• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Use Yahoo Group to Stay in Touch With Customers

In summary, using a Yahoo group to distribute your newsletter may violate the Web guidelines. You can use a distribution list in your email client, but it is more difficult to maintain.
mheat923
Does anyone do this?

WHat are the pros?

What are the cons?

I am test driving it now have about 5 people who joined which is all I asked for now dont want everyone joining and me not staying with this method....

I do not use is myself but when my recruiter was active she did. I liked the format of her newsletter she would send out to the groud. Other than letting you know I liked it, I have no other informaiton though, sorry.

I couldn't seem to figure out how to doa newsletter with pictures using this method Perhsp somemone else has a clue

Officially, this is against the rules. The Web guidelines state that we are not allowed to create a listserv or group to use to communicate with customers.I don't think you can do a newsletter with pics through a Yahoo group, anyway. Or if so, it has to be set up a certain way.

geeze, we can't even keep up with or customers with a private email group...oh well...so much for the thought......guess I better go close the group now!

You can use a distribution list in your regular email program. Just not a Yahoo/MSN group.

Ann - what is the difference if it is a private group on yahoo versus a list through our email server?

Well, the confusing part is if you use Yahoo as your email service. Then the terminology can get a little muddy.A Yahoo group is, technically speaking, a Listserv. You send a note to it's address, and it distributes it to all the members. If you belong to Kathy's PC Loop or Let's Make a Deal (or many other such groups for consultants), those are Yahoo groups. You can create one in which you are the only person who can post messages for distribution, known as a newsletter group. The software for a Yahoo group tracks bad email addresses and will take people off the list if their mail bounces too many times.A distribution list in your email client is something that you need to maintain. Many internet providers have limits set on the number of people you can send to at one time (frequently 10). I think the reason we can't use a Yahoo group is because, as impersonal as an email newsletter can be, it's even worse when it comes through a group.

The other issue with a yahoo group is that the files and emails you send are kept on the web and therefore including links to your PWS in any correspondence on a yahoo group would violate the "no links" policy.

1. How do I join a Yahoo Group to stay in touch with my customers?

To join a Yahoo Group, you first need to have a Yahoo account. Once you have an account, you can search for the specific group you want to join and click on the "Join Group" button. You may also be invited to join a group by the group owner or moderator.

2. Can I create my own Yahoo Group for my customers?

Yes, you can create your own Yahoo Group for your customers by clicking on the "Create Group" button on the Yahoo Groups homepage. You will then be prompted to fill out information about your group, such as the name, description, and privacy settings.

3. How do I invite my customers to join my Yahoo Group?

Once you have created your Yahoo Group, you can invite your customers to join by clicking on the "Invite People" button on the group's homepage. You can enter their email addresses or send them a link to join the group.

4. What are the benefits of using a Yahoo Group to stay in touch with customers?

A Yahoo Group allows you to easily communicate with a large group of customers at once. You can share updates, promotions, and other important information with them through group emails or posts. It also provides a platform for customers to ask questions and share their experiences with your products.

5. Can I use a Yahoo Group to sell products to my customers?

Yahoo Groups is not a platform for direct sales, but you can use it to promote your products and drive traffic to your online store or in-person events. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to your group members as a way to incentivize them to purchase from you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lorna May
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1