• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ups Left a $1500 Order on the Hostess's Doorstep!

In summary, a neighbor left eight large PC boxes on the porch of a neighbor 2 doors down from us, and we brought them all in to our garage. We should call UPS to complain.
yankeeinontario
Silver Member
I did a fund raiser for a neighbor 2 doors down from us. I came in to the subdivision today a different way then I normally do. This took me right past her front door.

I glance at the house on the way by and see 8 large PC boxes on the porch! Her SUV was in the drive, but she was on a field trip and had walked to school!

I ended up taking my wagon and bringing all of the boxes in to my garage. I guess it's a good thing that this was my neighbor.

Should I call UPS to complain?

Unfortunately, that has happened to me too. Some of my hosts live in not so good areas and the neighbors arent as thoughtful, if you know what I mean.

Its sad that Fed Ex and UPS do not require as signature. Its something I've brought up to Home office several times.

We all should call HO about that. It isnt right...

Signature required services cost extra for large companies. Most do an automatic signature release because believe it or not for all those who want signature required, there are tons more who complain that with a signature required they can't get their packages for days or have to pick it up at a local hub because they aren't home. These people complain too...the signature release is usually the lesser of 2 evils for companies, at least where I work. It is cheaper to deal with a stolen package than all the complaints the other way often.

That happened with FedEx to one of my hosts. I contacted the HO to let them know she wasn't pleased. If they don't know about the problem (or that we consider it a problem), they can't address the issue.

We were typing at the same time, Janet. You make a very good point.

This happened to one of my hosts and she lives in a not so nice part of Long Beach, CA. Her stuff was stolen!! She lives in a 10 apt. complex and they just left it on her front door. I called the HO and they explained the same thing, that they have a no sig required policy with FEDEx. I told her that was going to be a huge problem in some of the areas where I book shows. They ended up re-sending her entire order to ME! I had to then drive the order to the host. They said someone would "investigate" the incident. OH, but wait before that the Host called me all upset because she said the HO people treated her like she was a liar. Only because they asked her if any of her neighbors may have picked up the order.

raebates said:
We were typing at the same time, Janet. You make a very good point.

:)

So did you about letting them know though. It doesn't hurt to tell them in case there is something they will do. Maybe in the future they will do signature required for shows over "X amount"....

Addie4TLC said:
Only because they asked her if any of her neighbors may have picked up the order.

Were you able to explain that they have to check all possibilities since that sometimes does happen?

janetupnorth said:
Were you able to explain that they have to check all possibilities since that sometimes does happen?

Yes I did, but she was deeply offended and was beginning to get mad with me because I wasn't taking her side. She said that they told her (which I'm sure is not true) that I was supposed to explain to her ahead of time that the order would be left on her doorstep so it was in part my fault. In the end I just told her not to worry that as soon as her order was here I would take it to her.

I make sure to tell all my hosts that FedEx doesn't require a signature and that they will leave it at their doorstep if no one's home. Heck, I'll be home and the driver still doesn't knock even when both cars are in the driveway. I make a point to say this because they should know the neighborhood they live in and if they aren't comfortable, they do have other options - work, friend, family, or if your nice, yourself.

Last edited:
I REALLY don't want us to have to sign for the shipments, nor do my hosts. I do tell them that it is a possiblity that if they are not home they will leave it on the doorstep. If they are uncomfortable I volunteer to accept the shipment delivery to my house and she can pick it up or I will drop it off. I know we don't like extra hassle but it keeps our costs down.
Remember there is usually a good alternative to something like this.

I had a problem this week. My host wanted the shipment to her business address. Sure enough, it shipped on the 15th, and is to be delivered on
Sat. the 17th. The business is not open on Sat. I called her and put it on
her to contact Fed Ex, and ask for delivery on Monday, which is a normal
delivery day to business addresses. Our HO was really at fault for putting
it as a home delivery which I figure they believe to be okay on weekends.
Her business has regular Fed Ex and UPS deliveries, and since it is in another
county, not the ones that generally deliver to me.

I have not heard back from her, but will, no doubt by Tuesday, if it has
gone astray.

Maybe a way to deal with this would be during host coaching or closing the show... something like, "All of the orders from the show will be shipped to you via FedEx... if you're not home at the time of delivery, they will simply leave the boxes on your doorstep. Will that be okay, or do you want to give me an alternate address for delivery?" Then you've covered yourself and given her a heads-up that that's how PC currently does it.

finley1991 said:
Maybe a way to deal with this would be during host coaching or closing the show... something like, "All of the orders from the show will be shipped to you via FedEx... if you're not home at the time of delivery, they will simply leave the boxes on your doorstep. Will that be okay, or do you want to give me an alternate address for delivery?" Then you've covered yourself and given her a heads-up that that's how PC currently does it.
That is what I do and I have not had anyone upset about it. They are glad that they don't have to sit at home and wait for delivery.

My main issue with FedEx is that they don't ring the doorbell or knock when they make a delivery so you don't know there are boxes until you see them....or you can't get out your door b/c they are piled-up against it! And, I never know where they are going to leave my packages (I have a new fedex guy now that I have to train....:grumpy: ) If my garage door is open he sometimes brings them in and puts them next to my inside door. If it's closed, the boxes could be anywhere.....by the front door or outside the garage doors.....sort of like hide and seek :confused: .

My other issue with FedEx is that they pad their delivery time. ALL my deliveries come one day before the shipment tracker says they will be delivered. I questioned my local hub about this and the person I talked to said that evidently there was extra room on the truck so that they could get my boxes to me a day earlier than expected and that I should be happy about that......yeah, I might believe that if it happened once ina while....not EVERY delivery. I told her it looked to me like they padded their delivery times so that they would have a good on-time record.....hmmmmm....frusterating!

I have not had any problems with lost shipments or broken items with Fed Ex.....but I MISS UPS!!!!!!!
UPS IS SO MUCH MORE CUSTOMER FRIENDLY!!!!

Linda~

I would call your local FedEx...sounds like your driver needs to be talked to. My driver is SUPER nice...even brings up my newspaper if it's laying in the driveway!! How dumb can you be to put packages up against a door so it can't be opened??!!

Kelly, I called about it back when we first went to FedEx and finally got my driver trained. I have a new driver now, so I guess I need to call again. It's just frusterating.

I had a SLAH party a few weeks ago and they use FEdEx too. Well, if you've ever had a SLAH show delivered to you you know that they have HUGE boxes. I was out for a few errands and when I came home the entire shipment, plus a PC shipment was sitting in front of my garage door. What ticked me off was that DH was home!

Last edited:
finley1991 said:

Great idea! I just called my last week's host and told her the package was due to be delivered today. While we were on the phone, FedEx showed up!

When I close my show from last night, I'm going to mention this to the host. It is easy to forget - I receive several FedEx or UPS packages per month, but I'm on a really safe cul-de-sac and don't think anything of them leaving a pile of boxes. Last night's host lives on a pretty busy street, and is gone a lot.

finley1991 said:

I always do this. I tell every host that if they are not home, the boxes will be left. If they aren't comfortable with that, they give me an alternate address. I don't see why this is a problem. We know it is the way things work so we should inform our hostesses.

The only problem with a different address is that you don't know when something will be shipped/delivered. Case in point: my host just closed a show & I turned it in. Turn-around times have been very quick lately. We used her work address so that if the order is shipped quickly, it will be delivered to her work hopefully by Wednesday. If it's not shipped in time to be here by Weds., it will be Monday before she can get her packages, with turkey day on Thurs, business closed on Friday & Saturday.

It's kind of a crapshoot as to which address to use. :)

I guess my driver has me spoiled. He rings my bell and brings the boxes into my place. If I am not home when he comes he leaves them on my patio and you can't see the boxes from the street--only from the inside.

I haven't had any problems with Fed Ex. Then again, I live on a really safe street and all my neighbors look out for eachother.

As far as hosts, I TRY to let them know abuot the delivery thing. It's usually not a problem and I am greatful that they do deliver when no one is home. I just don't have the time to pick up items from a hub.

My driver didn't ring my doorbell and it bothered me too. So one day when I was home and heard him pull in the driveway, I went out and met him. I asked him just to ring the bell when he leaves and items and now he does. Plus, the next time he came back he placed an order!

pamperedharriet said:
I guess my driver has me spoiled. He rings my bell and brings the boxes into my place. If I am not home when he comes he leaves them on my patio and you can't see the boxes from the street--only from the inside.

I'm one of the fortunate ones also Harriet...

My FedEx driver, Chris, knocks on the door, brings them in and sits them wherever I ask him to....AND....if I am not at home, he puts the boxes on the back porch....AND!!!! if it is raining and I am not at home, He WRAPS my boxes in plastic to protect them. I certainly tell him each and every time that he certainly knows how to take care of his customers....

(YES - I have offered the biz to him) :) He's happy wiht his current 12 hour a day job...

I am a fairly new consultant, so this is all good information! It seems that they are shipping so quickly up here as well. I'll have to keep an eye on the shipping tracker!

yankeeinontario said:
I am a fairly new consultant, so this is all good information! It seems that they are shipping so quickly up here as well. I'll have to keep an eye on the shipping tracker!

As a service to my hosts, I always watch the shipping tracker and let them know when their order ships and when to expect it to arrive. They always thank me for doing this for them. I do this on top of the "email reminder" Pampered Chef sends out when it ships because alot of the time I notice that it sends this the day it arrives at the host's house, not giving them much warning.

One of my new consultants got two orders that same day and was missing a 7pc set!!! She called the HO and they are sending another.... just like that.

I have a pretty good experience with both UPS & FedEx. I catch (or write a note) once telling them where to leave the boxes and appreciate that they don't ring the bell b/c my daughter is usually sleeping when they come. He knocks EVER so softly now so that I know. Usually, I hear the truck and start bringing boxes in as he brings them (he'd bring them in, but that's okay).I offer to receive and sort host's orders when they are $1000+. It doesn't take me as long to sort because I don't wonder what something is. Of course, I only do it for hosts that are within 1/2 or so of my home. I'll do it for any host that is SO busy. They'll say...no, it's okay, but by the end they are so grateful!

I have boxes left all the time. It does not bother me. I never worry about anyone getting them where I live. I like that they leave them b/c I am rarely home when they deliver them and neither are most of my hosts.

If the host does not want future boxes left on her doorstep, she can notify them of that.

Welcome to Canada YankeeinOntario. Do you live in a City?
My guy leaves everything on front porch, and by the way, I don't lock my doors either! I live in a city of 70,000....pretty much downtown.
I have never had a problem, and I highly doubt that anything will walk away from my porch.

Firegirl said:
Welcome to Canada YankeeinOntario. Do you live in a City?
My guy leaves everything on front porch, and by the way, I don't lock my doors either! I live in a city of 70,000....pretty much downtown.
I have never had a problem, and I highly doubt that anything will walk away from my porch.

Thank you! We've been here almost 3 years. We live in Oakvillle, a suburb of Toronto. Our neighborhood is pretty safe, but we live near a major N/S road and there is lots of traffic through here. My car gets riffled through at least once a month. We don't leave anything in our cars, as it beats the windows getting broken!

In post #23 - I mentioned how "spoiled" I am with my FedEx driver...

WELL!!! Tuesday - I thought the honeymoon was over....!!!

I had submitted a $1200.00 show ahnd was having it shipped ot me as the host was leaving for Florida for Thanksgiving. I MADE SURE I entered C/O myself in the address line - so no delays.....

She lives in the same town as I do.... I checked FE tracking and it was on time for dolivery and I wanted to get out to customers as some of them wanted their SA pieces for Thanksgiving dinner. Before leaving work I check FE one more time ...PERFECT... all 9 boxes were dleivered.... I would have just enought time to deliver to all guests.

Well - I get home and NO boxes?? I am in a panic to say the least...

I double check FE - boxes left on porch - NOT ON MINE!!! While online re-checking delivery status...

The phone rings - it is my hosts neighbor(a show guest)- asking if her items were in one of those boxes on SUZY'S porch AND COULD SHE GO OVER AND "RIFLE" THROUGH THE BOXES AND FIND HERS(Yikes!!!) FedEx DELIVERED to the hosts address anyways!!! HOW????

I race over the her house and sure enough there are the boxes. I check the address and they all have a "CORRECTED ADDRESS" with the hosts address on it?? What the heck!!! Host name and correct address - I guess I shouldn't complain.... a perk of living in a small town...

I pack up all the boxes and go home.....10 minutes later - my FedEx driver shows UP!!!:grumpy: :mad: :confused: :grumpy: :mad: I am furious and ready to let him have it!!!!

God is Good (he held my tounge) Chris (my driver) told me that he HAD to deliver to the person being shipped to: THE HOST as it is company policy.... when the C/O address IS NOT COMPLETE - they RETURN to order to sender (Home Office) - he knew where my host lived and looked up her address and created the new shipping labels SO I COULD GET MY BOXES!!! I looked at the label again... I NEVER put my adderess in the second line - Just C/O myself in Sweet Home Oregon!!!:eek: :eek: (perks of a small town I guess:cool: )

He had driven to my house after his route was complete to let me know where my boxes were. He had wrapped the boxes in plastic and left a note on my front door (I totally missed it as I was so mad!!!) telling me where the order had been delivered...

So... I re-state .... I AM SPOILED!!!! and I LOVE my FedEx driver!!!

Last edited:
Wow Gina, you do have the good one, I'm jealous.

I'm surprised that the incorrect address got past HO though - seems like it should have been caught before it even shipped.

What a nice driver Gina! I have an excellent Fed Ex driver, Rodney, who always has a smile on his face - knows me by name - asks how my shows are and brings my boxes in the house when I am home - if not they are waiting for me on the porch. I can't complain - UPS gave me excellent service as well.

Related to Ups Left a $1500 Order on the Hostess's Doorstep!

1. What should I do if UPS leaves a large Pampered Chef order on a doorstep?

If you come across a large Pampered Chef order left on a doorstep, it's best to take the boxes inside to a safe and secure location. You can also contact the hostess or the UPS customer service to report the issue.

2. Is it common for UPS to leave packages on doorsteps?

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for UPS to leave packages on doorsteps, especially if the recipient is not home at the time of delivery. However, they are supposed to leave a notice and attempt to redeliver at a later time.

3. Will Pampered Chef replace any damaged or missing items from the order?

If any items from the order are damaged or missing, Pampered Chef will replace them free of charge. It's important to contact the company as soon as possible to report any issues with the delivery.

4. Should I still deliver the boxes to the hostess if she is not home?

If the hostess is not home when the order is delivered, it's best to take the boxes to a safe and secure location. You can also try to contact the hostess to make alternative arrangements for the delivery.

5. Should I call UPS to complain about the delivery?

If you feel that the delivery was not handled properly by UPS, you can certainly contact their customer service to report the issue. However, it's also a good idea to inform the hostess and Pampered Chef about the situation so that they can address any potential issues with future deliveries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BadGirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sassypip
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies