• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gotta Feature the Corn in Nebraska

Great tips everyone!I wonder if some of it depends on the wattage of the microwave? I did it again last night with success (corn is a mainstay out here and now that it's on the cob my 4 year old will eat it lol)GRILL the corn !!! Grill the corn. Husk the corn, put the corn in packs of 4 with 2 T of water in foil. Grill for 20 min turning once.Then...Mix 1 T of Chili Lime Rub with 2 T melted butter and brush on corn, return to grill 2 min or so on all sides to get yummy grill marks.
minirottie
Thanks to the product tip from someone else to do corn on the cob in the DCB. I tested it Saturday and it was PERFECT!

Because of that and being in Nebraska (where we love our corn!) I'm doing a Chicken Your Way show with corn in the DCB, so a great chance to highlight some very nice products, do a somewhat summer themed show of grilling (without the heat of the outdoors!) and still do cooking in a short amount of time!

minirottie said:
Thanks to the product tip from someone else to do corn on the cob in the DCB. I tested it Saturday and it was PERFECT!

Because of that and being in Nebraska (where we love our corn!) I'm doing a Chicken Your Way show with corn in the DCB, so a great chance to highlight some very nice products, do a somewhat summer themed show of grilling (without the heat of the outdoors!) and still do cooking in a short amount of time!

I missed that tip on corn on the cob... How was it done? With water or not... How long did it take?

Yeah, I was hoping the tip for the corn was going to be here...or a link to where the tip is.

Please.....

Thank you!

Lisa

It's in the DCB cookbook, and I agree, it's AWESOME! (pg. 34 in the version I have):

DCB Cookbook said:
Corn on the Cob
Discard tough outer husks and silk of corn. Reserve tender inner husks and rinse under cool water. Trim stems off cobs. Line bottom of baker with half of husks. Add corn, top with remaining husks and ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.

PS...Go Big Red!

Oops sorry!
The way I did it (from the other thread) was up to 6 ears of corn (husks/silks removed) and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave for 8-9 minutes!

minirottie said:
Oops sorry!
The way I did it (from the other thread) was up to 6 ears of corn (husks/silks removed) and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave for 8-9 minutes!

Wow! I'm so excited to try this!

I've done it that way, but I have experienced if the corn is touching the sides or ends of the DCB, they will get a little tough.

What a great summer meal idea! With temps in the 100+ range, anything that doesn't heat up the house is a God-send. Thanks for sharing!

I've had good luck with this, but when my mom & sister tried it they weren't thrilled with the outcome. :( I don't know what happened.

babywings76 said:
I've had good luck with this, but when my mom & sister tried it they weren't thrilled with the outcome. :( I don't know what happened.

I wonder if some of it depends on the wattage of the microwave? I did it again last night with success (corn is a mainstay out here and now that it's on the cob my 4 year old will eat it lol)

GRILL the corn !!!

Husk the corn put the corn in packs of 4 with 2 T of water in foil. grill for 20 min turning once.
Then...
Mix 1 T of Chili Lime Rub with 2 T melted butter and brush on corn, return to grill 2 min or so on all sides to get yummy grill marks.

super duper yummy!

I've made corn in the microwave several times and it alwasy turns out good - I never leave husks on them, just add some water, cook about 10 minutes with lid on. Like Kristen mentioned, maybe its the microwave wattage?

We grill our corn also, leave the corn whole just soak in H2O for 20 mintues prior to throwing on grill. When you leave the husk on while grilling it leaves the bottom as a handle and the silk slides right out. We will make a butter compound with one of the PC seasonings, Chili lime is my favorite!

1. What is "Gotta Feature the Corn in Nebraska"?

"Gotta Feature the Corn in Nebraska" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features delicious recipes using fresh Nebraska corn as the main ingredient.

2. Are all the recipes in "Gotta Feature the Corn in Nebraska" made with corn?

While corn is the star ingredient in most of the recipes, there are also side dishes and desserts included that do not feature corn.

3. Can I use frozen or canned corn in the recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen or canned corn in the recipes if fresh corn is not available. However, the taste and texture may vary slightly.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in the cookbook?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan recipes in the cookbook that are marked with a special symbol for easy identification.

5. Can I purchase "Gotta Feature the Corn in Nebraska" online?

Yes, "Gotta Feature the Corn in Nebraska" is available for purchase online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Mr. Pampered Chef
  • nikked