• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Booking Tree: Julie Weitz's Training Explained

In summary, the "Booking Tree" is a way to promote and sell cooking shows. It is simple to set-up and is a way to start your booking talk.
urbnk8
Does anybody use a booking tree? I saw it on Julie Weitz's website and am wondering how exactly you use it. I am going to her training in Feb. but am curious now about how it works.

you post party date cards----that you are looking to book----name
date already on it----the dates you are looking to book---
MORFIA said:
you post party date cards----that you are looking to book----

name
date already on it----the dates you are looking to book---
Do you do anything special to promote it? Or do you just say "these are the dates I have available, take your pick."

ohhhh---I dont want to spoil it for you-----Julie wd kick my -------lol

My director sent me one for Christmas... YAY! :)

Morfia - spoil it for me!! :D I don't see any chance of my seeing Julie Weitz any time in the future!!! :cry: Help a fellow cheffer out! :)

Here's how I use my "booking tree." (And not sure if this is the way Julie does it or not.)First, I wasn't able to find one of those great wire photo holders. (The kind that has 'arms' of wire sticking out with a spot to paperclip your photo to...) So instead, I had an inexpensive clear plastic photo stand that would show four different 4x6 photos.I just created out of cardstock 4 separate text boxes with my next four available dates. On the back I had a Pampered Chef product under $15. I said whoever booked a show for that date would get as a gift the product listed on the back. I've been doing this for my last three shows and finally had a gal book one of my dates at the last one. It's worth a try because for some reason, people always love the carrot on the stick! ;)

I use it too and have had no takers yet, but it is so simple to do and is not a big hassle to take to shows, so I will keep doing it. It's also an easy way to start your booking talk.

Excuse the dumb question, but who is Julie Weitz?

She is awesome! She is a motivational speaker/trainer that comes to different areas specifically for Pampered Chef.

I use the booking tree. I found a photo holder at Micheals that holds 5 pics. I use postcard size forms that has available date, name, address, phone, email. I put those out & let everyone know that those are my next available dates. If I have one that I really want to fill, I put a sticker on it. The one that chooses that one gets a FREE cooking show (I provide ingredients, etc).
When I 1st started, I was really needing bookings so I had incentives with it. Plastic eggs in a basket. Each egg had piece of candy & slip of paper. Each paper had either citrus peeler, bamboo tongs, paring knife, mini whipper, mini spatula but 1 had 8" saute pan (earned 2). The smaller gifts were given to them right then but they had to wait till their show to get the pan.

Do you put name, location,email, etc for the guest to fill out?
You don't alreayd have that filled out right?
(stupid question I know).

I think I might try this at my party this weekend.

buzz26 said:
Thank you, I was going to ask the same question.

There are several takes on a "Booking Tree". You could probably do a search in the files and find tons of info on it.

I don't do it all the time, but when I have more empty dates that I like or there is a special promotion that I'm trying to earn I will do it. Sometimes I have great luck, other times there are no takers.

I list the bonus that I am offering on seperate slips of paper then put them inside whatever I'm using as my prop. On the prop I either write or tape a piece of paper with the date that I want filled.

Some of the props I have used are:

Balloons. I put the prize on a paper inside. Blow up the balloon and write the date on the outside of it. I attach the balloon to a straw with ribbon and then put them in a vase or glass on my table. I write the date in marker on the outside of the balloon.

Small Christmas Gift Bags or the ornament boxes that hold a small gift
Plastic Hearts (Valentine's)
Plastic Eggs

You get the picture.

Last edited:
I use a piece of foam core because it is nice and sturdy and light. I glued colored paper to it and also these tiny close pins that I had in my craft closet. I print dates out on colored paper and tack them to the index cards. This way I can remove the date and place a new one on if that date doesn't get booked. Yes, I am frugal, but I am okay with that. I have the person booking choose a product from a bowl. I have had a few takers. It got me a show on January 4th which was awesome!

Julie Weitz sells a booking tree on her website for $18. I bought the exact same one from Day-Timer for $12. It doesn't necessarily have to be this one. Any Photo Holder will do.

Thanks everyone! It sounds like a great idea that works for several of you. I love the flower pot idea too!

buzz26 said:

go to outwardimage.com for more info on Julie

1. What is a booking tree?

A booking tree is a visual representation of your upcoming parties and shows. It helps you plan and organize your schedule, making it easier to keep track of your bookings and availability.

2. How do I create a booking tree?

To create a booking tree, start by drawing a large circle or oval on a blank sheet of paper. Then, divide the circle into sections, with each section representing a month or a specific time period. Next, add smaller circles or ovals within each section to represent individual parties or shows. You can also add details such as the date, host's name, and any important notes.

3. What are the benefits of using a booking tree?

Using a booking tree can help you stay organized and on top of your bookings. It also allows you to see any gaps in your schedule, making it easier to fill them with new bookings. Additionally, a booking tree can serve as a visual reminder of upcoming parties and shows, making it easier to prepare and plan for each event.

4. Can I use a digital booking tree?

Yes, there are many online tools and software programs that allow you to create and maintain a digital booking tree. This can be a more convenient option for those who prefer to have their schedule accessible on their electronic devices. However, some people still prefer the traditional pen and paper method.

5. How often should I update my booking tree?

It is recommended to update your booking tree at least once a week. This will ensure that it remains accurate and up-to-date. However, if you have a particularly busy schedule, you may want to update it more frequently to avoid any potential double bookings or conflicts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sushimommy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefliz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • ChefDebi