• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Uses for Corn Husks Beyond Corn on the Cob

In summary, corn husks can be used in a variety of creative ways including as natural food wraps, cleaning tools, and even as a natural dye. They can also be incorporated into cooking by adding flavor and moisture to grilled meats, steaming vegetables, or using as a casing for sausages. Corn husks can also be used for DIY projects such as making baskets or natural decorations. While there are no specific health benefits, they are a natural and biodegradable alternative to plastic and can even be used as a natural exfoliant for the skin. And finally, corn husks can be composted or used as a natural mulch in the garden.
DebPC
Staff member
Can this be used for anything else besides corn on the cob?

I use it all the time to get that extra pineapple off the skin after using the pineapple wedger. I get a very full cup of fresh crushed pineapple from it!

It's a good cross sell! :cool:

bethcooks4u said:
I use it all the time to get that extra pineapple off the skin after using the pineapple wedger. I get a very full cup of fresh crushed pineapple from it!

It's a good cross sell! :cool:

What an awesome idea! Thanks Beth!!

It's a great weapon!

cmdtrgd said:
It's a great weapon!

...and you know this how? :bugeye:;)

thanks for the pineapple tip... never thought of that... but have been taking a pineapple and corn on the cobb to every show and showing both of them...now I can show both of them together

Related to Uses for Corn Husks Beyond Corn on the Cob

What are some creative ways to use corn husks?

Some creative uses for corn husks include using them as natural food wraps for tamales or other dishes, using them as a natural scrubbing tool for cleaning pots and pans, using them as a natural dye for fabric, using them as a natural fire starter, and using them as a natural mulch for gardening.

How can I incorporate corn husks into my cooking?

Corn husks can be used to add flavor and moisture to grilled meats by wrapping them around the meat before cooking. They can also be used as a natural steaming tool for vegetables or fish. In addition, corn husks can be used as a natural casing for homemade sausages or as a substitute for parchment paper when baking.

Can corn husks be used for DIY projects?

Yes, corn husks can be used for a variety of DIY projects. They can be woven together to make baskets or used as a material for creating natural art. Corn husks can also be used to make natural ornaments or decorations for the home.

Are there any health benefits to using corn husks?

While there are no specific health benefits to using corn husks, they are a natural and biodegradable alternative to plastic or synthetic materials. They are also free from chemicals and can be used as a natural exfoliant for the skin when used in a bath or shower.

Can corn husks be composted?

Yes, corn husks are biodegradable and can be composted along with other organic materials. They can also be used as a natural mulch in the garden, providing nutrients to the soil as they decompose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
RFaulls
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • flemings99