• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Kitchen with Premium Stainless Mixing Bowls - Only $85!

In summary, the Silicone bottoms on the SS Mixing Bowls do not melt and they are light so they are perfect for everyday use. They are deep so ingredients don't fly out when you are mixing, and they have a variety of spouts and lids to suit your needs.
NewbyPChef
Anyone have a particular idea they use to help sell these? I love them but don't know how to put the reason into words...and for $85 I feel like there needs to be a specific reason I can give people to invest in them (other than the thumb hole).

i love my ss mixing bowls! here is a link to product info on consultant's corner. it has some great info & booking/recruiting lines.

I love the versatile sizes. They nest beautifully, so they take up very little space. I typically use all 3 when doing any baking or cooking. 1 for garbage (the little one), one for wet ingredients, one for dry.If I'm making dough with yeast, I can let the dough rest/rise in the SS Bowl of choice. I turn my oven on to 'warm' (170) then turn it off and just have the light on. Set the bowl in the oven and it keeps the dough warm and lets it rise. Since it is SS with a silicone bottom, it's perfectly fine in the warm rack! The Silicone bottom obviously makes it so they don't slip and slide on my counter when I'm working either.They are DEEP instead of just big. My mom had the stainless bowls that were wide, but not as deep. It was easy to slop stuff out the top when you were mixing. Our SS Bowls are deep, so when I'm mixing (or my two boys who are learning), things don't fly out the top!. Pour spouts - obviously very handy, and the lids that you can seal the contents, OR turn the lid around so that the bump that would go over the thumb-hole is instead over the spout. This gives you a bit of air for things you might need to "breathe". I actually have two sets, and the 8 qt bowls (now discontinued). I love them! Use them and talk about them- then use them as booking tools. Easily a 1/2 price item!

The main thing I say about the SS Bowls is that they pick up where our Batter Bowls leave off. I say our Batter Bowls are everyday, multi-purpose mixing bowls that are so versatile you could use it 3 or 4 times a day! The SS Bowls have even more benefits! Bobbi mentioned some wonderful additional tips. Every kitchen needs a good set of SS Mixing Bowls. They are a kitchen neccessity and Pampered Chef went all out designing ours.

esavvymom said:
If I'm making dough with yeast, I can let the dough rest/rise in the SS Bowl of choice. I turn my oven on to 'warm' (170) then turn it off and just have the light on. Set the bowl in the oven and it keeps the dough warm and lets it rise. Since it is SS with a silicone bottom, it's perfectly fine in the warm rack! The Silicone bottom obviously makes it so they don't slip and slide on my counter when I'm working either.

I'm surprised you haven't melted them. I set a hot cookie sheet across the top of mine one day thinking it would be fine and it melted the little ring round the top hole.

I talk about how light the bowls are. Have you ever had batter in a heavy glass bowl in your arm and while scraping with the other hand to get it out you think the arm you're holding the bowl with is going to fall off. Not with these bowls and I put my finger in the hole and show them that even with mix in the bowl you can hold it with 1 finger. :sing: Plus all the other benefits already mentioned. You can also get better results when making egg whites if you pre-chill the bowl.

The fact that you can seal the contents with the lid or turn it around to drain liquids without having to go grab a colander is also a big seller. The silicone bottoms don't leave black marks on your countertops and they don't slip around when you use them. Of course all of the benefits mentioned above also help.
I tell my guests these are a kitchen must have- really you have 2 choices- go ahead and buy your set tonight at full price or schedule your show to get them at half price or even free. :)
The biggest selling point for me, though, is that they fit on my head so if we have an alien invasion I don't even have to make a tinfoil hat. ( Yes I do put the bowl on my head when I say this... usually the medium bowl-.) And that is why I have 2 sets- each family member has a bowl. :)

flemings99 said:
I'm surprised you haven't melted them. I set a hot cookie sheet across the top of mine one day thinking it would be fine and it melted the little ring round the top hole.

Um, that little ring isn't made of the same silicone as the bottom is. In fact, I don't think it's actually silicone at all. It's just a thing there so you don't cut your thumb.

I agree with all the benefits everyone mentioned. I tell the guests, that I use my stainless bowls everyday. (Which I do) They truly are one of my favorite products. These bowls reminds me of my grandmothers, only better :love:. I always have a nostalgic feeling when using them. I also tell them that every kitchen needs a good set and that my bowls will probably still be around when I am baking cookies with my grandchildren. I think it makes them see the bowls as a kitchen "classic" must have.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Um, that little ring isn't made of the same silicone as the bottom is. In fact, I don't think it's actually silicone at all. It's just a thing there so you don't cut your thumb.

Plus, I wasn't talking about putting it an oven that is on or higher than 200. I just put my oven to the lowest setting. Then I turn it off and just have the oven light on to maintain some heat. I've not done it ALOT, just a few times and never had an issue. But if I tell a customer that, I would obviously stress the temp being the LOWEST, and the oven OFF when you actually do set the bowl inside.

Besides all the great benefits already mentioned, I let them know that the 2 smaller bowls work with your Kitchen Aid mixers. Obviously, they don't hook into, but you can use them as additional bowls. Ever make a cake and need to make frosting and have to wash the bowl before you continue? Use your stainless bowls instead. If you price an additional bowl from kitchen aid, you'll pay at least $60 for just one bowl. If you buy the stainless set, you have 3 and all the added benefits mentioned throughout this thread.

yankfan24 said:
Besides all the great benefits already mentioned, I let them know that the 2 smaller bowls work with your Kitchen Aid mixers. Obviously, they don't hook into, but you can use them as additional bowls. Ever make a cake and need to make frosting and have to wash the bowl before you continue? Use your stainless bowls instead. If you price an additional bowl from kitchen aid, you'll pay at least $60 for just one bowl. If you buy the stainless set, you have 3 and all the added benefits mentioned throughout this thread.

GOOD TO KNOW!! :thumbup: Especially with baking season now upon us!

yankfan24 said:

I think there was something a while back about HO not "condoning" this.

wadesgirl said:
I think there was something a while back about HO not "condoning" this.

Why? What would be the reason? Do you have what they said?

I've used a mixer (not kitchen aid) in mine, and it scratches up the insides!

mountainmama74 said:
I've used a mixer (not kitchen aid) in mine, and it scratches up the insides!

Are you talking about a hand-held mixer? I would think if you get too close to the edges, that would or might scratch it. A stand mixer shouldn't, at least for the middle bowl as shouldn't reach the edge.

yankfan24 said:
Why? What would be the reason? Do you have what they said?

Because they are not made for the stand mixers. I wasn't a consultant when this went around but I remember hearing about it.

When I have taken them to my shows and just show them and talk about them I will usually sell them. I sold 2 at 1 show just for taking it.

As far as the bowls with a stand-mixer....just think about some of your customers or customers we've all read about. HO says what they do because there will be 1 too many people who will put the bowl in there and walk away. Not smart. It's not attached, so won't stay put, then they'll blame PC for saying it could be used that way. Or they'd complain that "it doesn't reach the bottom" or something. Well DUH folks. So HO just covers themselves by making such statements. So if WE make statements like that, we also have to include "the fine print" and tell them, "You CAN do this, but it's not what the product is designed for- so be sure to....xxxxx" Anyway, even without that tidbit, the SS bowls are some of my favorite everyday use PC Products.

Absolutely Bobbi. That's how I say it to them. Not to dumb it up in anyway, but state the facts. It's not made for the mixer and you can't obviously lock it in, but if you need an extra bowl...another use.

I love that I can use the lids to hold my stuff as I'm getting ready to slice, chop and mix.Before I got them (which was a long time) I used to never feel like I had enough bowls.I agree it's a lot of money to spend, so get them as a half price item, or watch for them to be a 60 percent special (sometimes they do a "get anything you want" kind of thing.)

Intrepid_Chef said:
Before I got them (which was a long time) I used to never feel like I had enough bowls.

I felt the SAME way!

beckyjsmith said:
The biggest selling point for me, though, is that they fit on my head so if we have an alien invasion I don't even have to make a tinfoil hat. ( Yes I do put the bowl on my head when I say this... usually the medium bowl-.) And that is why I have 2 sets- each family member has a bowl. :)

Bahahahaha! I might just use that!!

OMG That is still as funny as it was the first time I read it! The other reason HO does not condone them being used on a stand mixer is the simple fact that they do scratch. And what is one thing people complain about? The way something looks. How many of you had the "I won't buy stoneware..." or "I hate stoneware..." "because it is always (or always looks), dirty." And how many times, before they got tough, did HO replace perfectly good stones because of the way it looked? Too many! Can you imagine if people used the SS bowls with their mixer, scratched the daylights out if it then turned around and wanted it replaced? We can tell them it is a great use for them BUT we also have to make sure that EVERYONE knows this is a warranty breaker. Using them this way will not hurt the bowls nor make them unusable. Just irreplaceable via warranty. They need to know the consequences. Otherwise HO would have a bird!

I love that when I'm cooking loads of different dishes I'm can store mixes, salads, mayonnaise etc. in them with the lids on. And then unlike when you have a bowl covered with plastic wrap the bowls then stack on top of each other in the pantry. Or if you have a covered bowl in the fridge, you can put stuff on top.

jane76 - you actually get bowls that do stay covered with plastic wrap? I have to fight with the wrap just to get it clumped all over the bowls! Hate that! Love the SS bowls though, that was my main reason for loving them! Stack away!

My sister in law is a CNA and had a show early November... She took the catalog to work for the people that couldn't make it to her show... One lady bought the SS mixing bowls... So, my thinking is that people that have the extra $ know that they are worth the cash... It surprised me that she bought them, but I definitely did not complain...

Related to Upgrade Your Kitchen with Premium Stainless Mixing Bowls - Only $85!

1. How many mixing bowls come in the set?

There are a total of 3 mixing bowls in the set - a 1.5 quart, 3 quart, and 5 quart bowl.

2. Are these mixing bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, these premium stainless mixing bowls are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can these mixing bowls be used in the microwave?

No, these mixing bowls are not suitable for use in the microwave.

4. What is the material of these mixing bowls?

These mixing bowls are made of premium stainless steel, which is durable and long-lasting.

5. Do these mixing bowls come with lids?

Yes, each mixing bowl in the set comes with a matching lid for convenient storage and transportation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
cochef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
Replies