree with their policy, they have the right to handle these issues as they see. I just need to get better at reminding people to save their receipts. I never had a chance to get the stamp from Nancy's, maybe I should see if someone has one in the Marketplace

redsoxgirl said:
She flipped when I mentioned her receipt.

Everyone I've ever talked to (before signing up and now) thinks it's stupid that they need their reciept and that the company should have all that info in the system. "And besides - it says Pampered Chef on it so they should take it back!"
Some customers think we have a lifetime warranty on everything, and they therefore don't need their receipt ever. It's aggravating. :grumpy:

kam said:
Nope, same number. That's why when you call from a number that they don't recognize, it asks for you to press a number if you're a consultant and another if you're a customer.

chefann said:
When I have someone contact me with a request for a third party, I pass along the number. But someone who is one of my customers or hosts is easier to deal with, because I can look up their info. I will usually call for them, get a reference number, and then call the customer to give them that information and have them handle it from there.

If HO needs the original back, they'll say so when you (or the guest) call. Sometimes they want just the broken piece, sometimes they want the whole thing. That's why it's better to have customers call - because they get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Yes, I have done this with an item ordered from me, and one item that was ordered from a show my director did. I just passed along the info from HO(ref# and all) and let them ship the item back. Though, I worry about them assuming I will ship the item back, so I have to be clear about this.

chefann said:
Nope, same number. That's why when you call from a number that they don't recognize, it asks for you to press a number if you're a consultant and another if you're a customer.

Now that I think about it, when I have had to call from work, it does ask if I am a consultant or customer!
THANKS!

Vent! Kinda long. But lesson to be learned.Actually, I am sitting here thinking to myself that I don't mind handling returns and what not. But, I now have a customer that is making me re-think this....As we are going back and forth debating letting customers do this themselves or not...here is my story:

Let's call my guest Bonnie. She orders from Host A. She does not want to pay shipping so she gets someone to combine orders with her.

I do a show for Host B. Bonnie tells me she has a problem with a Batter bowl lid. I ask her when she ordered, etc and she tells me from Host B's show. I tell her I don't remember her ordering from Host B. Well, she didn't. She got Host B to put her Batter bowl on the host order. So now, how does she call pretending she's the host? And, to top this off, Host B lives an hour away, so obviously we don't want the replacement shipped to Host B. So I call as the consultant, saying the item is from the host order, but since I am helping my host, please ship the replacement to me.

Now, Bonnie brings me in a Bamboo spoon that has a rough spot. It is like a little bit is breaking off near the handle and she wants me to find out if this is normal or should be replaced. She ordered this from Host A - and since her order is combined - I need to find out whose name this is under! UGH! I just found this out and have yet to call HO on this.

NOW THE KICKER: I have Host C who is collecting an order from Bonnie. Bonnie asks me to find out if I can combine her order with someone elses. I tell her I cannot do that or make that assumption. There are warranty issues and it is better to have it in your own name. Well, she says these aren't big items and warranty doesn't really matter. She then wants ME to ask another guest if she could put her order on theirs!!! I tell her no way. She can ask and combine with someone - but it needs to be arranged with that person and handed to me as one order.

So, who can guess that she will have a problem with one of the items in this order and I will be doing the same thing!!!

So, even though I am thinking I don't mind handling returns...since I did the first one for her, I am now stuck with the rest. This gets so tricky with her trying to avoid the $4 that these things keep going in everyone elses name!

OK, vent over!

Kathleen, that's exactly why I don't let customers combine orders. If they do it on their own and I'm not aware of it, then they'll get away with it. Until one has a problem (and it's ALWAYS the person whose name is not on the receipt).There used to be a sentence on the back of the receipts that consultants were not allowed to accept returns. It hasn't been there for a couple of years, and I wish it was. Because then, we can point to it and have a leg to stand on when we tell customers to handle it themselves. <end rant>And I have another comment about Bonnie's purchase: by placing it on the host's order, the host didn't get credit for it. That may have been the $20 that she needed to get to another level. For that reason alone, you shouldn't let customers put their orders with the host's.

chefann said:
Kathleen, that's exactly why I don't let customers combine orders. If they do it on their own and I'm not aware of it, then they'll get away with it. Until one has a problem (and it's ALWAYS the person whose name is not on the receipt).

There used to be a sentence on the back of the receipts that consultants were not allowed to accept returns. It hasn't been there for a couple of years, and I wish it was. Because then, we can point to it and have a leg to stand on when we tell customers to handle it themselves. <end rant>

And I have another comment about Bonnie's purchase: by placing it on the host's order, the host didn't get credit for it. That may have been the $20 that she needed to get to another level. For that reason alone, you shouldn't let customers put their orders with the host's.

Yes, I now find myself discouraging combining orders.

And I had NO IDEA her order was on the host's order. The host never even let on that it was for someone else. I think the host felt pressured to put it on the order. (And I was a little peeved that she probably got the host discount to boot! - I can't see the host taking the full price for that item).

I think this gal will do anything to avoid paying the shipping. She is STILL asking me about putting her current order on someone else's! I told her I could not get involved with that. If she found someone who would order them items for her, then that was up to her.

Last edited:
I would tell Bonnie that while you let her the first and second time, you cannot continue to let her abuse the system. PC is set up so everyone can enjoy great products at a great price, not scam the system. If she doesn't want to pay shipping on her order, then she needs to host her own show! :D

All kidding aside, I would tell her that point blank. It sounds like she isn't even ordering that much to give you all this trouble. I would have her call the number herself and explain the situation to HO and have them tell her the same thing.

Ugh! Doesn't that stink when customers are such penny-pinchers? I could see if our shipping costs were really high, like some companies. The only time I combine is when someone's ordering something that's $10 or less, because in that case the shipping would be 40%. Yikes!Wouldn't it be nice to tell Bonnie that she has to handle all of her warranty issues herself, so she has to tell HO that she combined her order with someone else's? <insert evil laugh here>

chefann said:
Ugh! Doesn't that stink when customers are such penny-pinchers? I could see if our shipping costs were really high, like some companies. The only time I combine is when someone's ordering something that's $10 or less, because in that case the shipping would be 40%. Yikes!

Wouldn't it be nice to tell Bonnie that she has to handle all of her warranty issues herself, so she has to tell HO that she combined her order with someone else's? <insert evil laugh here>

I went to a food-buying party last week and shipping was $6.99 for up to $50 in products and then after that it was 10% of the total. Granted - the items are shipped to you, not the host, but it still seemed excessive!

chefann said:
Ugh! Doesn't that stink when customers are such penny-pinchers? I could see if our shipping costs were really high, like some companies. The only time I combine is when someone's ordering something that's $10 or less, because in that case the shipping would be 40%. Yikes!

Wouldn't it be nice to tell Bonnie that she has to handle all of her warranty issues herself, so she has to tell HO that she combined her order with someone else's? <insert evil laugh here>

I just ordered from TW and their shipping is a minimum of $2.75 or 10% of your order, which ever is greater. Which means that my shipping is over $10! Not bad but still, compared to our straight forward $4 shipping (for most locations) it's a rip off.

Yes, our shipping cost is GREAT compared to other companies! And it comes quick!

Yes, her orders are not that large - under $20. And she won't even come to a show! So this has been all outside orders. (I work with her - so that is how I see her).

Back to the ChillzaneI have a host that needs the gel pack replaced, it fell out of the freezer and now it leaks. No problem? HO wants me to send it (all) back, still no big deal except it is still oozing. So I call HO and explain that the USPS won't ship something that is leaking or even in a ziploc bag (incase it gets punctured) through the mail. HO has never heard such a thing from the Post Office:confused: I explained that after 9-11 they are funny about some stuff you send through the mail. She checks with her supervisor and come back to tell me that her supervisor has never heard of that either.:confused: So I guess I will try to get it open some how and get all the gel or what ever out of it, but what a pain. :grumpy:

Why is it that you have One these people in EVERY crowd?? :grumpy:

mombird4 said:
I have a host that needs the gel pack replaced, it fell out of the freezer and now it leaks. No problem? HO wants me to send it (all) back, still no big deal except it is still oozing. So I call HO and explain that the USPS won't ship something that is leaking or even in a ziploc bag (incase it gets punctured) through the mail. HO has never heard such a thing from the Post Office:confused: I explained that after 9-11 they are funny about some stuff you send through the mail. She checks with her supervisor and come back to tell me that her supervisor has never heard of that either.:confused: So I guess I will try to get it open some how and get all the gel or what ever out of it, but what a pain. :grumpy:

According to usps.com, as long as it's nonhazardous, you can mail it.

http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/pub52c4_006.html#NL508_39

kam said:
Actually, I am sitting here thinking to myself that I don't mind handling returns and what not. But, I now have a customer that is making me re-think this....As we are going back and forth debating letting customers do this themselves or not...here is my story:

Let's call my guest Bonnie. She orders from Host A. She does not want to pay shipping so she gets someone to combine orders with her.

I do a show for Host B. Bonnie tells me she has a problem with a Batter bowl lid. I ask her when she ordered, etc and she tells me from Host B's show. I tell her I don't remember her ordering from Host B. Well, she didn't. She got Host B to put her Batter bowl on the host order. So now, how does she call pretending she's the host? And, to top this off, Host B lives an hour away, so obviously we don't want the replacement shipped to Host B. So I call as the consultant, saying the item is from the host order, but since I am helping my host, please ship the replacement to me.

Now, Bonnie brings me in a Bamboo spoon that has a rough spot. It is like a little bit is breaking off near the handle and she wants me to find out if this is normal or should be replaced. She ordered this from Host A - and since her order is combined - I need to find out whose name this is under! UGH! I just found this out and have yet to call HO on this.

NOW THE KICKER: I have Host C who is collecting an order from Bonnie. Bonnie asks me to find out if I can combine her order with someone elses. I tell her I cannot do that or make that assumption. There are warranty issues and it is better to have it in your own name. Well, she says these aren't big items and warranty doesn't really matter. She then wants ME to ask another guest if she could put her order on theirs!!! I tell her no way. She can ask and combine with someone - but it needs to be arranged with that person and handed to me as one order.

So, who can guess that she will have a problem with one of the items in this order and I will be doing the same thing!!!

So, even though I am thinking I don't mind handling returns...since I did the first one for her, I am now stuck with the rest. This gets so tricky with her trying to avoid the $4 that these things keep going in everyone elses name!

OK, vent over!

I have just gone through that exact thing! I had a host who did a catalog show in November (and it was a $700 catalog show) but what I didn't realize was that, in order to save everyone shipping, she combined 2-3 orders on each order.

In December, she emailed me saying that one guest said her mini-muffin pan came dented. So, I did the adjustment and had it sent to the host. Well, then in January she emails me again, and says that the new pan is the same way...turns out it's the little indentations between the cups - it's not defective, but she doesn't like the little dents and wants her money back - she then tells me the name of the customer who wants this to happen.

Well, I have no record of that name. I then find out that the orders were combined 2-3 per order......I ended up giving her the 888 #, and telling her that I couldn't process a return for cash back unless that person had actually placed an order with me, and that PC wouldn't issue a refund check to someone who hadn't placed an order - so the person who ordered the pan, and the person who's name was on the order would have to work something out between themselves about getting the cash refund.

Very frustrating - and I am now concerned that this show will have more of those issues because of all of the combined orders.

ChefBeckyD said:
In December, she emailed me saying that one guest said her mini-muffin pan came dented. So, I did the adjustment and had it sent to the host. Well, then in January she emails me again, and says that the new pan is the same way...turns out it's the little indentations between the cups - it's not defective, but she doesn't like the little dents and wants her money back - she then tells me the name of the customer who wants this to happen.

WHAT?!?!?!
You've got to be kidding me?? She doesn't like the little indentations between the cups and wants her money back?!?!?!?!

redsoxgirl said:
WHAT?!?!?!
You've got to be kidding me?? She doesn't like the little indentations between the cups and wants her money back?!?!?!?!

Yep - according to her, it looks like poor quality to have all of those "dents", and she doesn't want it....go figure!:rolleyes:

I'm speechless Becky. Absolutely speechless...... :eek:

We have one of the best and lowest shipping of direct sales companies. I'm amazed at those who want to save $4.00, especially when they are purchasing many items, not just one item.

I had one person that waited more than 30 days to contact me that one of the items on her order wasn't what her friend had thought it would be (combined order). She would never leave the product information on my answer machine and she was never available when I called. I left a message with the PC number on the last call I left.

A week later, one of my new recruits, who knew this lady, wanted to know how to return this ladies' item. My recruit said she really coudn't afford to pay for the mailing herself as this lady wanted. The lady had the nerve to contact her to pay for sending it back instead. This lady also left a nasty message for my husband, because her computer wasn't working the way she wanted it to. (He repairs computers). She was trying to install a program her computer wasn't capable of handling.

The only time I knowingly let people combine orders is if they live in the same house (ie. mother & grown daughter)

kam said:
chefann said:
Oh, I sooooooo wanted to do that...but I called HO for her, because I said I would.

As I thought about it, since it has been over 30 days for her Bamboo Spoon, I figured there was no way she was going to pay to have the bad one shipped to PC....

I told her, "Yes you should absolutely return the Spoon. All you have to do is return the entire set and PC will send you a whole new set. In fact, so you didn't have to call, I called for you and got you the reference # and address. Here is all the information you need."

She hemmed and hawed and asked if she had to pay shipping. I told her ONLY on the set she was sending back. Then she said if she had to send the whole set back, she didn't want to. I told her she would get a WHOLE NEW SET. Then she said she didn't want to go through the hassle of sending them back.

Well, this is what I expected. But I made it sound as if I did more than was expected by getting her the info. I think she was trying to get me to send them back, but couldn't find the words once I gave her all the info and made it sound so easy!

1. How long does the warranty last for the Chilzanne Rec?

The warranty for the Chilzanne Rec lasts for one year from the date of purchase.

2. What does the warranty cover?

The warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship that occur during normal use of the Chilzanne Rec.

3. How do I get replacement parts for my Chilzanne Rec under warranty?

If you experience any issues with your Chilzanne Rec within the warranty period, you can contact our customer service team to request replacement parts. They will be happy to assist you.

4. Do I need to provide proof of purchase for the warranty?

Yes, in order to receive replacement parts under the warranty, you will need to provide a copy of your original purchase receipt.

5. Can I extend the warranty for my Chilzanne Rec?

At this time, we do not offer an extended warranty for the Chilzanne Rec. However, we stand behind the quality of our products and are happy to assist with any issues that may arise within the one year warranty period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Mommy2amo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pmpdRRT