• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragic Loss of a High School Reunion Classmate | Remembering a Good Man

In summary, a classmate of 20 years ago was killed and his death has left others in the class feeling saddened and sorrowful.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
As some of you may know, I attended my 20 year high school reunion last weekend. Had an awesome time and loved reconnecting with lots of friends. We were a very close-knit class in high school....

Just this morning found out that one of our classmates was killed yesterday. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/08/28/state/n151023D47.DTL&tsp=1

I was JUST talking to him 5 days ago! It is crazy. He leaves behind a wife and three children 11, 9 and 5. He died doing what he loved, though. I'm miffed that some idiot commented on that article that he should have tried to land in open space or a roadway... geez - if you knew him, you'd know he did everything possible to avoid harming people... he is a world record holding pilot, attended West Point and served in the military. His business was planes and troubleshooting and maintenance and knowing them inside and out. He flew and coordinated planes for mission trips and humanitarian relief efforts! The world has lost a GOOD MAN. Please say a prayer for the family.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers coming your way.

Awww... Joy I am sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family and all of his friends.

Joy I am so sorry for your loss. You and his family will be in my prayers.

I am so sorry, Joy. :(

How awful; hugs to you.

Joy---sending my sympathies to you and his family. My DH went to West Point also, but as I can reckon, you graduated HS in 88, well my DH graduated WP in 88, so they didn't know each other, but always sad from one WP'er to another......
GOD BLESS HIM

So sorry....

Very sad sending prayers for his family.

Oh Joy - that is so sad - I am so sorry for your loss and his family.....

Thanks everyone. I just updated our reunion website (I was the webmaster) and sent out a blanket email to everyone on our reunion mailing list... that is the closest I EVER want to come to writing an obituary. I'm gonna throw up now...

Joy, so sorry to hear! ...and too young still to die. :(

Joy, I am so sad to hear this. Prayers being said!

Joy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Isn't it wonderful that you got to see him the other day???

I am sorry to hear of your loss. What trajic news. But it is wonderful that you were able to see him and spend time with him.

Growing up I had a friend that was in a snowboarding accident when we were 16 and became a quadrapalegic (sp) and he worked and worked and worked to be able to get a job and drive (limited use of arms kept his status as a quadrapalegic) and I was able to reconnect w/ him years later one night when I was out. He commented on how I was one of the first people to treat him like it was him and not someone with a handicapp and how it meant so much to him. He and I were sitting at a table and being eye-to-eye helped me just remember he was my friend. We talked about getting together again and soon. A month later I helped the local search and rescue on a 2 day manhunt for him. Most thought he committed suicide, but I never thought that. They found him after the news stations aired a story and someone called. His van malfunctioned and he was able to get off a road and went out into a field and a woman saw him but never reported it. He died of hypothermia (fall weather in PA) about 36 hours after his accident. He left his mother a note on his palm pilot that he did not commit suicide but knew he would not survive this and to remember she was always his number one (she was a single mom and the bravest and strongest woman I knew). She committed suicide less than one year later. She wasn't able to deal w/ his death.

Anyhow, my point...sorry for being off track was to say that I truely treasure and cherish my time that one night at a bar with him. I am able to remember my friend Joe, and know that in my heart he is still as amazing as ever. Whenever I go by that field I talk to him, and occassionally I can feel him with me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know just how horrible it is to lose someone like this. Hugs to you.

What happened to our classmate?

We are saddened to inform you that our classmate unexpectedly passed away. The details surrounding their passing have not been disclosed.

When and where is the funeral or memorial service?

The funeral or memorial service for our classmate will be held on [date] at [location]. More information will be provided as it becomes available.

Can I send flowers or make a donation in our classmate's honor?

Yes, in lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be made to [organization/charity] in our classmate's name. Alternatively, you can also send flowers directly to the funeral home.

Will there be a gathering or reunion to honor our classmate's memory?

At this time, no plans have been made for a gathering or reunion to honor our classmate's memory. However, we encourage classmates to connect with one another and share memories and stories of our dear friend.

How can I offer my condolences to the family of our classmate?

You can offer your condolences to the family by sending a card or message directly to them. You can also reach out to other classmates and organize a group message or card to send to the family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ann F
Back