• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting Your Own Show: Tips and Tricks for a Successful Event"

In summary, In order to host your own show, you need to contact your director and get permission to do a show. You will need to make a recipe from the new season to showcase the upcoming months host special. You can do a fall preview without having the new products. You should enter the show under "host" to get the 25% discount.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have been working with a Director to help me get my business on the go. She has tasked me with hosting my own show and doing the mystery host, and having some prizes for guests. Since it's been almost a year since I hosted my own show, she suggested I do a "show" vs an "open house".

I will be looking at other threads for ideas, but just wondering if anyone has any hints, ideas or suggestions for hosting your own show.

Thanks! :)

What perfect timing at the start of a new season! You could do it as a "goodbye, hello" show--showing the things that will be retired at the end of the month and then showing the new fall items. When I did this, I only took orders from the current catalog and told them they could all book shows to get the new stuff. :)

I have a few recipes premade--the new brownies, 2 variations of the brie, and the oven caramel corn recipe that's floated around here (made in the Roasting Pan).

I had $700 in sales. It was great fun! I sent everyone home with a current Season's Best and the brownies and brie recipe cards. I drew two winners for the host benefits--they got tickets based on rSVPing, bringing friends, placing orders, etc.

If you do it, you HAVE to host coach yourself. CALL EVERYONE to invite them and MAKE REMINDER CALLS!

I agree with Deb - mystery host shows are great fun - I've had 2 and both were very successful. Just invite a ton of people and follow up with everyone - I had many who couldn't come but definitely wanted to order and be invited to the next one. I've only done them in February but will probably do one in the fall to change it up a bit.

I'm thinking of doing one of my own... just got to figure out the best time to do it....

anyone do a holiday one? like early to mid november?? how would that one work?

I think I will try to do one at the end of every season, because I do love the idea of a "goodbye, hello" show, but my problem is I don't have ANY of the new fall products!! Would that matter??

Also, would you recommend making a recipe from the new season or the current season....or maybe both??

You can do a fall preview without having the new products. You might ask your director if you could borrow some from her for the day though. I would do a recipe that showcases the upcoming months host special to encourage people to book.

My Director is 4 hours away, but I could ask my recruiter....not sure if she has any of the new products, though.

Good point about the recipe!! Too bad I didn't earn the SS sauté pan :( , but I do have the 8" Professional sauté pan....which I LOVE!! :love:

Another thing I need to decide. I would like to do it on a Saturday afternoon, but not sure if it would disrupt peoples' day. What do you guys think??

Okay, so I had my show yesterday afternoon. Had 6 people there, but that was okay. Sales are almost at $600!

I did the mystery host show and drew for 4 of the host benefits:
- 1 60% off forged cutlery host special
- Free product
- Discount (it is at 25%)
- 1 1/2 price product

I'm now trying to figure out how to enter this into Pampered Partner and this is the problem I'm running into with the 25% discount. I thought that I could enter them under the "host" to get the discount, but then the show total goes under $500 and affects the amount of free stuff. How should I handle that? Do I put it in as a guest order and suck up the discount??

Any thoughts from those who have done this before??

Thanks!

Usually when I offer the % discount, that is after the products they have already purchased. It sounds like you have already drawn for that but if you haven't I would say to those that are the "hosts" that they could purchase any additional products at this price.

abrahamlaur said:
I have tried that a couple of times and did not have good results. I even had major incentives and still very low attendance at that time of year.

abrahamlaur said:

I signed in November - so my own very first show was right after Thanksgiving!:eek:
CRAZY! I did it as a Cookie Exchange, and it actually worked out well - everyone liked the idea of that so I had a pretty good attendance. I don't remember how many people total came, I remember not everyone placed an order- but I had 10 orders, $450 sales and 2 bookings.

1. How do I host a successful Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a successful Pampered Chef show involves inviting friends and family, providing a comfortable and welcoming environment, and being enthusiastic about the products. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide tips and tricks for a successful event.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show allows you to earn free products, receive discounts, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your loved ones. It's also a great opportunity to try out new recipes and learn about different kitchen tools.

3. Can I host a show if I don't have a large kitchen or cooking experience?

Absolutely! Our consultants can work with any kitchen size and will provide easy and delicious recipes that anyone can make. Hosting a show is all about having fun and learning new things, so don't worry about your cooking skills or kitchen size.

4. Can I host a virtual Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can! In today's digital age, virtual shows have become increasingly popular. Our consultants can help you set up a virtual event and provide all the necessary information and materials to ensure a successful and fun experience for you and your guests.

5. Are there any special offers for hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, there are! As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales at your show. Our consultants will also provide exclusive offers and discounts for your guests. Additionally, we offer special rewards for hosting multiple shows, so be sure to ask your consultant about all the benefits of hosting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennsRAQ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U