• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Urgh! New Consultant Frustrations

In summary, Sandra's new recruit is very motivated and bright, but time-challenged. She created lesson plans for her to help her learn the ropes, and it seems to be working.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I have a new recruit who started off as a friend. She signed at the end of the month of June. I have trained her like everyone else, but she isn't getting it. She keeps saying that now that she's signed up I don't call her, she can't reach me, and I don't want anything to do with her.

That is totally untrue!! During her first 3 weeks we were travelling quite a bit, but I told her to call me with any questions. I was available by cell phone. However, she did not read the business binder. She has not taken any online training courses. I told her (the day she signed up) she should go ahead and get her TPC debit card and apply for the direct deposit so there wouldn't be any delays when she was ready to submit her shows.

She wants me to be at her house and put the stuff in for her. I don't know what to do! How do I help her when she won't do what I suggest to her? She had a show scheduled for this past week that she cancelled because she was so frustrated with P3. I went to her house and spent 3 hours working on it with her but got kicked out because they were expecting guests, so we didn't get one whole show put in. She has about 5 to submit. When I got to her house she hadn't even applied for her debit card. There was so much she needed to have done before I got there that I had to walk her through that we didn't get to putting the show in.

I don't want to lose her as a recruit, but she is already coming up with excuses. Not to mention we are friends. I really hate the way she's blaming me for not getting it done.

Any tips? Suggestions?

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

It's so hard to be in business with friends/family. Take a breath and then sit down with her and have a heart to heart with her. Tell her you are trying to give her all the help you give other new consultants. I might say something like I especially want her to succeed since she's my friend first and I have to watch that it doesn't look like I'm playing favorites.

It's hard, I know but you'll know what to say and hopefully she'll hear you.

hmmm....this sounds like a tough one. I think a nice chat over coffee one day SOON and tell her what you told us....you want her to succeed and you are really trying, but you feel she isn't.
I think friends & Family are the hardest to deal with!

Thank you for your insight, ladies! It is just hard to deal with her. I know how she is and I'm sure she is telling ANYBODY who'll listen about how I've abandoned her now that she's signed up.

Totally ridiculous!!

Sounds to me like she decided she's regretting her decision to be a consultant and she's looking for an excuse - looks like she's trying to make you feel guilty and that it's your fault she's not succeeding. I agree with Meg and Beth, have a good chat with her and find out what HER intentions are. good luck Sandra!

Ok, so I had a light bulb idea the other day!!! (My first??!!). I have a new consultant who is new to the US, new to speaking English (only been here 2 years and still learning), lives in a house with 6 adults and at last count 7 kids--you get the picture. She is VERY motivated and VERY bright, just time challenged (she watches the kids). SOOOO, I wanted to get her off on the right track, and just telling her to read the business guide and watch the DVD would get a blank stare--I could tell she was thinking. ok, when?

So I thought to myself, wait a minute, I homeschooled for 12 years, and my son is autistic and learning challenged, how would I do this with him. Soooo

LESSON PLANS. I sat down and made lesson plans for her for the next two weeks that involved only 20 min a day that she could break into 2 10 min. segments if she needed to. She can do more if she wants, but this is the bare minimum.

Example: Day 1: read pages __ thru___ in the business guide, section _____. Day 2, take ______ online course. Day 3, purchase and buy the ingredients to make ____________ for your family. Read ______ pages in b. guide. Day 4, make the recipe for your famiy and critique it.

It's WORKING!!!! She's slowly coming around. She has done 2 shows already (I did the first for her and she took notes, she did the second).

Perhaps this might help your friend? Sometimes people just don't get how to get started and we need to help them with baby steps.

That's awesome! Could you share the plan with us?

That is a really good idea. She went ahead and submitted 2 more of the 5 shows she's holding. I called her the other day and she quickly got off the phone. She doesn't do email. Frankly, she's computer challenged. I think she's a little irked too because her husband said he'd be doing this with her and hasn't helped at all.

Course who takes the blame?

I will try breaking down the steps into more manageable pieces. Thank you!!

This year I started doing weekly calls with new consultants and use the New Consultant Record. I mark off what they have done and give them things to do by the next weekly call. That way I know where they are and if things are getting done. Maybe that will help with her or future consultants. It's really kept them on track and them accountable for what they do or don't do.

What should I do if I am having trouble booking parties as a new consultant?

If you are having trouble booking parties, try reaching out to your friends and family first. They are often willing to support you and host a party. You can also use social media to advertise your business and offer special incentives for hosting a party. Additionally, attend local vendor events or reach out to local businesses to collaborate on hosting a party.

How can I increase my sales as a new consultant?

To increase your sales, focus on building relationships with your customers. Offer personalized recommendations and follow up with them after they make a purchase. You can also offer exclusive deals and promotions to your loyal customers. Additionally, attend cooking shows and product demonstrations to showcase the value and versatility of Pampered Chef products.

What should I do if I am struggling to recruit new team members?

If you are having trouble recruiting new team members, start by sharing your own success story and how being a Pampered Chef consultant has benefited you. You can also offer to mentor and support new team members, as well as provide them with resources and training materials. Additionally, attend company events and network with other consultants to build relationships and potentially find new team members.

How can I stay motivated as a new consultant?

To stay motivated, set realistic goals for yourself and track your progress. Celebrate small successes and milestones, and don't be afraid to ask for support from your upline or fellow consultants. Attending company events and training sessions can also help you stay motivated and inspired. Remember why you joined Pampered Chef and focus on the joy and satisfaction that comes from helping others and building your own business.

What resources are available to help me as a new consultant?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help new consultants succeed. These include training materials, online classes, and a community of consultants who are always willing to offer support and advice. You can also reach out to your upline or mentor for personalized guidance and support. Additionally, attend company events and take advantage of the opportunities to network and learn from other successful consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vanscootin