• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wa-Hoo! Awesomelyamazingstupendous Fundraiser!

In summary, Scott did a high school band parent group fundraiser that totaled $5700, plus an additional show of $160. He offered incentives, but the parents said, "no", so he concentrated on making the event the focus - a cooking demo at the school for parents (and any students who wanted to bring their paychecks!). Then he made the biggest enchilada recipe ever, 5 appetizers in 15 minutes, and gave everyone some warm German chocolate cake as a dessert.
scottcooks
Gold Member
After some struggles and challenges, I did a rocking fundraiser with a high school band parent group that totalled $5700, plus another (late orders) show of $160! Wa-HOO!

WooHoo! Congrats to you and to them! :D

That's AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!

WAY TO GO Scott!!! AMAZING!!!

Yay Scott! I'm picking up my band fundraiser tomorrow and I cannot wait to see how it finishes!

How did you do it? Did everyone just take catalogs and collect orders?

Way to go, Scott! That is awesome!

scottcooks said:
After some struggles and challenges, I did a rocking fundraiser with a high school band parent group that totalled $5700, plus another (late orders) show of $160! Wa-HOO!

I would love to hear how you did this! I love to do fundraisers but they just don't really ever get anywhere BIG! Did you do incentives?

Funny thing - I started offering incentives, but the parents said, "no" - the incentive is they get to go on the trip for less money! Cool. This let me concentrate on making the "event" the focus - a cooking demo at the school for parents (and any students who wanted to bring their paychecks!) Then I was concerned because I hadn't heard anything, and found out the school had not "approved" the fundraiser yet. Apparently the admin were concerned because
-if they let me do it, they'd have to let other direct sellers do it.
(fine - but are THEY donating 100% of their commission less expenses? I do one 'gratis' fundraiser a year, and offered this to them, in exchange for a 'big' turnout of orders.)
-they somehow were not 'guaranteed' the profit amount.
(unusual in today's day and age for someone to do what they say they're going to do?!)
Anyway, so they finally said "NO" - this was not allowed as a student driven activity. This put the kabosch on my main motivator for the kids, making batter bowl mixes to do a "presale" launch of the fundraiser. Write to me at my screen name at hotmail if you want an explanation of the batter bowl presale idea. In a nutshell, you collect people, pre-order small batter bowls, collect donated foodstuffs from Safeway or local grocer to make the premixes, have the kids assembly-line adding the mix ingredients into the bowls, wrap any nuts in plastic on the top, add a tag and make up however many of the bowls ahead.Without students able to be directly involved, they chose to make this a parent club driven event. Students were only allowed to 'deliver messages'.So the parents had decided they wanted a tailgating event, and I was stressed because there could potentially be 75 people there. In fact, we had about 60, but they hardly ate anything! I demoed waay to many recipes, but was done in an hour. I did Mango Confetti Salsa and Hot PIzza Dip premade so they could have something to gnosh while they milled around and before the show. I had an assistant handing out door prize cards. I had each person write their name on the back, then put cards in the dish.I selected 3 season's bests, wrote thank you in each, then "host appreciated" the band director and the 2 moms who coordinated the tailgating show. I then made the BIG ENCHILADA recipe live, (easy-peasy, but not in a dinky toaster oven! I made half the recipe and used a small bar pan, came out A W E S O M E !!!). Then I did 5 appetizers in 15 minutes (do a search) which was an amazing format to talk about stoneware, did oil dipping sauce with Artisan bread as 1, apple cranberry almond brie with bread crostini as 2, cream cheese with raspberry habanero sauce as 3, buffalo dip w/ potato chips (bag) as 4, and olive tapenade with crackers as 5.
Finally, I gave everyone some warm German chocolate cake as a dessert, talked about it as a 7 minute recipe, and collected orders.We stopped along the way and had a "oldest Pampered Chef prodcut" parade - saw wooden pastry roller, an old Zyliss food chopper (still working), a "Wonder Cup" Measure All Cup with the original chefs and hen logo, and an ancient Apple Wedger that made 8 wedges. I gave them a pastry brush, a mini measure-all cup and a current apple wedger (they now make 10 wedges).We also did a "worst spatula/scraper" contest and used crowd boos to determine the winner, who got a new Tangerine Scraper.It rocked that this school's colors are orange and black - and our new Tangerine color tools were just the ticket. It was a fun evening, about 70 minute demo and another 45 mins to collect orders there. Then additional outside orders kept coming and coming and coming. Two came after the deadline (parents wanted to access 2 paychecks, so we ran it from Oct 19 until Nov 5 as an Oct show) and the two final orders totalled $160 so I sent them as a separate November show. I redid the back of the outside order forms to show the list of cookbooks people could get, and wrote all over everything for folks to please come to the October 20th Tailgating Show as the main event of the fundraiser. I have some of the paperwork I used - so similar to what I've found on here.I made a packet for each of 180 students (I think there were 175) which included...
-1 catalog
-10 outside order forms copied, filled in for fundraiser and tax rate, back copied with info on cookbook bonus
-6 copies of advertising flyer "halfsheets" for folks to post all over town for the Oct 20 event.
-3 hard invitations for folks to invite people on their own... I just did any invitations I had.
-1 "how to add up an order" sheet
-1 "Dear band parents" sheet that explained the minutia details for the fundraiser
-1 'How to use this packet" directions sheet
-all in a 9x12 manilla envelopeI delivered these packets to the band director 2 weeks before the live event and she returned about 70 of them unused/returned. They cost me about $2 per student in printing and catalogs. I will credit the unused catalogs back at $.50 each and bill them for the about $400 difference. Then donating my remaining commission, they will get $470 from me and $870 from Pampered Chef! It feels so good to donate $1340 to an organization I couldn't support another way! That'll buy one tour bus at Disneyland, or local travel expenses or something they need.I got 4 shows booked from it, and will go help collate all the orders. I still think there are 2 who ordered who never gave me a check - they will be reconciled this weekend. Out of something like 60 orders--only 1 declined credit card, and she has already given me an alternate, so the show is in picking!

Woohoohoo for you and what a great thing to do for the band!

Any chance you would share your "how to add up an order" sheet. Thanks!

Great!! Wonderful!! I am doing my first fundraiser with church group later this month. Thanks for all the tips!! Keep up the good work.

Scott that is supercalifragilistigexbeallidocious! Congrats!!!

Great way to bounce back, Scott!

Oracle said:
Woohoohoo for you and what a great thing to do for the band!

Any chance you would share your "how to add up an order" sheet. Thanks!

Attached are some helpful forms, not sure which permutations they are. Most everything I used came from an idea someone had on here.

Attachments

• Artisan Bread.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 432
  • Monroe Fundraising Letter.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 4.adding up an order.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 5 appetizers in 15 minutes outline.doc
    52 KB · Views: 531
GREAT Job Scott! and thanks so very much for sharing!

What is "Wa-Hoo! Awesomelyamazingstupendous Fundraiser!"?

"Wa-Hoo! Awesomelyamazingstupendous Fundraiser!" is a fundraising program offered by Pampered Chef that allows organizations to raise money by selling our high-quality kitchen products.

How does the fundraiser work?

Once your organization signs up for the fundraiser, we will provide you with a catalog of our products and order forms. You can then promote the fundraiser and collect orders from supporters. After the fundraiser ends, we will ship the products directly to your organization for distribution to your supporters. Your organization will earn a percentage of the sales as profit.

How much profit can our organization earn?

The profit percentage varies depending on the total sales of your organization. The more you sell, the higher the profit percentage. Our representatives can provide you with more specific information based on your organization's goals and needs.

Is there a minimum order requirement?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for the "Wa-Hoo! Awesomelyamazingstupendous Fundraiser!" program. Your organization can earn profits from any amount of sales.

What type of organizations can participate in the fundraiser?

Any type of organization can participate, including schools, sports teams, churches, charities, and more. Our program is open to both non-profit and for-profit organizations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • raebates