• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update on Paige's Missing Status and Money Recovery Investigation | Not on Cs

although I didn't mean to come off as insensitive, I think it would have been better if I had raised the question instead of leaving people to speculate.
baychef
Silver Member
Nothing earth shattering, but there have been articles about money recovered from Paige's home in the initial investigation and it is now missing. I am not KG so I am crappy on the details. Nothing new, however, on her missing status.:(

For those who don't know, Paige is a Pampered Chef Director that went missing almost 2 years ago. She also did other businesses, one was questionable. She has 3 children and 2 ex-husbands. Complicated life. Sad turn of events. They have not found her but don't expect her to be found alive - she would never leave her kids.

bethcooks4u said:
For those who don't know, Paige is a Pampered Chef Director that went missing almost 2 years ago. She also did other businesses, one was questionable. She has 3 children and 2 ex-husbands. Complicated life. Sad turn of events. They have not found her but don't expect her to be found alive - she would never leave her kids.

was this "Readers Digest Version of Paige" really necessary?

pamperedlinda said:
was this "Readers Digest Version of Paige" really necessary?

Excuse me? I thought that I was helping those that didn't know about Paige. If I hadn't been on CS I would have wondered who she was talking about. I though my description was fair and sensitive.

No one asked, at least not publically. Personally, I thought it was unsensative and unecessary.

pamperedlinda said:
No one asked, at least not publically. Personally, I thought it was unsensative and unecessary.
Sorry you feel that way.

Geeze. I didn't know we had to wait for someone to raise a question around here.

I think it was a little insensitive too... If we were all in a room together, including Paige, are these the words you would have used to introduce her to all of us?

bethcooks4u said:

I'm thinking not and that's why it came off as insensitive...

finley1991 said:
I think it was a little insensitive too... If we were all in a room together, including Paige, are these the words you would have used to introduce her to all of us?

I'm thinking not and that's why it came off as insensitive...

Of course not but her situation is as it is. Excuse me for trying to clear up confusion for people who didn't know anything about her. I realize that the comment about one of her businesses is what got you going but it is part of her story and the fact that I said it was "questionable" should have indicated that I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and not believing everything I read. I am as concerned as anyone else is about her and her kids and have kept them in my daily prayers.

I am really hurt by the way you two have reacted to my post. Whatever you guys think about me I do try to always be helpful and SENSITIVE to others feelings but for some reason you seem to read more into what I say than is meant.

Instead of publicly reprimanding Beth over her comments you should have sent her a private message. Then, Beth could have had the option of deleting her message. I do believe this is the kind of behavior every complains about in CS. Please don't bring it here.

Michelle

Sorry, I don't think Beth meant to be insensitive at all! I thought the way it was written was rather tasteful...

Beth, I too have been reprimaded by saying something about something else. Lesson learned.

bethcooks4u said:
Of course not but her situation is as it is. Excuse me for trying to clear up confusion for people who didn't know anything about her. I realize that the comment about one of her businesses is what got you going but it is part of her story and the fact that I said it was "questionable" should have indicated that I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and not believing everything I read. I am as concerned as anyone else is about her and her kids and have kept them in my daily prayers.

I am really hurt by the way you two have reacted to my post. Whatever you guys think about me I do try to always be helpful and SENSITIVE to others feelings but for some reason you seem to read more into what I say than is meant.

Since NO ONE asked for clarification, there wasn't any confusion to clear up. No matter what her situation was/is, it wasn't necessary.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this topic.

Okay, I struggled as to whether or not to post, but here I go.

I looked at Ann's original post as a way for her to give those of us who remember Paige and posted with her a little update in case we do not have access to CS anymore. I did not look at it as a way to catch people up for those who did not know her.

If I remember correctly, Ann and Paige actually met on one of the Pampered Chef trips. Ann had a more personal connection with Paige. Others on this board also knew her better than just someone who with they conversed on the board. That is where feelings get hurt when Paige's choices are brought up again.

On other subjects, I cannot even count the number of times I was about to post something on this board or on CS and ended up stopping myself because I thought about it and thought about it and realized it might be taken the wrong way.

For anyone who thinks Linda and Colleen were being mean, please know they have great hearts. They are very helpful and supportive! I know Beth did not mean to hurt anyone, but this is a sensitive issue and probably did not need the extra explanation. Beth also likes to be helpful and supportive. For the record, I know Linda quite well and I have met Beth for lunch when she was visiting Atlanta. While I have never met Colleen, I really hope to one day!

Thanks for letting me give my input!

Lisa - that is a very good synopsis of the situation. Thanks.

Okay. I get it. I thought I was helping but obviously some of you see it just the opposite. Do you have to keep beating me up about it? Can we just let this thread die?

I have not been on DS for a few days. My post was to inform those not on CS anymore, however, Beth adding what she did was meant as a helpful post. Obviously it was not taken that way.

We are all good meaning people on this site. We need each other for support. Yes, I did meet Paige personally, but many of you had a CS relationship with her too. Most of us on here already knew Paige, keep in mind that we have been on CS longer than we have been on DS. We are used to having to explain "who is Paige"? Explaining that can be automatic.

Would we have used these words to explain Paige if she was in the room? No, because no one (except her 2 ex's)...not even her parents knew entire life. I think that we all accept the fact that these were Paige's choices in life and no one is judging her for making any of her choices. She did whatever she did to give her 3 babies the best life possible and did it in the most secretive of ways to protect them and the rest of her family.

Having been on the receiving end of having the original meaning of my words twisted and being called out in a public post, I know how much it hurts. When we write on here, please think of how the words were intended. I have not met anyone on here that doesn't have good intensions. We are all human so let's support one another and try to read things in a more understanding manner. We need DS and we need one another!! I love you all!!!

Related to Update on Paige's Missing Status and Money Recovery Investigation | Not on Cs

1. What is the latest update on Paige's missing status and the money recovery investigation?

The latest update is that Paige has been found safe and is currently receiving medical attention. The money recovery investigation is still ongoing.

2. How much money was initially reported missing?

The initial report stated that $10,000 was missing from Paige's account.

3. Has anyone been identified as a suspect in the investigation?

At this time, no suspects have been identified. The investigation is still ongoing.

4. Will Pampered Chef be providing any updates on the investigation?

Due to the sensitive nature of the investigation, we are unable to provide any updates at this time. We will continue to cooperate with authorities and provide updates as they become available.

5. How can we support Paige during this difficult time?

We appreciate your concern for Paige and encourage everyone to respect her privacy during this time. You can show your support by sending positive thoughts and well wishes to her and her family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies