• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update - My Ex-Dh Is a Good Man

I can't imagine that she will...and believe me, she is a WONDERFUL person - if I'd met her outside of my ex-DH she is someone I would be really good friends with. She's an awesome person - but seriously...would YOU want to go on a trip with your brand new Dh and his ex-wife and kids and everyone?? I know if I were in her shoes I wouldn't want any part of it - LOLIf she goes for it, I'll be very impressed...I've seen stranger things!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I sat down with my ex last night to discuss the DC dilemma...and he was totally cool with it. He is going to talk to his wife and see if she'd agree to coming with us to DC for the trip...and if not, then we'll just swap Mother's Day and Father's Day.
I am SO relieved!!!!
He's a good GOOD man....:balloon:

That's great!

Good news Carolyn! I know you are relieved and the kids will be so happy!

Oh Carolyn - I am so glad that it worked out that way - obviously he loves his boys, and is more interested in giving them good things, than in just keeping score of who gets what.

I miss my ex.But my aim is improving.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I miss my ex.

But my aim is improving.
I would love to meet you some day, KG! I'm adding you to my list of people I'd like to have dinner with. I'll sit you right next to Sean Connery. :)

BTW, I call my hubby's ex his practice wife. hee hee

Carolyn, I am sooo very happy that things worked out like they did! What a blessing. I prayed for your family and that situation. Whoo-hoo!!

oh, it'll be hotter than a well diggers fanny in the Belgin Congo in DC in June. :) bring bottled water because the tax rate in DC is like 12.5% (if memory serves me right) so a bottle of water from a street vendor is really expensive. :)

Whew! Good to hear he's being reasonable.

Glad to hear Carolyn. That'll be so much fun for you to have your boys with you!

It's always refreshing to hear about ex's working together in the interest of their children. Sounds like he has his priorities in order. Am so glad it worked out Carolyn!
leggy

HOORAY for you Carolyn! I am so glad you were able to work it out!

Lisa

YAHOO! I'm so thankful this worked out and I'm so impressed with the way you handled the situation! Your honest up front approach has been rewarded as well it should be!

More kids (of divorced parents) need parents like you and your ex....afterall, it's "what's in the best interest of the kids, right?"

Great news Carolyn!!

I'm so glad I don't have an X!! (husband that is)

That's wonderful Caroline! I'm sure he knows how hard you worked to earn that!

I hope she can be the better woman and agree to go.

That is super Caroline! I am so glad that you don't have to worry about it any further! Very nice thing for him to do...

wadesgirl said:
I hope she can be the better woman and agree to go.

I can't imagine that she will...and believe me, she is a WONDERFUL person - if I'd met her outside of my ex-DH she is someone I would be really good friends with. She's an awesome person - but seriously...would YOU want to go on a trip with your brand new Dh and his ex-wife and kids and everyone?? I know if I were in her shoes I wouldn't want any part of it - LOL If she goes for it, I'll be very impressed...

I've seen stranger things!

Related to Update - My Ex-Dh Is a Good Man

1. Is it possible for an ex-husband to become a good man?

Yes, it is definitely possible for an ex-husband to become a good man. People can change and grow, and with effort and self-reflection, anyone can become a better person.

2. How do you know if an ex-husband has truly changed?

It can be difficult to determine if someone has truly changed, but a good indicator is their actions and behavior over a sustained period of time. If your ex-husband consistently shows kindness, respect, and responsibility, it is a good sign that he has changed for the better.

3. What steps can an ex-husband take to become a good man?

An ex-husband can take several steps to become a good man, such as seeking therapy or counseling, practicing empathy and communication skills, taking responsibility for their actions, and making positive changes in their behavior and attitude.

4. Can a good relationship be rekindled with an ex-husband who has changed?

It is possible for a good relationship to be rekindled with an ex-husband who has changed, but it ultimately depends on the individual circumstances and the willingness of both parties to work on the relationship.

5. What advice do you have for people considering giving their ex-husband a second chance?

Before giving your ex-husband a second chance, it is important to take time to reflect on your own feelings and boundaries. Communicate openly and honestly with your ex-husband about your expectations and address any past issues that may have caused the relationship to end. It is also important to set boundaries and stick to them, and to take things slow to ensure that your ex-husband has truly changed and is committed to being a good partner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat