1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Using Bar Pan for Taco Ring?

1. SandyG

SandyG

I have not made any of the rings yet. I just booked a Sept. show, and the host would like the taco ring. I don't have a round stone, but do have the large bar pan. Is there any reason I can't use that, and make more of a taco oval-shaped ring?

I will definitely try the recipe before the show (DH will probably love it), but thought it was worth asking.

Thanks so much.

Sandy

Aug 6, 2009
  2. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

Just turn it into the Braid, instead of the Ring. It will be the same, just a different design. It is a yummy recipe, too!

Aug 6, 2009
  3. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

If the host specifically wants a ring, do you have someone in your area you can borrow a round stone from? Your director maybe??

Aug 6, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Your host might not know there is a braid that you can do. Chances are she just likes the filling!

5. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

I agree, borrow the round stone if you can.. part of the beauty of the taco ring is the presentation! ( it was actually demo'd at the FIRST PC show I went to about 14 years ago... I bought EVERY PRODUCT SHE DEMO'D!) IF not, then try it at home with the barpan in an oblong way...

Aug 6, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Do the braid on the Bar Pan or borrow a round stone. :)

Aug 6, 2009
  7. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

I've done the enchilada ring on a large bar pan- it still works

8. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Enchilada ring?????? more, more, recipe please!

Aug 7, 2009
  9. SandyG

SandyG

I have the instructions on how to make the ring. Can someone provide details on the braid?

Aug 8, 2009
  10. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

The Chicken- Enchilada Ring: It's in the "Celebrate!" cookbook

11. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

* Put the barpan on a surface with one of the short sides facing you.
    * Make a straight line up the middle of the barpan. Short side of the triangles toward the middle & the points going to your right & left.
    * Place your filling of choice up the middle.
    * Start at the end closest to you. Pull a triangle from the right over the filling and lay it gently to the left. Then pull from the left over to the right.
    * Repeat all the way up the bar pan, alternating one side to the other each time.

(Of course once you have the concept down, you can put the bar pan at any angle, that was just to give you a reference for doing the design. ;))

Aug 8, 2009
  12. SandyG

SandyG

Thank you, everyone. For fear of breaking of breaking someone's stone if borrowed and not having storage room for my own, I think I'll do the braid. I've sold more bar pans than round stones, so this will just be another recipe to pass on to the bar pan lovers...and to add to my demos. I think we'll be having it for dinner one night this week so that I can give it a try.

Aug 9, 2009
  13. SandyG

SandyG

BTW, made the braid. Very yummy, and worked well. Just had to figure out how to handle the sides of the bar pan, but not too bad, and looked fairly good once brushed with egg white and topped with more cheese. DH approved, so will become part of our dinner rotation.
    Thanks to all.

Aug 14, 2009
  14. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

Thanks for starting this thread. I love the rings but only have the bar pan - now I can't wait to try this. I've never made a braid but I'm sure there are great instruction on here on how to do one.

Aug 14, 2009
  15. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

If you have the All the Best cookbook it has a whole section on how to do the Braids, Wreaths and Rings (with pictures) and has several different filling recipes too. It's a must have cook book, so if you don't have it, you should get it!

Aug 15, 2009
  16. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Guess whats for dinner tonight?

Aug 15, 2009
Have something to add?