• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Use Your Booking Tree?

In summary, Julie Weitz suggests using a booking tree, but warns that it's not what will make someone a successful host. She says that the most important thing is to focus on the 4 Fs: food, fun, friends, and free.
chefliz
Gold Member
I would like for someone to specifically tell me what they put on their cards for their booking tree? Or how you use yours? Please be specific because I haven't had hardly any luck so I am wondering what I am doing wrong... :(

Girl, I have not had much luck with mine and I think it is a great idea.( not my idea of course)
I use card stock and make pretty flowers or designs on the computer or with my scrapbooking stuff ( punches). I just dates on want to fill, then I cut or print pictures of an item they will recieve if they pick that date. ( eg~ bar board and knife or Julienne Peeler , something $15 or under). I make a pretty card that says pick a date get a prize. I also let them know they have to host and close the party before they get their free item, otherwise people would take the tiem then never have their party. I know other people do it different, but I got my idea from my director and she has success with it.

On one side or the card stock I write the date and the incentive.
On the back I have them fill out a form that has there name and all of the contact info so that I can stick that in a card box at home until I have time to get it into the computer.
I have done some different forms of these. At easter I got plastic eggs and printed dates on the outside... the incentive was inside so it was a surprise. And then I got foam sheets and cut out the shape of flowers and cut a tiny criss-cross in the center. I then stuck a Dum-Dum suker in the hole to create the center of the flower as well as the stem. The dates and incentives were written on the "flowers". I put them in a small pot that had foam to hold them in place.
I think I'll do pilgrams for Thanksgiving (probably just Thanksgiving cards cut and mounted on card stock) and something for Christmas.
Somewhere on here someone was talking about getting some wedding shower invitations that were Brides or gowns. She stood the cards on her table at some fair... I thought that was a great idea for Bridal Showers!!
Hope that helps!

Here's the party date cards from Julie Weitz. I haven't used mine for a while actually...:blushing:....I need to get it out again. I have a cheap dollar store one and it doesn't hold the cards up very well. Something you can do too is get some flower/veggie seed packets and put the date on each one that you want to book and attach the card to it. I haven't had any luck with mine either when I used it. Guess that's why I put it away, but it's time to take it out again and give it another whirl! :)

Oops, forgot the document!

Attachments

• Party Date Card.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 365
chefliz said:
I would like for someone to specifically tell me what they put on their cards for their booking tree? Or how you use yours? Please be specific because I haven't had hardly any luck so I am wondering what I am doing wrong... :(

While the booking tree is nice and cute, it's not what will make someone host a show. Remember the 4 Fs: food, fun, friends, and free. There's a good CD on supply order called "Bookings Galore" that talks about all sorts of things you can do at your show to help increase bookings.

So I'd say that if you're booking tree isn't working, it's probably not what you're saying/doing at the tree, but what you're doing at the show.

I haven't had any luck with it at all, so I quit bothering to use it. One less thing to take. I do better without it anyway. I have found that it's better to make things as simple as possible at shows. IMO, people don't seem to respond to the "gimmicky" things. I just explain the host benefits PC offers and let the catalog do the talking. It seems to work better that way.

hollye44 said:
I haven't had any luck with it at all, so I quit bothering to use it. One less thing to take. I do better without it anyway. I have found that it's better to make things as simple as possible at shows. IMO, people don't seem to respond to the "gimmicky" things. I just explain the host benefits PC offers and let the catalog do the talking. It seems to work better that way.

Good point, Holly! I have found that I was starting to make things quite complicated, so I am trying to go back to the basics, but I do like the Booking Tree. We'll see......:rolleyes:

(pssst....this is post #900 for me....yippee....just 100 to go before I'm a stripper!! :D)

leftymac said:
While the booking tree is nice and cute, it's not what will make someone host a show. Remember the 4 Fs: food, fun, friends, and free. There's a good CD on supply order called "Bookings Galore" that talks about all sorts of things you can do at your show to help increase bookings.

So I'd say that if you're booking tree isn't working, it's probably not what you're saying/doing at the tree, but what you're doing at the show.

I have actually been getting bookings at my shows...just not with the booking tree. I have really been working on attendance and emphasizing the FUN, FREE, FRIENDS, and Food and my bookings have increased dramatically-usually 3 or 4 at every show now.

I just wondered if I could make the booking tree make it work even better...

1. How do I access my Booking Tree?

To access your Booking Tree, log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on "My Business" in the top navigation bar. Then, click on "Bookings" and select "Booking Tree" from the drop-down menu.

2. How do I add a new booking to my Booking Tree?

To add a new booking, click on the "Add Booking" button at the top of your Booking Tree page. Enter the customer's name, contact information, and preferred date and time for the booking. Click "Save" to add the booking to your tree.

3. How do I move a booking to a different date or time?

To move a booking, click on the booking and drag it to the desired date and time on your tree. You can also click on the booking and select "Edit" to change the date and time manually.

4. Can I customize the types of bookings on my Booking Tree?

Yes, you can customize the types of bookings on your tree by clicking on the "Settings" button at the top of the page. From there, you can add or remove types of bookings, such as parties, cooking classes, or fundraisers.

5. How do I track my bookings and sales on the Booking Tree?

Your Booking Tree automatically tracks your bookings and sales for each type of booking. You can view this information by clicking on the "Reports" button at the top of the page and selecting "Booking Tree" from the drop-down menu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcheatham08
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amgreen66
  • tiggerhale
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefNelson
  • ChefDebi