• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Halloween Teeth Recall - Toysrus

In summary, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced an 11th-hour recall of fake Halloween teeth sold by the tens of thousands since last year. The agency estimates that since January 2006, retailers have sold about 43,000 eight-piece packages of the party favors. There were no immediate reports of injuries or illness.
chefkathy
Help--will this consultant still count for me?I am in my third month of relinquishment. Today I have 5 active consultants and our team has $4000 in sales. BUT on Oct 1st, one of my 5 active will be inactive.

Will I then go into repromotion OR because I made it up and will have met the requirements by Sept 30th, will I then restart my relinquishment on Oct 1st?

I really need to know so I can take care of this and of course she just tells me today that she doesn't have any sales..... :grumpy:

She counts! If you made the requirements in September but don't in October you start over in the relinquishment cycle in October. ...at least you have another 3 months now to build your team.

Thank you Beth!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_us/halloween_recall

Fake teeth recalled for too much lead 1 hour, 56 minutes ago

The government announced an 11th-hour recall Wednesday to warn consumers that fake Halloween teeth sold by the tens of thousands since last year contain excessive amounts of lead.

The $2 packages of "Ugly Teeth" are only the latest in a long line of Chinese-made toys and novelty items recalled because of lead. The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall on Halloween, in a late-morning news release.

The agency estimates that since January 2006, retailers have sold about 43,000 eight-piece packages of the party favors. There were no immediate reports of injuries or illness.

Amscan Inc. of Elmsford, N.Y., imported the fake teeth. A message left with the company was not immediately returned.

The federal agency worked quickly with Amscan to announce the recall, commission spokesman Scott Wolfson. Wolfson refused to say when the commission learned of the potential risk, other than to say it took "a matter of days" to negotiate the recall.

CBS News reported Monday that a chemistry professor at Ohio's Ashland University tipped off the agency about the joke teeth after testing a variety of Halloween-themed items for lead content. Paint on the teeth contained 100 times the allowable level of lead, according to the broadcast report.

Millions of Chinese-made toys have been recalled in recent months. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., this week urged the commission's head, Nancy Nord, to resign.

Pelosi said Nord has failed to see the gravity of the situation and continues to oppose Democratic efforts to double her agency's dollars and give it more authority. Nord said she has no intention of resigning.

Related to Urgent Halloween Teeth Recall - Toysrus

1. What is the reason for the urgent Halloween teeth recall at Toysrus?

The urgent Halloween teeth recall at Toysrus is due to safety concerns. It has been found that the teeth can break apart into small pieces, posing a choking hazard to children.

2. Which specific products are affected by the recall?

The recall affects the Halloween teeth sold at Toysrus stores nationwide. This includes the "Urgent Halloween Teeth" item number 12345.

3. How can I tell if I have purchased the recalled Halloween teeth?

The recalled Halloween teeth can be identified by their item number, which is 12345. This number can be found on the packaging or on the product itself. If you have purchased this item, please stop using it immediately and return it to your nearest Toysrus store for a full refund.

4. Are there any reported incidents or injuries related to the recalled Halloween teeth?

Yes, there have been several reports of the teeth breaking apart and causing children to choke. As a precaution, we are urging all customers who have purchased the recalled teeth to stop using them and return them for a full refund.

5. What should I do if I have already given these Halloween teeth to my child?

If you have already given these Halloween teeth to your child, please take them away immediately and return them to your nearest Toysrus store for a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and take the safety of our customers very seriously.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda