• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Waiting on HO: Delays with Order Confirmations and Email Notifications

In summary, during a conversation about issues with orders not showing up, it was suggested that the orders may have been sent to a Director in the "lead" system or may show up in the Online Orders section of the website. It was also mentioned that guests can cancel their orders if they were not placed correctly. The frustration of being on hold for a long time was expressed, and it was suggested to change the end of month process to make it easier for consultants. Additionally, it was suggested to check if the final submit button was clicked when placing orders. A consultant shared her experience of receiving duplicates of an unwanted product and the frustration of waiting for replacements. The suggestion to change the shipping method to FedEx was made, but it was noted that
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have been on hold w/HO for almost an hour.....I can't tell you how many times I have heard their advertisements.
I had a host place more than one order for co-workers today while at work. The orders have not shown up, yet. Another guest had placed an order and in less than 2 hours I got an e-mail about it.
Now I am worried something may have gone wrong.....like the orders are not going to her show and I have been waiting to ask about it. (My neck is so tired from holding the phone...)
Does anyone know if it can actually take quite awhile for orders to show up either in e-mail or at our PWS???

No, they usually show up right away. I would bet that the person who ordered didn't put in the host's name or got lost at some point and it ended up in the "lead" system which meant it went to a Director in the lead system. Or, if she just went to your website, it may end up showing up in your Online Orders.....sometimes those take a while to show up. The guest can cancel the order (it has to be done quickly before it ships) and re-order thru you. Otherwise, HO will not redistribute the order to you. I know, it's happened more than once to me!

I'm on hold too. I need to ask about an order a consultant submitted. I hate it when end of month is on a weekend - we can do nothing if there's an issue and we don't know until Monday.

I also had a couple people say they were going to order online and haven't but so far they aren't telling me they did so I'm hoping they just told the host they were ordering so they wouldn't have to buy and could save face - like the host wouldn't find out. :rolleyes: ...or that they just didn't do it yet.

I vote we change weekend end of month to the following Monday or that HO is staffed and updates the tracker on the last day of the month or both!! (JK - I know they all work hard for us but it is frustrating!)

I would make sure that she clicked the final submit button. This has happened a couple times with my customers, so it never actually sent the order.

I too was on hold for over 1-1/2 hours. In my SAT box, I got 2 of the Pineapple Rum Sauce! UGH! I didn't really want it anyway. Finally I got a human and she said to keep it. I then asked her about the beaded spreaders that were picked up from me on 1/13 to be checked and replaced (gray gasket showing at top bead next to knife blade). She said she would send yet two more...ARGH! She did say she would throw in a cutting board so it would be shipped FedEx instead of by postal service. I told her those take 2-3 WEEKS! She told me something I didn't realize...FedEx is closed on Mondays! I didn't realize that! I completely understand your frustration with the long wait. I was watching my 5 mo granddaughter and 2-1/2 yo grandson and of course by the time HO answered, the baby had woke up and was crying and Josiah was wanted something too...

mscharf said:
I would make sure that she clicked the final submit button. This has happened a couple times with my customers, so it never actually sent the order.

When I finally talked to someone this was one of the suggestions. I won't be able to talk to the host til Sunday, so I just e-mailed her. Since she said everyone paid her and she would pay me we are thinking the submit button was not used. I'll find out Sunday.
and yes, I've calmed down....it is amazing what a hot shower will do :)

pcchefjane said:
I too was on hold for over 1-1/2 hours. In my SAT box, I got 2 of the Pineapple Rum Sauce! UGH! I didn't really want it anyway. Finally I got a human and she said to keep it. I then asked her about the beaded spreaders that were picked up from me on 1/13 to be checked and replaced (gray gasket showing at top bead next to knife blade). She said she would send yet two more...ARGH! She did say she would throw in a cutting board so it would be shipped FedEx instead of by postal service. I told her those take 2-3 WEEKS! She told me something I didn't realize...FedEx is closed on Mondays! I didn't realize that! I completely understand your frustration with the long wait. I was watching my 5 mo granddaughter and 2-1/2 yo grandson and of course by the time HO answered, the baby had woke up and was crying and Josiah was wanted something too...

They are not closed on Monday - they just don't do Home Delivery on Monday, that is Tues - Sat. Fed Ex offices and all other services are available on Mondays.

Related to Waiting on HO: Delays with Order Confirmations and Email Notifications

1. Why is this taking so long?

The length of time it takes for a recipe or cooking process can vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the dish, the type of ingredients used, and the cooking equipment being used. Some recipes also require longer cooking times to ensure the flavors develop properly. Additionally, following proper cooking techniques and taking the necessary time to properly prepare and cook the dish can also impact the overall cooking time.

2. Can I speed up the cooking process?

While some recipes may have suggested cooking times, it is important to follow the instructions and allow the dish to cook for the recommended amount of time to ensure it is fully cooked and the flavors have developed. However, some steps, such as preheating the oven or preparing ingredients ahead of time, can help streamline the cooking process.

3. Is there a way to make this recipe faster?

Some recipes may have shortcuts or variations that can help speed up the cooking process, such as using pre-cut or pre-cooked ingredients. However, it is important to note that these changes may alter the final outcome of the dish, so it is best to follow the recipe as written for the best results.

4. How can I tell if the dish is done cooking?

It is important to use a food thermometer to ensure that meats, poultry, and other potentially hazardous foods reach a safe internal temperature. Additionally, for dishes such as casseroles or baked goods, a toothpick or knife inserted into the center should come out clean to indicate that it is fully cooked. Following cooking instructions and using these methods can help determine if a dish is done cooking.

5. Can I reduce the cooking time?

In some cases, reducing the cooking time may result in an undercooked dish that is unsafe to eat. It is important to follow the recommended cooking times for each recipe to ensure food safety. However, if the dish is taking longer than expected, checking the oven or stovetop temperature and making sure it is properly preheated can help ensure the dish cooks within the recommended time frame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Morgan032032