• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Waiting for my New Laptop: Impatiently Anticipating Its Arrival!

In summary, the new laptop is expected to be delivered sometime today, but the person waiting is getting impatient. They are also using their computer income for extras like peach cobbler making.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I am currently waiting for my new laptop to be delivered :). It has been "out for delivery" since 7.48 this morning. I have no idea when DHL normally delivers in my neighborhood, but I am getting impatient! Plus, I know that when it finally arrives, I'll probably be in the middle of getting dinner ready (any ideas on what to do with some chicken tonight?) and then dealing with the kids, and then bedtime... I really can't wait to see it and try it out!

Anyway, I'd better go - I'm keeping myself occupied by making the skillet peach cobbler recipe that I just got (thanks again Jodi for the recipe!). I'll let y'all know how it turns out :).

Have a great evening everyone, if I'm not on for a while, you'll know it's because I'm busy playing with my new toy. Um, I mean I figuring out how to use my new business tool to expediate my checkout process and do record keeping... Or something like that :D.

PS - I just made it to 500 posts today. There REALLY should be a star for that...

Sounds exciting, Annie!! I'm just a tiny bit jealous! :p Let us know how you like your new laptop. I sure hope you get to play with it soon!! ....or work with it, I should say...right?? ;)

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!
I want a laptop so bad! I was going to break down and get one during income tax and I didn't want to spend the money, then I told DH that I would get one by the end of the year, doesn't look like that's going to happen either...one of these days!

My 12 year old stepson just got a laptop this summer from his mother and I rubbed in to my dh...oh, a TWELVE year old can get one but I can't??? LOL

chefsteph07 said:
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!
I want a laptop so bad! I was going to break down and get one during income tax and I didn't want to spend the money, then I told DH that I would get one by the end of the year, doesn't look like that's going to happen either...one of these days!

My 12 year old stepson just got a laptop this summer from his mother and I rubbed in to my dh...oh, a TWELVE year old can get one but I can't??? LOL

Maybe DH will surprise you with one for Christmas! :D

I know, there really are worse positions to be in than waiting for a lap-top to arrive! I am using a lot of my first 3 months commision on it, and then I will be hopefully helping to pay off our car faster. I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home and use my PC income for extras...

As soon as I mentioned that having a lap-top would be handy, my DH was all over it - he thinks he'll get to play with it (I mean use it) too. Silly DH! Our old one is 10 years old and pretty much obsolete, it is sooo slow. Probably wouldn't run P3! It will be so great for our long trips too. But, it is definitely a luxury not a necessity.

I have a MacBook that I just love, but unfortunately P3 does not run on a Mac unless you install Windows on there...and I wouldn't put my poor Mac through that!!

So I have to use my husband's regular Windows laptop for TPC stuff, and it drives me nuts. It's so sloooooow, because it's always trying to update Windows and download antivirus junk. I can't wait til they come out with a Mac-compatible P3!

Hathery said:
I have a MacBook that I just love, but unfortunately P3 does not run on a Mac unless you install Windows on there...and I wouldn't put my poor Mac through that!!

So I have to use my husband's regular Windows laptop for TPC stuff, and it drives me nuts. It's so sloooooow, because it's always trying to update Windows and download antivirus junk. I can't wait til they come out with a Mac-compatible P3!

Yay! Another Mac user!! My MacBook doesn't like having to run Windoze, but it suffers through. And the software our car club uses for membership databases is Windoze only (I'm the membership chairperson), so I have to run that through Parallels and Boot Camp, too.

chefann said:
Yay! Another Mac user!! My MacBook doesn't like having to run Windoze, but it suffers through. And the software our car club uses for membership databases is Windoze only (I'm the membership chairperson), so I have to run that through Parallels and Boot Camp, too.

I just can't bring myself to put Windows on my pristine and lovely MacBook! haha. I emailed HO asking if they could come out w/ a Mac version soon...they said it was in the works, but no time frame is known yet.

What kind of car club are you in?

Wow, I got to 500 posts and had a thread hi-jacked all in one day :)

Just had to pop in to make my first post from my new lovely purple lap-top :D.

I love it already :love:, now i just have to get used to using the touch pad until I get a mouse.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Okay, now I'm REALLY Jealous........It's PURPLE???? You're so lucky! :D

I'm very happy for you, Annie...you deserve it! :D

I know you probably will ..but just in case.. save your receipts. You can write off the expense. Congrats on the new toy.. I mean wonderful tool for your business. LOL

1. How do I stay patient while cooking a complicated recipe?

One way to stay patient while cooking a complicated recipe is to break it down into smaller tasks and focus on one step at a time. It can also help to set a timer for each step to track your progress and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

2. What can I do when I'm waiting for something to cook or bake?

When waiting for something to cook or bake, you can use that time to prep other ingredients or clean up your workspace. You can also take a break and do something relaxing, like reading a book or listening to music.

3. How can I resist the urge to constantly check on my food while it's cooking?

To resist the urge to constantly check on your food, try distracting yourself with a different task or setting a timer for when you can check on it. Trusting the recipe and allowing the food to cook undisturbed will also result in a better end product.

4. What can I do if I'm running short on time and need to speed up the cooking process?

If you're running short on time, try using kitchen tools like a pressure cooker or a slow cooker to speed up the cooking process. You can also opt for simpler recipes with fewer steps and ingredients.

5. How do I handle mistakes or mishaps while cooking without losing patience?

Mistakes and mishaps are bound to happen in the kitchen, and it's important to not let them ruin your patience. Take a deep breath, assess the situation, and try to find a solution. If the mistake is irreversible, remember that it's just food and you can always try again another time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TerraOB83
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • dexheimers
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dexheimers
Replies