• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Pampered Chef Debit Card for Purchases: What You Need to Know

In summary, you can use the PC debit card at some places, but not at others. You can also get a PC Visa card, which is a regular credit card.
DanielleQ
Ok, I think I got it. The PC Debit card is ONLT useable (is that even a word?) at PP? I can't use it like a normal debit card at, say, Target? I'm just waiting for my application to be processed so I can get my website.

Thanks...

You can sign up for the PC Credit Card and use that everywhere. That is what I've done and it is helping me keep track of business expenses.

You're right, Danielle. The PC debit is proprietary and cannot be used anywhere else (it's not a debit card with a Visa/MC logo). If you want something you can use for business expenses (for tracking) that you can use at Target, Office Depot, etc., then do as Tasha suggests and get the PC Visa.

I have a separate checking account for PC & have a Visa check card through my bank that I use for my PC related expenses. Question--if I get the PC Visa card, is it an actual credit card? I never carry one (always use my check card) & was very embarrassed when checking in at the conference hotel & was told they can't use those. I guess they would have had to hold the entire bill on my card until I checked out. My husband keeps one credit card with him & we use that when we travel, so I could just have him get me a copy of that one if PC's isn't a credit card.

The PC Visa Card is a regular credit card, issued through Chase Bank. It works like any other credit card.

I am not a credit card person, either...but haven't had a problem at hotels yet. They just place a hold on the amount on the Check Card until checkout.

Good Luck and Welcome!

jwpamp said:
The PC Visa Card is a regular credit card, issued through Chase Bank. It works like any other credit card.

I am not a credit card person, either...but haven't had a problem at hotels yet. They just place a hold on the amount on the Check Card until checkout.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Yeah, but the problem was they were putting the ENTIRE room (not just my part of it) for FOUR days on my check card on hold. I didn't want that much money held on my checking account.

Oh, I always have extra in there for the hold....I am a big "if you can't pay for it with cash, you shouldn't have it" person! ;)

Perhaps someday I will need one, but for now I am all good!

I do always have extra in there too. I just didn't like the fact that they had to hold the entire room's amount instead of just my share. I guess it was just principle!

chefann said:
You're right, Danielle. The PC debit is proprietary and cannot be used anywhere else (it's not a debit card with a Visa/MC logo). If you want something you can use for business expenses (for tracking) that you can use at Target, Office Depot, etc., then do as Tasha suggests and get the PC Visa.

OK--though that stinks, I get it. I applied for both and I'm sure I'll get the Visa, I just really would rather not deal with a credit card. But, sometimes I guess I have to exhibit a little self-control, right? ;)

DanielleQ said:
OK--though that stinks, I get it. I applied for both and I'm sure I'll get the Visa, I just really would rather not deal with a credit card. But, sometimes I guess I have to exhibit a little self-control, right? ;)

Could you open a checking account just for PC & get a check card? That way you could use that at Target & such, but it would come out of your checking?

I just have the debit card and keep my reciepts for anything PC related

I have a separate checking account for my PC biz and just use the debit card the bank gave me for any expenses. Then it all stays in the same account.

It's MUCH MUCH easier to do this biz with a separate account.

I opened a separate checking account, but I just linked it to my existing debit card. I guess I should get another one just for that account. I was trying to keep it as simple as possible.

DanielleQ said:
I opened a separate checking account, but I just linked it to my existing debit card. I guess I should get another one just for that account. I was trying to keep it as simple as possible.

If you want to keep it as simple as possible get a PC credit card & use it ONLY for PC.:D

Yeah I opened a seperate account as well, linked to my personal accounts. All my commissions go in there..everything PC is used in that account. I got a business debit card from my bank and everything. Heck is was free..why not?

pamperedgirl3 said:
I do always have extra in there too. I just didn't like the fact that they had to hold the entire room's amount instead of just my share. I guess it was just principle!

I know what you mean! They were doing this to a group from my cluster too! They were holding the total amount for all 4 days for each person; that just doesn't seem right to me:(

lacychef said:
I know what you mean! They were doing this to a group from my cluster too! They were holding the total amount for all 4 days for each person; that just doesn't seem right to me:(

I just didn't understand why they couldn't just hold my amount--the others already paid with a credit card. Luckily my director told me to just write her a check when we got home. They still gave me my receipt for taxes.

I heard that... my problem is that I am just starting back out. I am in the process of repairing my credit. So that is why I haven't applied for the credit card. My credit isn't that good. I have been doing real good with PC so far. But I have the debit card. But I haven't applied for the credit card. Is it hard to get?

1. What is the Pampered Chef Debit Card?

The Pampered Chef Debit Card is a payment method offered by Pampered Chef for customers to use when making purchases, either online or in-person.

2. How do I apply for a Pampered Chef Debit Card?

To apply for a Pampered Chef Debit Card, you can visit the Pampered Chef website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant. You will need to provide personal information and agree to the terms and conditions before being approved for the card.

3. What are the benefits of using a Pampered Chef Debit Card?

Using a Pampered Chef Debit Card allows you to earn points for every purchase you make, which can be redeemed for free products or discounts. You also have access to exclusive deals and promotions only available to cardholders.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef Debit Card for purchases outside of Pampered Chef?

No, the Pampered Chef Debit Card can only be used for purchases made through Pampered Chef. It cannot be used at other retailers or for non-Pampered Chef purchases.

5. How do I track my purchases and rewards with the Pampered Chef Debit Card?

You can track your purchases and rewards by logging into your Pampered Chef account and viewing your transaction history. You can also contact customer service for assistance with any questions or concerns about your card or rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julmarsala
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
julmarsala
  • ms_twana
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • flemings99