• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a 15oz Brie: Double the Pepper Pecan Mixture?

In summary, doubling the recipe will result in a thicker brie. The recipe can either be doubled or trippled, depending on how spicy the person wants it. Brushing olive oil on the bread before baking will help to ensure a golden, toasted crust.
reba515
I want to use a 15oz brie rather than the 8 should I actually double the Pepper Pecan mixture or is it enough as is ?? Just doing it for my open house not a demo

I would double it! :thumbup: I would just use one pepper or maybe 1 1/2.

I'd double the entire thing.
I like to use fairly large jalapenos that are at least 3 inches long.

You'd probably have to bake it longer, though, so you'd have to keep an eye on the bread so it doesn't burn...

thanks ladies!

At a show we doubled the recipe because the 15 oz was purchased, but we did not double the time. We still watched the bread, and when it was done the brie was done, too. The brie isn't thicker, is it? It's just bigger around.

JAE said:
At a show we doubled the recipe because the 15 oz was purchased, but we did not double the time. We still watched the bread, and when it was done the brie was done, too. The brie isn't thicker, is it? It's just bigger around.
That's right! It is not thicker so it would take the same amount of time - go by the bread.

I'd double the entire thing.
I like to use fairly large jalapenos that are at least 3 inches long.

I agree. I used only one in the regular recipe and it was barely detectable so next time I'll use 2. I'm not necessarily going for hot, just a bit spicy since the flavors meld so beautifully in this recipe. If it's mild for me, then it's really mild. My 12 yr old. son is the one who likes food as hot as it can get. I just like a bit of nip without completely killing my taste buds. :)

I would double the whole thing too. I love the mixture, so, I think the more the better.

yes, do double the recipe. mmm sounds delish! ALSO make sure to brush some olive oil on the bread pieces, that way it will toast around the edges and stay golden in the middle! PERFECT! When demo-ing I use silicone brush :eek:)

Related to Using a 15oz Brie: Double the Pepper Pecan Mixture?

1. What is "Another Brie Question"?

"Another Brie Question" is a popular Pampered Chef recipe that features brie cheese wrapped in crescent dough and topped with a delicious glaze.

2. What ingredients do I need to make "Another Brie Question"?

The ingredients for "Another Brie Question" include crescent dough, brie cheese, brown sugar, chopped pecans, honey, and dried cranberries.

3. How do I assemble "Another Brie Question"?

To assemble "Another Brie Question," roll out the crescent dough and place the brie cheese in the center. Wrap the dough around the cheese and pinch the edges to seal. Then, top with the glaze mixture and bake until golden brown.

4. Can I make "Another Brie Question" ahead of time?

Yes, "Another Brie Question" can be assembled ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to bake. You can also freeze the assembled dish for future use.

5. What are some variations of "Another Brie Question"?

Some popular variations of "Another Brie Question" include adding different toppings such as bacon, apples, or jam. You can also experiment with different types of cheese, such as goat cheese or gouda.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Get_Pampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefJoyJ