• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent - Urgent Prayer Request!!!!

In summary, 3-year-old boy falls into septic tank and is revived but is in a coma with uncertain prognosis. His parents are Tim and Theresa and are receiving support from their local church.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I just found out the a couple who used to work at the camp we work at and lives in our town had their 3 year old son fall into a septic tank last night. He was pulled out by Dad and Dad couldn't revive him. EMS got him revived and flown to Marshfield in WI.

He is in a chemically induced coma, they are sure his brain function should be o.k. but are not giving the family any false hopes of survival because they don't think his organs can sustain life (he is on a respirator right now). His lungs should be white when scanned but are grey.

Parents are Tim & Theresa and just pray for their 3-year-old son (I want to respect their privacy and safety beyond that...)

There are people from their local church supporting them emotionally and are collecting financially so hopefully that is what they need.

So, please just pray!!!!

LOTS of prayers coming their way~

Ginny

My prayers are with them!

We will definitely be praying for this family. Thanks for letting us know!

I'm praying too.

Sending much need prayers ..... thanks for letting us know ...keep us posted!!

How very sad. The family is in my prayers as well.

I'll pass along the prayer request to my church and my dad's church prayer chains, NE PA will be saying lots of prayers for this family.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone involved.

Lisa

I'm praying.

My heart is hurting for them - I will be praying!

They are in my prayers, too!

What a heartbreaking story. I will uplift them in my prayers
Teresa

Thanks to all - a coworker here and his wife (doing her PC show tomorrow night) took off about noon with another coworkers wife (all former camp staff) to head to Marshfield to be with them.

Theresa (mom) is also about 8 months pregnant (don't know her exact due date), so hopefully the stress won't be too much!

I truly can't (and don't want to) imagine this being my little guy.

I will try to get word to them that MANY are praying for them!

I haven't had a medical update since I posted this initially, but my best friend said she'd call me at work or on my cell whenever she hears any kind of update through the prayer chains.

janetupnorth said:
I haven't had a medical update since I posted this initially, but my best friend said she'd call me at work or on my cell whenever she hears any kind of update through the prayer chains.

Thanks Janet - this is going to be on my heart and in prayers constantly today....my son is almost 3, and I just can't imagine....

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Janet - this is going to be on my heart and in prayers constantly today....my son is almost 3, and I just can't imagine....

My son turned 3 in December and their son just turned 3 in February so we were pregnant together and the kids are the same age...I can't imagine the hurt either...

I have said a prayer. We had a sutiation in a near by town recently when 2 children fell in a pool. So horible. We need to all hugs our kids and enjoy every second!!

How horrible! I can't imagine.
saying prayers for his little body to be fine and for his family during this time.

I am at work right now and I am looking at my daughters photo while typing (yes I can type without looking at my fingers) thinking about the time that I had a close call with her.... I will be sure to say a few extra prayers tonight for him and his family.

Oh wow, I can't even imagine....please let us know that he is okay!

Prayers for the family and especially the little boy are coming their way from me as well. How tragic...

Only word I can get right now is that he is still alive and they know his kidneys are functioning...hope to hear more later tonight. There are a group of us that all know the family that promised to make each others' phones ring if we hear ANY news...

Janet the fact that his kidneys are functioning is a great sign--Prayers coming from my way too! My son is 4, I can't imagine what they are going through. The power of positive thinking can go a long way!

My prayers are with the family too. How sad...

That's a parent's worst nightmare. I will keep them all in my prayers.

Prayers are being made in my household. Hearing stories like this make me always hug and kiss my boys a little more.

Latest update is that the doctors are seeing signs that the lungs are healing (body is healing) vs. a few hours ago where the chemicals/toxins were eating the lungs. They are still VERY concerned about the lungs and stomach but this is the first good sign. They keep telling the family that he probably won't make it (they don't want to give false hope) but MANY are praying all over and this is a good sign. ...don't know if I'll get any more updates until morning now...possibly one later tonight before bed...

PrayersDefinitely my family and church will pray about this. How awful. God is in the business of miracles and I hope this is one that can show His glory to those doctors and people all around. Please continue to keep us updated when ever you get a chance. What a horrible tragedy. :(

Debbie :D

I will be praying for them as well...

I have 2 little boys as well, 2 year old and 4 year old sons...my heart breaks for this family, especially the mother...What a heart-wrenching story...

Update on the Mom: She is due the 1st week of May and supposed to be on bedrest and on meds to stop contractions. She is doing well...she was very tense for the 1 1/2 hour drive last night from Rhinelander to the hospital, but she is doing well today pregnancy-wise (probably due to the fact she's still in shock!). This is her 4th pregnancy. I hadn't seen her in awhile and forgot she has a little girl about 1 year old. Big brother is 5, son in hospital just turned 3.

I just said a prayer for this family, I have a 6 yr old son, and just can't imagine what they are going through. I will be checking this post frequently.

I will pray for him. God does such amazing things. He definately did me some huge favors today. Hope all is well.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this terrible time. Continue to keep us posted. I can't imagine going through something like that.

Prayers have been said.....Please keep us updated!

Prayers here in Michigan, God Bless the parents and that precious little boy.... I have 2 boys one just turned 6 and one 16 mths. Feeling choked up right now.

Last edited:
No new news this a.m....the doctors said they'll know more and tell more at 72 hours (tomorrow - Friday night). Please keep praying for him and his parents and siblings - Mom who is due 1st week of May and Dad who had to pull him out of the septic.

Good news is he's still alive and we have the "glimmer of hope" that his body will start to heal.

God has made our bodies to be incredibly self-healing.....and He is the Great Physician.....I'm still praying today - all day.

Lots of prayers going up for this little boy. I can't even imagine!

I just got word that they are seeing some signs that he is breathing on his own (on a respirator right now) so that is an encouraging sign of healing...hopefully the rest of the organs will keep up.

Also, we found out that the septic was pumped 2 days prior, lid on but not screwed down. Bad because it allowed the kids to lift it, but good that the septic was just pumped because it means the chemicals (methane, etc.) are a lot less and the water content was higher...

janetupnorth said:
I just got word that they are seeing some signs that he is breathing on his own (on a respirator right now) so that is an encouraging sign of healing...hopefully the rest of the organs will keep up.

Also, we found out that the septic was pumped 2 days prior, lid on but not screwed down. Bad because it allowed the kids to lift it, but good that the septic was just pumped because it means the chemicals (methane, etc.) are a lot less and the water content was higher...

That is such good news! Thanks for the hopeful update.

Thanks for the update, Janet. I keep checking back in just to see how he's doing. I'll continue to pray for the family!

Thanks for the update

Diane - I like the Zig Ziglar quote - He is so awesome His offices and home are in my neck of the woods. I saw him speak several times when I was in Amway a decade ago.

I have to pass this on too - didn't realize it happened the same night as the first incident. A lady at my work told me that a boy from her church - age 20 - was in a car accident. He is in a coma due to the accident and there is damage to his brain stem. They are running test to check brain activity, but doctors say it will take a miracle for him to come out of it. His name is Luke and they are pretty sure he is a born-again Christian. His mom is taking it pretty hard. My coworker is on the prayer chain at her church and will update me if/when she hears any news...

Whew...what a busy, trying week...I had my husband in the ER this same day for 3-4 hours with a reaction from gasoline...he is doing well now though...

janetupnorth said:

I guess that is a blessing in disquise (sp) I will continue to pray for that family though.

janetupnorth said:
I have to pass this on too - didn't realize it happened the same night as the first incident. A lady at my work told me that a boy from her church - age 20 - was in a car accident. He is in a coma due to the accident and there is damage to his brain stem. They are running test to check brain activity, but doctors say it will take a miracle for him to come out of it. His name is Luke and they are pretty sure he is a born-again Christian. His mom is taking it pretty hard. My coworker is on the prayer chain at her church and will update me if/when she hears any news...

Whew...what a busy, trying week...I had my husband in the ER this same day for 3-4 hours with a reaction from gasoline...he is doing well now though...

I can say I know what Lukes family is going through... my husband 10 years ago was in a serious car accident. He was driving home from the store one night and an oncoming car was coming right at him, he had a choice ditch it to the left ut he didnt know if that car was passing another becasue it was on a curve or ditch to the right, the spirit prompted him to go to the right, he turn his car into a dead spin at 35mph, and wraped it around a tree, banging his head against the glass, totaled his car completly. It put him into accoma imdiately for a week, the Doctors prepared my inlaws for the worst, they said he will never wake up, he will never breath on his own, he will never walk, he wll be a vegatable for the rest of his life. I wasnt' dating my Dh at that time, and I knew of him from church related functions and dances and so forth, I spent many times just sitting by him. He woke up a week later, he had to learn how to walk, talk, everything again. He has what is called a tramatic brain injury, it affects his short term memory.David has his good days with his memory and he has his bad days. Their are days when he can't walk across the room without looking at me going what was I doing. Then their are days that he is just fine. He graduated College Thanks to Vocational Rehabilitation helping along the way, and now holds two Engeneering Degree's. The lord works in really mysterious ways and watches' over us in our times in needs. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers this night.

Kathytnt said:
Thanks for the update

Diane - I like the Zig Ziglar quote - He is so awesome His offices and home are in my neck of the woods. I saw him speak several times when I was in Amway a decade ago.

Thank you!

Wow, Leah - what a story! I'm so glad that your husband is alive, and like you said, the Lord works in mysterious ways! My cousin and her husband were in a very serious accident last September. Rich was in a coma for 6 weeks. The doctors said he wouldn't make it, but he took his first steps about 3 weeks ago and is back at work!

Janet, more prayers coming up your way from SE Wisconsin!

I am thankful that he is alive and well too, I am glad that your cousin and her husband are doing better... Janet more prayers are comign your way from me as well!!!

Janet I hope all goes well with this family. My thoughts and prayers are with this family in time of need.

Today's update so far: Little Boy (Beniah is his name) - getting blood transfusions today - his blood is not in good condition and not looking too good. He still needs a lot of prayer.

Luke - 20 year old in coma - still in coma, not sure of results of test on brain activity. Doctors say this week is critical for him and then after this, family needs to decide what to do...

<h2>1. What happened to the 3 year old son of Tim and Theresa?</h2><p>He fell into a septic tank and was pulled out by his father. He was then revived by EMS and flown to Marshfield in WI.</p><h2>2. How is the child currently doing?</h2><p>The child is currently in a chemically induced coma and on a respirator. The medical team is unsure if his organs can sustain life.</p><h2>3. Is there any hope for the child's survival?</h2><p>The medical team is not giving the family any false hopes of survival, but they are sure that his brain function should be okay. However, they are concerned about his organs.</p><h2>4. How can we support the family during this difficult time?</h2><p>The family is receiving emotional support from their local church and there is a financial collection being organized for them. Keeping them in your thoughts and prayers is also greatly appreciated.</p><h2>5. Can you provide more information about the family?</h2><p>In order to respect the privacy and safety of the family, we are only able to share their names and ask for prayers on their behalf. Thank you for understanding.</p>

1. What happened to the 3 year old son of Tim and Theresa?

He fell into a septic tank and was pulled out by his father. He was then revived by EMS and flown to Marshfield in WI.

2. How is the child currently doing?

The child is currently in a chemically induced coma and on a respirator. The medical team is unsure if his organs can sustain life.

3. Is there any hope for the child's survival?

The medical team is not giving the family any false hopes of survival, but they are sure that his brain function should be okay. However, they are concerned about his organs.

4. How can we support the family during this difficult time?

The family is receiving emotional support from their local church and there is a financial collection being organized for them. Keeping them in your thoughts and prayers is also greatly appreciated.

5. Can you provide more information about the family?

In order to respect the privacy and safety of the family, we are only able to share their names and ask for prayers on their behalf. Thank you for understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cat
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
Replies
Views
pchockeymom