• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Stuff: Tips to Replace Your Older Items

In summary, you don't need to replace your product just because you started in '07. I started in '06, and I have yet to replace anything I use in my kit. Yes, I've added to it, and updated redesigned tools, but I haven't replaced anything. I think it speaks volumes of the quality of our products, when customers can see that I use them in my kitchen each day (since they're not sparkling clean), and I can tell them "I got this food chopper in my kit 4 years ago, and it still works like new!"
milkangel
i reallized that most of y stuff that i use is very well used now since i started in 07 and i need almost over 600 worth of stuff to replace my olderones any ideas besides ordering and not having enough people to order to make a show?

I'm confused. What's the question?

Replacing them during Kit Enhancment in April?

I don't think you need to replace your product just because you started in '07. I started in '06, and I have yet to replace anything I use in my kit. Yes, I've added to it, and updated redesigned tools, but I haven't replaced anything. I think it speaks volumes of the quality of our products, when customers can see that I use them in my kitchen each day (since they're not sparkling clean), and I can tell them "I got this food chopper in my kit 4 years ago, and it still works like new!"

I agree. I started in 2002 and still use most of the original items. Even if some of your things are upgraded you can use them - they're still PC items and it gives you an excuse to talk about quality and the outlet.

thanks. the stuf is mostly used and worn. the most is the easy ready measuring cups. they have lines in the bottom and they dont look to apealing any more.

There's nothing wrong with that!! It shows how well they hold up over the years and that the numbers are still there. I have several items that are from when I started in 06

I started in 97 and I still use my stuff that came in my kit. I haven't replaced anything that I haven't broken or that hasn't been upgraded by PC and I've had to replace. If the measurement lines are wearing off your measuring cups then replace them but I'm still using the measure all that came in my kit. People like to hear that our products will last - it increases the value.

think about replacement parts too. I will sometimes order a new collar for my food chopper just to keep it looking new.

Plus once you hit 250 shows they let you replace your entire kit if you want. For the same cost of the kit.

it is 200 shows, after you hit 200 shows you can buy a new kit for 155. Just did it myself earlier this year. Replaced what I needed to and gave the rest as gifts

I so wish I took advantage of the new kit. I hit 200 awhile back and forgot to do the order.

Jennie4PC said:
I so wish I took advantage of the new kit. I hit 200 awhile back and forgot to do the order.

Um, I think you still can?

Hubby took a scouring pad to one of my measuring cups and it now looks "frosted" instead of clear. I still take it along with a newer looking one & show them "what not to do"!!! LOL

ShelbyMichalek said:
Um, I think you still can?

No - you only have a certain length of time to take advantage of it. I think 30 or 60 days.

ChefBeckyD said:
No - you only have a certain length of time to take advantage of it. I think 30 or 60 days.

Right. Every 200 cooking shows (includes wedding showers and fundraisers) you get that option. Every time I get the notice I consider it strongly but haven't taken advantage of it yet. ...maybe next time.

Host your own show and use the Free Product value to upgrade what you need. That way you get sales too.

I'm so excited! Because of this post I now know when I can replenish my kit items. I'm at show #188. I started in '05 where the kit didn't come with 8" skillet or ultimate mandoline. Will I be able to get the current kit for $155?

skaugchef said:
I'm so excited! Because of this post I now know when I can replenish my kit items. I'm at show #188. I started in '05 where the kit didn't come with 8" skillet or ultimate mandoline. Will I be able to get the current kit for $155?

Yep, it would be the current kit.

And thank you to the above poster for correcting me. I wasn't even sure that's why I had the question mark. LOL

i am at 107 but with a few cancled shows here and there.

I use all my products -- some look "well-loved" -- I always say, "I use everything in my own kitchen and love everything." I think guests respond well to that.

It's not the show number it's the number of Kitchen, shower and fundraiser shows. Catalog shows and individual orders also use the same numbers but don't count.

for cooing shows it is under 30 since 07 when i started. i need to increase that show more than i do catalog shows. i have about 60 people that had eather marked yes for a cooking show or a maby and still have yet to do them.

I agree. If needed replace the parts (ex: food chopper collar), but otherwise it shows the quality and longevity of our products.

BethCooks4U said:
It's not the show number it's the number of Kitchen, shower and fundraiser shows. Catalog shows and individual orders also use the same numbers but don't count.

Oh, good to know. That totally makes sense.

Related to Upgrade Your Stuff: Tips to Replace Your Older Items

1. What are some signs that I should consider upgrading my kitchen items?

Some signs that it may be time to upgrade your kitchen items include: visible wear and tear, difficulty using the item, rust or discoloration, and outdated technology or design.

2. Is it worth the investment to upgrade my kitchen items?

Yes, upgrading your kitchen items can greatly improve the functionality and efficiency of your cooking and baking. Investing in high-quality, durable items can also save you money in the long run by avoiding frequent replacements.

3. What are some essential items to consider upgrading first?

Some essential items to consider upgrading first include knives, cookware, and bakeware. These items are used frequently and can greatly impact the outcome of your meals.

4. How often should I replace my kitchen items?

The lifespan of kitchen items can vary depending on the quality and frequency of use. However, as a general rule, it is recommended to replace knives every 5-10 years, cookware every 5-7 years, and bakeware every 2-3 years.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any warranties or guarantees on their products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee on all of their products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies