• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Motivate the Organization?

In summary, Beth is trying to do a fundraiser for her daughter's band boosters but is frustrated because only four of the 25 parents showed up at the meeting and took the catalogs. She also sent out the link to the website and is hosting an open house on the 11th the day they are closing it. She asked that they let her know if they are coming on the 11th so that she can plan. She has only received one order so far and is offering incentives (product for parent/gift card for student) but on the other hand she wants the fundraiser to be successful.
lkhartmann
Gold Member
I am frustrated.... My daughter's band boosters is doing a fundraiser.. As I am on the school board, I am donating my complete commission, as well as offering incentives to highest sellers over $300 in individual sales.. At the meeting where the catalogs were sent out, only 4 of 25 parents were there and took the catalogs. I sent out the link to the website and am hosting an open house on the 11th the day we are closing it. I sent the email and said I would be at the last football game on Thanksgiving with catalogs, (nobody asked for anything.) and I asked that they let me know if they are coming on the 11th so that I can plan... So far after 2 weeks... 1 $63 order... I feel like I can't do anything else on this and am offering incentives (product for parent/gift card for student) but on the other hand, I know the band gets little to no support from the school board so I want it to be successful... Any suggestions?
:confused:

I used to end the fundraisers with the cooking show but I've learned that it seems to work best to start with a demo. Get them excited, urge them to bring guests. Then at the demo encourage them to get outside orders. Now they know what it's about and the benefits the group gets. Close it a week after the demo. I send a flyer/invitation home explaining what we are doing and what to expect. I also set a $200 per student goal and break down what that means (4 MFPs or 7 food choppers...). I set it up on my website and encourage them to contact out of town relatives. I give whatever the host 60% off item is as an incentive for the adults and encourage the group to give the top student an incentive too. Often local businesses will donate a prize. You can still make this one work. I'd leave it open a few days after your open house.

Thanks Beth, they were all "overwhelmed with their full time jobs, Thanksgiving and school conferences" so I had to set it for the end.. I leave for New Orleans for a work conference on the 13th and won't return til the 17th so I didn't want to spend Christmas eve running around delivering orders... I had a cancellation on the 9th so I will see if I can move it to then and do a happy hour so that ... will give them 3 days..

In the future, collect band members at your home to make up batter bowls for presales. Every presale gets a mini catalog to take home. Send minis home with every student, make host packets up for different sections of the band... trumpets get one, low brass gets one, percussion gets one, flutes get one, clarinets get one, double reeds get one, saxes get one, colorguard gets one. Have the sections compete for a pizza lunch and offer to do a mini/express show at each section's location of choice to help pull in orders, and conclude the whole thing with a cooking demo, chocolate is best. I did this and ended up with a 3300 fundraiser for a PTA. It takes some planning and some buy in on their part, but you can make a terrific contribution and have a lot of fun, and get some great new customers!

I completely understand your frustration, and I commend you for your efforts to support the band boosters and the school board. Fundraising can be challenging, especially when it seems like there is little support from others. However, I believe there are a few things you can do to help make this fundraiser a success.First, I would recommend reaching out to the parents who took the catalogs at the meeting and remind them about the fundraiser. Sometimes, people need a gentle reminder to follow through with their commitments. You can also offer to answer any questions they may have about the products or the ordering process.Secondly, I would suggest promoting the fundraiser through different channels, such as social media or school newsletters. This can help reach a wider audience and generate more interest in the fundraiser.Additionally, you can try to make the fundraiser more exciting by offering special deals or promotions. For example, you could offer a discount for those who place orders over a certain amount or include a free gift with each order. This can help incentivize people to participate and increase sales.Lastly, I would recommend reaching out to the band members and encourage them to promote the fundraiser to their family and friends. They can also offer to help with the open house event and spread the word about the fundraiser.I hope these suggestions help, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the fundraiser. Remember, even if the results may not be as successful as you had hoped, your efforts and support are still greatly appreciated by the band boosters and the school board. Keep up the great work!

What strategies do you use to motivate employees?

At Pampered Chef, we use a variety of strategies to motivate our employees. These include setting clear goals and expectations, recognizing and rewarding hard work and achievements, providing regular feedback and opportunities for growth, fostering a positive and inclusive work culture, and offering competitive compensation and benefits.

How do you keep employees engaged and motivated in their work?

To keep our employees engaged and motivated, we regularly communicate with them about the company's goals and progress, involve them in decision-making processes, provide opportunities for learning and development, and encourage a healthy work-life balance. We also make sure to recognize and appreciate their contributions and provide a supportive and collaborative work environment.

What role do managers play in motivating the organization?

Managers play a crucial role in motivating the organization. They are responsible for setting a positive tone and leading by example, providing support and guidance to their team members, and creating a work environment that fosters motivation and success. They also play a key role in communicating the company's vision and goals to their team and ensuring alignment and accountability.

How do you handle demotivated employees?

When we encounter demotivated employees, we take a proactive approach to address the issue. This includes having open and honest conversations to understand the root cause of their demotivation, providing support and resources to help them overcome any challenges, and working together to create a plan for improvement. We also make sure to recognize and celebrate their progress and successes along the way.

What impact does employee motivation have on the organization?

Employee motivation has a significant impact on the organization. When employees are motivated, they are more productive, engaged, and committed to their work. This leads to higher job satisfaction, lower turnover rates, and a positive work culture. Ultimately, motivated employees contribute to the overall success and growth of the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • ChefMary412